Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Unsolved Serial Killings Map


  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31    EllJay

EllJay

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,666 posts
  • Joined:26 Dec 2009
  • Gender:Male

  • Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills is quite known though, but as it is right now, unsolved.
The trial of the West Memphis Three was a kangaroo-court that costed them many years.
Watch Paradise Lost.


Another case that came to mind, that was sort of solved though, but had another story following it, was Herb Baumeisters killings in Fox Hollow Farm and the couple who bought that house later.

Here's a sneak peak of it>>  

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#32    Idano

Idano

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 225 posts
  • Joined:24 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Illinois, USA

  • If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    Ron White

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostTaun, on 17 September 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Maybe I'm 'thick' or something... but it's not working for me... I've tried several times over the past few days and all I accomplished was to add a lake (by accident) which I was able to delete....
Taun could you add a lake by my house please?   HH excellent topic, research and execution (no pun intended) :clap: I've always felt odd being so taken by the subject of serial killers, glad to see there are more out there.

What could possibly go wrong?

#33    freetoroam

freetoroam

    Honourary member of the UM asylum

  • Member
  • 7,497 posts
  • Joined:11 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:rivers and canals of England and Wales.

  • If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

Many of the unsolved occured before the introduction of DNA.
Many happened before the introduction of cctv cameras.
Many unsolved crimes are unsolved, not because they do not have a suspect, but they do not have enough evidence.

when you say "unsolved serial murders", are you refering strictly to murders which are similar that it is the work of 1 person (or the same persons) within that particular area?

Edited by freetoroam, 17 November 2012 - 12:05 AM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#34    pallidin

pallidin

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,346 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Like with other horrible human behavior, I would not be surprised if one or more serial killers are on internet forums, disquised of course.

Perhaps there is one here. <_<

:passifier: :passifier: :passifier:


#35    flybynyght

flybynyght

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:26 Dec 2012

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

They r disquised as humans. they r really alien monsters pretending to be human.


#36    purplepants69

purplepants69

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined:13 May 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Tucson, AZ

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Diana Vicari and her sister Debbie were close friends of mine, back in 82-83 and a few years after Dianas arms were found in the dumpster in the downtown area by the train tracks.  Off of Perry AVe area, near 6th street in Tucson.  If you have found anything out new let me know, thank you.


#37    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • Joined:31 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:twilight zone's outer limits

  • Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

View Postregi, on 09 September 2012 - 02:00 PM, said:


What happened to that case? It was all over the news, and it went off the radar. It came and went, like most such stories did. It was one of the most confounding multiple murderer mysteries.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#38    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • Joined:31 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:twilight zone's outer limits

  • Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

View PostEllJay, on 16 November 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills is quite known though, but as it is right now, unsolved.
The trial of the West Memphis Three was a kangaroo-court that costed them many years.
Watch Paradise Lost.

There were six victims in that case. Three were murdered by the marsupial prosecutors.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#39    hauntedinsc

hauntedinsc

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined:16 May 2013

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Morbidly interesting


#40    regi

regi

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,462 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 15 May 2013 - 02:48 AM, said:

What happened to that case?

Last I checked- which was about a year ago- authorities weren't agreeing on whether there's only one, or if there's more than one serial killer.
The first extremely difficult aspect of the case is that the victims were considered high risk, and the second is that there's bodies (the older cases) that have yet to be identified.

Edited by regi, 17 May 2013 - 02:12 PM.


#41    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostH.H. Holmes, on 13 November 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

Sorry for the delayed update to this thread.

I added a few more unknown serial killings to the map, including two "Jack the Ripper"s one from Atlanta and the other from New York who were active in the 1910's, both were much different in their choice of victims.

The "Atlanta Ripper" case is very interesting and shares many similarities to both the original Jack the Ripper crimes (mutilation of sexual organs and no apparent sexual assault) and to a string of over 40 axe murders of mulatto women that occurred during the same time period (the 20 victims of the Atlanta killer were all mulatto, also both cases went unsolved). It is safe to assume that this was not the work of the original ripper who, for some reason, moved to Atlanta, since the time frame would be extreme and the only witness report described a well dressed black man. However, the string of axe murders is interesting to consider with the similarities in victim type and the close (perhaps overlapping) time frame between the two murders. I will add an entry on the Axe Murders once I get to it's place in the book and I will try to search the internet for other information. There was also the New Orleans Axeman who was also active earlier in the century, although most of his victims were white couples.  

I am trying to be more descriptive without taking too much from the book. I hope my new entries shed a little more light on each case more thoroughly.

To the question about editing the map: As far as I am aware the map in set to "public" access, so there shouldn't be any trouble adding your own entries. I'll double check to make sure it is open to the public, but I am almost positive it has been set to allow anyone to edit it.

You might want to check out the Ripper style murders that happened in Austin, Texas in the early 1900s...
http://en.wikipedia....irl_Annihilator

  • Mollie Smith, 25, was murdered the night of 30 December 1884. Walter Spencer was seriously injured.[1]
  • Clara Strand and Christine Martenson, two Swedish servant girls, were seriously wounded the night of 19 March 1885.[1]
  • Eliza Shelly was murdered the night of 6 May 1885.[1]
  • Irene Cross bled to death after being attacked by a man with a knife on the night of 22 May 1885.[1]
  • Clara Dick was seriously injured in August, 1885.[1]
  • Mary Ramey, 11, was murdered the night of 30 August 1885. Her mother, Rebecca Ramey was seriously injured.[1]
  • Gracie Vance, was murdered on the night of 28 September 1885. Orange Washington was also killed during the attack upon Vance. Lucinda Boddy and Patsey Gibson were seriously injured.[1]
  • Susan Hancock was murdered the night of 24 December 1885[1]
  • Eula Phillips was murdered the night of 24 December 1885. Her husband, James Phillips, was seriously injured.[

Maybe I can add this to the Google map....


#42    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • Joined:31 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:twilight zone's outer limits

  • Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

View Postregi, on 17 May 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Last I checked- which was about a year ago- authorities weren't agreeing on whether there's only one, or if there's more than one serial killer.
The first extremely difficult aspect of the case is that the victims were considered high risk, and the second is that there's bodies (the older cases) that have yet to be identified.

Some experts claimed that the close proximity of some of the corpses was just a mere coincidence. They made it seem like both mass killers and mob hit-men used the same small stretch for dumping and hiding the bodies of their victims. In my opinion, that's possible but not probable. It sounds like something from a movie where two killers bury corpses at the same time in the same place, although they don't even know each other.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#43    regi

regi

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,462 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 18 May 2013 - 02:42 AM, said:

Some experts claimed that the close proximity of some of the corpses was just a mere coincidence. They made it seem like both mass killers and mob hit-men used the same small stretch for dumping and hiding the bodies of their victims. In my opinion, that's possible but not probable.

It's a complex case, that's for sure!
One thing's apparent... all of the discovery sites are in a large, very remote area, and for the perp/perps, it's clear that it's been an ideal dumping ground for well over a decade from the discovery of the last known victim.

There can be no doubt that the most recent four victims (all discovered along Gilgo Beach, all wrapped in the same burlap sacks) were of the same perp.  One victim was missing in '07, one in '09, and two in 2010.
From there, it gets complicated in determining whether or not it's one perp for ALL the victims discovered because some of the older remains were matched to remains discovered in Manorville, Long Island (about 40 miles away) in 2003. That victim was identified. Also, remains discovered on Fire Island in '96 matched remains more recently discovered in Gilgo Beach.

As I recall, those last four known victims were discovered by happenstance, in that what led to those discoveries began with the search of another missing person (whose body wasn't found until some time later in another location in Long Island).
Experts disagree about whether or not that victim was of the same perp as the most recent four. I don't believe she was (to start with, I don't think she was murdered, but there's a lot of circumstances surrounding just that one case.)

The L.I. Serialkiller case enlightened me as to the technique of geographic profiling and how it can be helpful to an investigation. The case offers a lot of info. to go on in that regard because there's multiple victims, there's an established dump site, and since several of the victims were identified, it could be determined when and where they were last known to be, and those things helped to establish a pattern of behavior from the perp.

I want to clarify that- if I'm recalling correctly- there were a total of 9 victims (and/or remains of 9 victims) eventually discovered on Gilgo Beach, and only five of those victims have been identified.

Edited by regi, 18 May 2013 - 03:34 PM.


#44    darkmoonlady

darkmoonlady

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2003
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Medford Oregon

  • Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'-Shawshank Redemption/Life is a buffet and most poor suckers are starving to death-Auntie Mame

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Makes you wonder if the Servant Girl Annihilator is also H.H. Holmes, I wonder if anyone has studied his whereabouts at the times of the murders. He's also thought to be a possible suspect in the Jack the Ripper killings.

“The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance …or change... logic can be happily tossed out the window. Religious mania is one of the few infallible ways of responding to the worlds vagaries, because it totally eliminates pure accident. To the true religious maniac, it’s ALL on purpose” – Stephen King, The Stand

#45    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,516 posts
  • Joined:31 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:twilight zone's outer limits

  • Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

View Postregi, on 18 May 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

It's a complex case, that's for sure!
One thing's apparent... all of the discovery sites are in a large, very remote area, and for the perp/perps, it's clear that it's been an ideal dumping ground for well over a decade from the discovery of the last known victim.

There can be no doubt that the most recent four victims (all discovered along Gilgo Beach, all wrapped in the same burlap sacks) were of the same perp.  One victim was missing in '07, one in '09, and two in 2010.
From there, it gets complicated in determining whether or not it's one perp for ALL the victims discovered because some of the older remains were matched to remains discovered in Manorville, Long Island (about 40 miles away) in 2003. That victim was identified. Also, remains discovered on Fire Island in '96 matched remains more recently discovered in Gilgo Beach.

As I recall, those last four known victims were discovered by happenstance, in that what led to those discoveries began with the search of another missing person (whose body wasn't found until some time later in another location in Long Island).
Experts disagree about whether or not that victim was of the same perp as the most recent four. I don't believe she was (to start with, I don't think she was murdered, but there's a lot of circumstances surrounding just that one case.)

The L.I. Serialkiller case enlightened me as to the technique of geographic profiling and how it can be helpful to an investigation. The case offers a lot of info. to go on in that regard because there's multiple victims, there's an established dump site, and since several of the victims were identified, it could be determined when and where they were last known to be, and those things helped to establish a pattern of behavior from the perp.

I want to clarify that- if I'm recalling correctly- there were a total of 9 victims (and/or remains of 9 victims) eventually discovered on Gilgo Beach, and only five of those victims have been identified.

Let's pretend that there's just one perpetrator. It could be that the person changed their older dumping grounds to a newer dumping ground, which seemed like a safer place for hiding victims. The investigators probably looked at a radius that included all of these locations. Perhaps the perp' moved closer to the newer dumping ground. Maybe the move can be matched to the change in dumping grounds. It's a shot in the dark in a cave. It might be worth checking and charting such movements, though. It might narrow the field of suspects.

There is one reality with billions of versions.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users