Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Village vanished

Bahamut_0

i'm not really sure if this is the right forum for this, but i believe that lots of ppl have heard of what maybe considered the biggest mystery in canada (i'm not 2 actualized on this but i believe that this case was never solved):

Whole village vanished

was that mysterie ever solved??

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marduk

• 343 Guilty Spark

• Atlantis Rises

• Jodie.Lynne

i'm not really sure if this is the right forum for this, but i believe that lots of ppl have heard of what maybe considered the biggest mystery in canada (i'm not 2 actualized on this but i believe that this case was never solved):

Whole village vanished

was that mysterie ever solved??

689653[/snapback]

When you're looking for a missing village its always best to ask a mountie

in the end its not surprising that none of the villagers could be found because the village never actually existed no.gifno.gif

Anjikuni

The story about the disappearance in the 1930's of an Inuit village near Lake Anjikuni is not true. An American author by the name of Frank Edwards is purported to have started this story in his book Stranger than Science. It has become a popular piece of journalism, repeatedly published and referred to in books and magazines. There is no evidence however to support such a story. A village with such a large population would not have existed in such a remote area of the Northwest Territories (62 degrees north and 100 degrees west, about 100 km west of Eskimo Point). Furthermore, the Mounted Police who patrolled the area recorded no untoward events of any kind and neither did local trappers or missionaries.

excerpt from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Official website.

http://www.rcmp.ca/history/anjikuni_e.htm

w00t.gif

Ok that is totally creepy. I wonder why thoguht they even took the dead bodies in graves but left the dogs? That's weird.

Ok that is totally creepy. I wonder why thoguht they even took the dead bodies in graves but left the dogs? That's weird.

689659[/snapback]

Maybe, because it is a made up ghost story that never actually happened?

It's a pretty freakey story but can there be 6 million people in one of those villages?

It's a pretty freakey story but can there be 6 million people in one of those villages?

690037[/snapback]

No with six million people it would no longer be a village,but a large city. grin2.gif

I know it wasn't real. I'm just saying it was a strange story and how can a village hold 6 million people.

did you even read the link guilty spark?

I read the link. But i'm just saying that the writer who made up the disappearances didn't even do research about these villages.

And why would he? It doesn't take a literary genius to create a 'spook story'.

LMAO!!

You are kidding right? I have seen some people who will believe anything, no matter how hare brained, simply because they WANT to believe.

Do a search on the subject of this village, just on this forum. It should prove to be illuminating.

I like to look at the facts in a story. When I first read the story I had my doubts about the number of people in the village. Just the skeptic inside me.

I remember reading that book just a little while ago. I was pretty skeptical of that particular story, because being from Canada, I thought that I would have heard about it before. Sure enough, it is false.

whoa that is sooo interesting, im readin the link now.. thanks for that!

I like to look at the facts in a story. When I first read the story I had my doubts about the number of people in the village. Just the skeptic inside me.

690263[/snapback]

Read it again. It says 6 million missing in the world. The village only had about 1,200 men, women, and children. The 6 million is more like 4.5 million, but it IS true. There is a growing number of missing people worldwide totaling around 4.5 million. That number is really astounding when you think about it. They compared it to the entire state of North Carolina disappearing... But that number is world wide. thumbsup.gif

Thank the lord!

i agree wiv marduk

i wuld have thought that the the story was a fabrication

by sum1 who wants to sell books.....

even if a whole village was missing, wouldn't ytouthink there would be relatives in OTHER towns that would have noticed them missing and filed reports long ago? OOOOOh, thats right, it didn't happen! lol

even if a whole village was missing, wouldn't ytouthink there would be relatives in OTHER towns that would have noticed them missing and filed reports long ago?  OOOOOh, thats right, it didn't happen!  lol

694185[/snapback]

blink.gifblink.gifblink.giftongue.gifgrin2.gifthumbsup.gifw00t.gif

Oh, that village? It's in my closet.

...Should I put it back?

The vanished village story is much more believable to me than the stats on "vanished people" in the year 1995 alone. Four million in the USA and over two million more from the rest of the globe? I was so busy wondering about that, unable to believe it, that I couldn't feel more about the vaniashed village part of the article than just terible pity for the dogs, in case it was true. yes.gif

Carlotta