Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the mystery of breath...

Antonio Alamar

This article may answer a few things about this mystery. Something that we have to do again, with the impact of the evolving awhereness not only within our own potential, but also of the future of our species, as beings that re "the guardians"...yes i knows this means nothing at all, so, two things will happen, someone shall be curious and give the "benefit of the doubt" and WITH BALANCE, start from the knowledge that he KNOWS that he KNOWS nothing, meaning that he be an an aprentice, and all aprentices shall have tto destroy his view of the world...the one that engages in INTERNAL DIALOGUES, hummm? after a few things shall manifest thmeselfs. the second, shall hunch shoulders until some impact on his/her life, imposed by his dreamer shall awaken him, from "the day dream" that stopped him from seing that the only time that there exists is the time that exists upon the DYNAMICS of the unfoldement of our PERCPTION, within the totality of our beings...savy?

(means that work less for others, and work more for yourself)

well here it goes...

"http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/377/14815_autotroph.html< /a>

Autotrophs: new kind of humans appears who neither drink nor eat

01/13/2005 18:20

It is not ruled out that they will replace us at a new evolution stage

People all around the world were storming supermarkets and grocery stores on Christmas and New Year's Eve. There was a small group of people, though, who did not even think about eating anything for Christmas. In fact, they do not think about food at all. Such people call themselves autothrophs - they do not eat at all. The term designates an organism that makes its own food. Autotrophs can go on hunger strikes for years and even decades. ?

Irina Novozhilova, the president of the center for protection of animals' rights, expressed her opinion about phenomenal individuals, who can live without food and water.

"The idea to turn down food as it is appeared long ago. Russian philosophers, particularly Vernadsky, were thinking about a possibility for a human being to live on something non-material. Vernadsky was certain that man is an energetic creature that can nourish himself from the energy of space. Some people can prove it today that it is possible to live a normal life without physical food.

"All living beings on our planet can be divided into two categories - autotrophs and heterotrophs. The majority of plants constitute the first category - they receive energy from non-organic substances - sunshine or air - and process it during the photosynthesis. Humans and animals make the second category: they nourish themselves with other living beings. Therefore, the people, who can live on the solar and space power, are closer to plants than to other humans. There is a group of autotrophs in Moscow. They gather in the Konstantin Vasiliev Museum, where they share experience with others. If a woman breastfeeds her child until it turns seven years old, for example, a child will be able to become an autotroph already by eight - simply and painlessly. A mother neither drinks nor eats, but she has enough milk to feed the baby. There are such women in Moscow. I often interact with people, who reject food completely. At first they become vegans - they exclude all products of animalistic origin from their menu in other words. After that they gradually turn down the vegetal food too. When people stop eating physical food, they also stop consuming any kind of liquid. They drink nothing.

"I would not say that scanty nourishment exerts a negative influence on their state of health. They are rather vigorous and cheerful people. However, I would like to warn everyone that it is impossible to quit drinking water and eating food in a moment. It should be done slowly, step by step, with short-term temporary starvation. A lethal outcome would be inevitable otherwise. A person will be killed either with starvation or their own wastes. The 70-year-old Indian yogi Pralad Djani is one of the most renowned contemporary autotrophs. This man has not been eating or drinking anything for 62 years, since the age of six. Indian doctors examined and tested him: they placed the man in a special room, outfitted the room with surveillance cameras and sealed the bathroom. As it turned out, Pralad Djani's body was functioning absolutely normally. The body was producing urine, although it was being absorbed into the urinary bladder. The yogi said that he was receiving water from air. He also said that there was a tiny hole in the palate, from which drops of "heavenly" water penetrated into his mouth.

"Russia's most famous autotroph's name is Zinaida Baranova. The old lady from the city of Krasnodar is 67 years old. She was approaching her new existence very slowly. At first she gave up meat, then she turned vegetables down. She has been living without food and water for 4.5 years already. Scientists of the Bauman Institute examined her organism and were very surprised to find out that the woman's biological age corresponded to 20 years. Professor Spiridonov came to conclusion that the pensioner was a perfectly healthy lady; all her systems and organs, except for the stomach, were functioning normally. Indeed, she is a very energetic and bubbly person. She got rid of all diseases, even chronic ones. She said, however, that it was rather hard for her to get used to the new lifestyle. She was suffering from cramps, exhaustion, dry mouth, etc. There were moments, when she thought she was dying. The woman's health improved in 1.5 months.

"Doctors say that autotrophs make a fundamentally new type of self-sufficient human beings. It is not ruled out that they will replace us at a new evolution stage. Modern science has already confirmed the ability of a human being to maintain itself. Dietitians were recently saying that the B12 vitamin was naturally contained only in animal foods. Vegans, therefore, were supposed to die, since they could not receive the vitamin. However, doctors found out that the concentration of the B12 vitamin was fine with vegans. The situation became clear, when scientists discovered the synthesis process in the intestines. It became known that human beings could live on their own microflora. Medics have already discovered that the human intestines produce microorganisms that can synthesize amino acids."

Read the original in Russian: (Translated by: Dmitry Sudakov)"

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marduk

• Mr Ed

• Antonio Alamar

• Travelling Man

Top Posters In This Topic

a peice of information that may give a few leads

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/295761.cms

AHMEDABAD: All that fuss about magician David Blaine caged in a glass booth for 44 days in London surviving only on water seems to have been over nothing.

Consider this: Prahlad Jani (76) —popularly known as ‘Mataji’ — says he has not had a single drop of water for the past 65 years.

Neither has he put a morsel of food in his mouth. His body also does not perform vital functions like passing urine and stool.

Jani, who lives in recluse in the caves at Ambaji, about 120 km north of here, claims that he was blessed by a Goddess when he was eight. So is he for real? And how is this man alive? These are the questions perplexing the medical fraternity here.

The Association of Physicians of Ahmedabad, a body with over 400 members, in association with Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Science (DIPAS), New Delhi, has been examining Jani for the past 10 days in a specially prepared room at Sterling Hospital.

“A panel of doctors — including physicians, cardiologists, neurologists, a neurosurgeon, a gastroenterologist, an endocrinologist, a diabetologist, a nephrologist, a urosurgeon, an ENT surgeon, a psychiatrist, an opthalmologist, a genetic counsellor, a radiologist, sonologists and many more — have examined him. In fact, nearly 100 doctors of the association have examined Jani during these 10 days,” said secretary of the association, Dr Urman Dhruv. Surveillance cameras have been placed in Jani’s room.

“We have also deputed a team of doctors and security personnel on round-the-clock duty,” said Dr VN Shah of Sterling Hospital.

Jani agreed to avoid bathing during the examination period but was given 100 ml water to wash his mouth which was collected back and measured.

“Jani has not passed urine since he was brought here on November 12. He has not taken anything by mouth or by any other route — not even water during this period. All his parameters are within the normal physiological range. Initially, the project was to continue for seven days but his health allowed us to extend it,” said Dhruv.

Tests have showed that Jani’s body has shown evidence of formation of urine, which seems to be reabsorbed from his bladder wall.

“He underwent all possible medical investigations — from checking blood pressure to MRI of brain and gut, which were normal. Perhaps, he is more fit than other people of his age. This is an attempt to understand a new dimension in medical science and help mankind,” said Dr Sudhir Shah, a neurologist, who was a part of the team who examined a similar case of Hira Ratan Manek, a person who fasted for 411 days.

“But this one is different. Not passing urine and stool is a very striking phenomenon. This is a oneof-a-kind case,” he said.

At present, the committee does not have any scientific explanation for the phenomenon. “All we can say is that we are taking help of senior scientists.”

and heres another view...humm?

from http://www.randi.org/jr/071103.html

"July 11, 2003

Another Breatharian, Sensible Danes, "Lectra Search" Swindle Revealed, Credulity Strain, Spirit Site Warning, Baba Back, Imperial Point Pointless, Penney Magnets, Real Nut Stuff, Which Witch, and the X-Windows...

A very strange news item showed up last week, one that brought a great deal of mail in here and caused some excitement in the media. It was a report that a man named Hira Ratan Manek — also known as Hirachand — a 64-year-old mechanical engineer who lives in the southern state of Kerala, India, apparently started disliking food in 1992, the Hindustan Times newspaper reported. In 1995, he claimed, he went on a pilgrimage to the Himalayas and on his return he stopped eating completely. His wife told reporters that every evening he would look at the Sun for one hour without batting an eyelid. It was his main food, she claimed. "Occasionally he takes coffee, tea or some other liquid."

Last June, reported the Hindustan Times, scientists from NASA verified that Manek spent 130 days surviving only on water. The report claimed that NASA had even named this subsistence on water and solar energy after him: The HRM (Hira Ratan Manek) Phenomenon! Said the newspaper, Mr. Manek is now in the USA to show NASA's scientists how he survives without food, with the hope that they can use his technique to solve food storage and preservation problems on its expeditions.

The account went on to give details. Manek said he "eats through his eyes" in the evening, when the sun's ultraviolet rays are least harmful. His wife said: "He has a special taste for sun energy. He believes only 5 per cent of human brain cells are used by most people. The other 95 per cent can be activated through solar energy."

Well, Mr. Manek, I've often been known to dip into my gray matter deeply enough to use as much as ten percent, so I think you're a damn liar. And, here at the JREF we get all sorts of claims from people who say they don't eat, ever, and we stack those claims with the fly-by-flapping-my-arms and make-women-crazy-by-ESP presumptions. One guy tested in California a few years back was discovered to be sneaking out to McDonalds in the wee hours of the morning, though he claimed he only inhaled the burger aroma to stay alive... We didn't believe that...

Ah, but as the Hindustan Times story developed, it was discovered that Manek took a bit more than sunlight for sustenance. His wife had somewhat hyperbolized his claim — what a surprise! — and admitted that he also consumed buttermilk and fruit juices. The miracle begins to fade somewhat at this point, don't you think?

I wasn't too excited at yet another "breatharian" claim. What really interested me was whether NASA had actually expressed interest in this nonsense. Believe me, no federal agency can surprise me, in this period of our history where qualified physicists accept and endorse dowsing, the patent office issues patents for "free energy" machines, and hospitals officially allow witchdoctors in gowns to cast spells for patients. So I looked into that matter.

Theoretically, that sounds easy to do. In actuality, it's a horror. Go to NASA's official page, www.nasa.gov and you'll see. Look over the entire page. The only likely button there is labeled, "Contact NASA" at the upper right. Okay, press it. On this next page, you'll find 3 more buttons labeled "Contact NASA," all of which bring you back to the page you're already on. Remaining on this set-up, there's only one likely way to go, at the top center: "Multimedia." Press. Now you see 2 more "contact NASA" buttons, but you'll ignore those. In fact, you're stopped dead. There's NO WAY to "contact NASA." Give it up.

I had to abandon this quest, and I called a good friend who had an "in" with the system, who put me in touch with the person directly involved with the issues about which I had the question. I called, and told her my problem, to simply discover whether NASA was involved with this "living-on-sunlight" claim. Within half an hour, I was assured that no group within NASA had any knowledge of, nor involvement with, this nonsense.

Fine. That's what I'd hoped for. But within the hour, reading the web page of another group, a very well-informed and prestigious one, I was shocked to see that they'd been in touch with NASA over the same item, and had been told that NASA was active in this respect, with this man Manek! Who to believe?

Well, the official NASA spokesperson, Dolores Beasley, has now said she has no idea why press reports had claimed that NASA had invited Manek. NASA has no record of him being involved with them, in any way whatsoever. So, it's all a lie. What else is new?

Well, other than to give you an "A" for being able to cut and paste, let's get to addressing the issues...

The first story is from Pravda... the Russian "news" source that has quoted things from The Onion verbatim and has used them as "truth"... The cut-n-paste above talks about the "old" "20-year-old", and that she got rid of all diseases, even chronic ones... Just how many diseases did this 20-year-old old lady have?? You don't see this as suspicious??

The second is from India, and if you google, you will find that he DOES eat/drink at least SOMETHING - "nectar" from the roof of his cave. There was no "independant" investigation or verification of the tests done by the Association of Physicians of Ahmedabad, and they haven't published their findings in any peer-reviewed publication, so we don't know how stringent they were in ensuring he didn't eat or drink... just their word.

The last one is debunked by our friend The Amazing Randi. Just because somebody claims to have dealt with anonymous people at NASA doesn't make it true. And when NASA's official spokesman says that it is bunk, I would tend to believe her.

Bravo Malruhn.

I think that this whole discussion falls into the "Don't confuse me with facts, Ive already made up my mind" catagory.

EDIT: The above bold faced statement is in regard to the original posting. Just in case there was any confusion.

Edited by JMPD1

Call me silly, but I think you might be being a bit too obtuse for me. Are you mocking your own post, or ribbing me?

I call my position something called "Skepticism". You might try it... it's good for you!

Don't confuse me with hyperbole, just give me facts - VERIFIABLE facts. A news article from a suspect source is not proof of anything. A news article from a group who has a vested interest in drawing tourism to its region in India is a suspect source. A story debunking your premise from Randi IS a good source - as what he does is footnoted and can be followed up on.

Try some better sources. This is like a Christian organization reporting they have "proof" of miracles. For me to accept without seeing it, the reporting had better be done by a public ATHIEST group that is saying that they are proving miracles. You gave us a known propaganda tool that has spread disinformation for decades, a report from a group that actively campaigns for tourism (Google is your FRIEND!), and a report that uses a third example to help debunk the first two.

Sorry, try again. Skeptics want to know.

One rule I recommend- if the site you get information from contains the word 'pravda', close your interent browser immediately.

692121[/snapback]

Ah so i see you're communist sympathies coming clear now Osama.

A typical capitalist would actually have said "don't bother with that commie tourist propoganda nonsense, remember they have also claimed to have found the tomb of Osiris in egypt (still no evidence) and reputedly recovered a flying disk at tunguska, reported to the western world in an hour long special hosted by Roger Moore who still seemed to be firmly esconced in his James Bond role despite having been fired several decades earlier. Lots of eyebrow Know what i mean. Think Gerry anderson, thunderbirds puppet at this point (I am not kidding this actually happened)"

Get back into your Cave Osama and come out when you've re read your Infiltrating the infidel panthlet a few more times.

Oh and get a haircut and a shave

you'll be surprised how much that will help

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Marduk shhhhhh, if you keep calling me Osama then people will catch on. The beard is 100% pure cotton, the finest material beard around. Therefore it will not be shaved off.

You are right though, it would take something drastic like shaving off my fake facial hair and erasing my turban on paint, to make me believe in all the stuff the pravda 'journalists' come up with.

Marduk shhhhhh, if you keep calling me Osama then people will catch on. The beard is 100% pure cotton, the finest material beard around. Therefore it will not be shaved off.

You are right though, it would take something drastic like shaving off my fake facial hair and erasing my turban on paint, to make me believe in all the stuff the pravda 'journalists' come up with.

692149[/snapback]

Was i doing that again. i am sorry.

ladies and gentleman i give you my good friend Mr Ed (real name Osmund)

He's a great guy and has no links to the middle east at all.

None whatsoever

understand me when i say there are no foreign assasins in our blessed country and they have not annihilated our holy imperial reserve at all in fact God has thrown down destruction on these infidels who aren't in our country anymore.

i mean that they weren't ever here because God (praise god) has decreed that these foreign devils do not exist, they are just in their own imaginations and they are all servants of satan who we don't actually believe in.

What do you think.

I was thinking of getting Sting to do backing vocals.

We will crush the infidel in their country that doesn't exist and God will rain down fire on all our enemies. Badoom badoom. bop bop de bop

Any record producers let me know.

thumbsup.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

(no offense intended(sincere))

Marduk, a Fatwa has just been issued against you. If I were you, you had better go and join Salmon Rushdie in his security camp.

Your friend, Osmund.

Marduk, a Fatwa has just been issued against you. If I were you, you had better go and join Salmon Rushdie in his security camp.

Your friend, Osmund.

692171[/snapback]

A fatwa against me. ME may the true God in heaven strike you down in fire from the sky and may your crops be barren.

May your cows milk be dry and your goats clotted . I call upon all the powers of justice to save me from this allegation of satan's lies. Anyone got the U.N. phone number. ???

How have i deserved a fatwa

Your obedient slave

Comical Marduk

w00t.gifw00t.gif

Marduk, if that was a reference to Chemical Ali then you are almost as funny as me laugh.gif

Ok ok, you have stated your case. I am withdrawing the fatwa. It would be ashame to have you killed because then who would be the main force in putting down all crazy ancient history theories?

I am not withdrawing the fatwa because I am worried for my goats. I just need their milk.

Marduk, if that was a reference to Chemical Ali then you are almost as funny as me laugh.gif

Ok ok, you have stated your case. I am withdrawing the fatwa. It would be ashame to have you killed because then who would be the main force in putting down all crazy ancient history theories?

I am not withdrawing the fatwa because I am worried for my goats. I just need their milk.

692189[/snapback]

And now that you have admitted negligence by the ancient code i demand 25 % of your profits from goats milk (uncurdled) per year paid twice monthly. (i have lawyers). devil.gif

Or the loan of the prettiest one in the flock for personal reasons on every sunday that the moon is full and blue. On the same day that the arch satan is Ice skating to his despicable shamefull god hating employment as god of all evil at the forum house. May god rain fire down upon his progeny God bless you and rain down blessings upon you and all that sail in you.

w00t.gif

Marduk, tears have come to my eyes at hearing such raw emotion.

I thankyou for allowing me to see the beauty of god.

(what the hell is this topic about? I cba reading the lengthy intro)

Marduk, tears have come to my eyes at hearing such raw emotion.

I thankyou for allowing me to see the beauty of god.

(what the hell is this topic about? I cba reading the lengthy intro)

692402[/snapback]

It's a how to on breathing.

seems a little pointless to me y'know.

I mean i know all about that

I'm an orthodox expert in the field

in through the nose two three out of the mouth two three

sleepy.gif

I failied breathing 101, now I have to retake the course....

I failied breathing 101, now I have to retake the course....

693707[/snapback]

Breathing.....I.....didn't.....know we.......should.......brea.t...h.....e............ innocent.gif