Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Looks like bigfoot has gone mainstream

oh shut up and watch it.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostPlanB, on 07 January 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Right, but it's a case by case thing. Which kind of adds validity to whatever they deem may exist or be true. But they never come flat out saying, OMG! Philipino Vampires are real!!! because they never have the evidence to support it. But that's a really good point about the open-ended conclusions.

One of my favorite lines from DT was when a crewman says something to the effect "Nobody's better at almost catching monsters than you Josh!" Can't imagine anyone on FB saying this as it would be a huge crush to their egos.

underscoring mine
Ranae does, in her own way. And MM does get mad at her, Bobo's reaction is more "tsk tsk" disgust, and Cliff, well, not sure what ticks him off.

*I've never seen Beast Hunter, I confused it with Man V Monster. But they sound like identical shows.

#32    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

I think the role of "skeptic" is one she has but it's one she maintains for the benifit of the show. MM seems to really get off telling people, "Yep, that's documented evidence of a Bigfoot." Or, "Bigfoot are widely known to do this.". Cliff is a little like a Zen Guru about the whole thing. Bobo is sort of like the cheerleader for the group, I will have to give him some credit, I've seen him on the show talking with people who were scared by whatever it was they encountered and he's good at talking to them in a manner that doesn't upset them.

The only thing I've really seen them do that sort of tees me off is they'll stop suddenly, the back ground music comes up just slightly, and say, "Did you hear that?" Or "What was that?". The one that really p***ed me off was the one where they claimed to hear people talking or thought it might have been people talking and none of it was on the tape. Supposedly, Bigfoots make this sort of "talking" sound.......but they can't quite get it on tape. So they substitute background theme music in it's place. Makes me want to slap someone, sort of like when I'm watching a football game and the producer in the trailer decides he needs to do several plays from the end zone shot, can't see a damn thing, but he's calling the shots and he's bored. I just want to drag him out by the collar and shake him a couple of times.

#33    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,221 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

The show is lame. And it's unfortunate that that's the way it has to be.

Posted Image

#34    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Apparently Les Stroud pitched a Bigfoot hunting show to Discovery. How cool would that have been?

#35    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,221 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

I think Discovery and AP are owned by the same entity??

Posted Image

#36    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Believe you're correct. That's why Mermaids: The Body Found played on Discovery after premiering on AP and also why Discovery gets reruns of River Monsters.

#37    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

View PostStardrive, on 07 January 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

I think Discovery and AP are owned by the same entity??

I'm thinking more channels are owned by one party than we realize. As I mentioned once before, completely unrelated channels now advertise their shows on each other. Something we never used to see.

#38    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

View PostPlanB, on 07 January 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

Apparently Les Stroud pitched a Bigfoot hunting show to Discovery. How cool would that have been?

Cooler than what we've been given, that's for sure. But is he a believer? Never heard this, not sure what is angle would be?

Edited by QuiteContrary, 08 January 2013 - 12:10 AM.

#39    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

He believes that he had two experiences.

Sorry, I haven't listened to this in a while, but there's some salty language. But they go on and have a fun, interesting discussion for a while. Even bringing up FB.

Edited by PlanB, 08 January 2013 - 12:24 AM.

#40    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

I wouldn't be surprised in the least that a number of people haven't pitched them on a Bigfoot show.  MM did have one of the largest "Bigfoot" organizations in the US and was probably chosen because he and his group can pull in stories from reports and choose about which ones to make shows on. If you're gonna have a show then you got have something to show. Look at "Dirty Jobs" they very nearly were shut down a couple times in the last couple years because they didn't have something to make a show from, which is why they very often had as many as five different jobs featured to fill the time.

I also think, my own speculation, that Animal Planet liked the idea of them being a "no kill" group and we can all insert our own speculation on that.

#41    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Does this mean we will get Bigfoot Burgers, with Sasquatch Nuggets and Yeti Fries?

Being serious, to be honest I'm not surprised about this. Finding Bigfoot seemed to be gathering notice and popularity so it would only be a matter of time until they got into commercials of established businesses.

Not going to lie, the Bigfoot Burger is kind of a cool name for a burger.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#42    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 08 January 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

I wouldn't be surprised in the least that a number of people haven't pitched them on a Bigfoot show.  MM did have one of the largest "Bigfoot" organizations in the US and was probably chosen because he and his group can pull in stories from reports and choose about which ones to make shows on. If you're gonna have a show then you got have something to show. Look at "Dirty Jobs" they very nearly were shut down a couple times in the last couple years because they didn't have something to make a show from, which is why they very often had as many as five different jobs featured to fill the time.

I also think, my own speculation, that Animal Planet liked the idea of them being a "no kill" group and we can all insert our own speculation on that.

Plus, they could more easily fill the "community/town hall meetings" with BFRO members, to relate their encounters for the team to checkout.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 08 January 2013 - 01:24 AM.

#43    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

True, but keep in mind that usually a TV crew will do that.

#44    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,221 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

View PostPlanB, on 07 January 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

Believe you're correct. That's why Mermaids: The Body Found played on Discovery after premiering on AP and also why Discovery gets reruns of River Monsters.
Jeremy Wade is da man. Probably my favorite show out there right now.

Posted Image

#45    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 08 January 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

True, but keep in mind that usually a TV crew will do that.
'

At some point, maybe in the first episodes of the show, MM  kind of bragged on how they/HE contacted BFRO members to put together these meetings. Which makes sense. You need a database of names. Probably something they pitched to/negotiated for with Animal Planet at the beginning. Ups BFRO membership/puts their name out there too, plus aids the show.

Hey keninsc, did you watch yesterday's episode? I know little about tracking, but did you see the photos of the tracks in the mud? Are tracks made in mud so even in depth and with cleanly marked toes?

Edited by QuiteContrary, 08 January 2013 - 01:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users