Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

See Cats That Aren't There

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16    Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Duff

• 4,672 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 11:58 AM

I only ever see odd things when I turn my head quickly or turn quickly.

Odd.

Forum Boy

#17    Laze

Laze

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

• I rather die on my feet
    than live on my knees

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:11 PM

I know what you mean Iv turned seen girls and babies walk around my room then when I look back their gone. Iv even seen a man hanging from my bed but at that time I didnt look away. He turned and looked at me. Ii couldnt take it I closed my eyes. when I opened them he was gone

The Reaper
Band
On Days End

#18    Laze

Laze

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

• I rather die on my feet
    than live on my knees

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:14 PM

I still remember the blood going down the black suit and the petals floating from his pale white carcass

The Reaper
Band
On Days End

#19    Mary T

Mary T

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:14 AM

Hi All,

I'm new... stumbled upon this site when I searched for "hearing voices before falling asleep" and found the thread about knocking noises, voices, etc. right before falling asleep -- glad I'm not the only one  wink2.gif

However, there's another search that I've been doing and haven't come up with anything yet.  It's about seeing a cat(s) out of the *corner of your eye* when there is not one there.

I've been told that this can be a psychologic problem, but was wondering if perhaps since cats are associated with magic, etc., if there is any folklore out there about seeing cats that aren't really there.

I would love to hear any and all thoughts!

cat.gif

#20    Mary T

Mary T

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:21 AM

Hi All,

I'm new... stumbled upon this site when I searched for "hearing voices before falling asleep" and found the thread about knocking noises, voices, etc. right before falling asleep -- glad I'm not the only one  wink2.gif

However, there's another search that I've been doing and haven't come up with anything yet.  It's about seeing a cat(s) out of the *corner of your eye* when there is not one there.

I've been told that this can be a psychologic problem, but was wondering if perhaps since cats are associated with magic, etc., if there is any folklore out there about seeing cats that aren't really there.

I would love to hear any and all thoughts!

cat.gif

If you are still on this site, I would like to chat with you. I have been followed by imaginary cats for several years, the latest incident was so real I almost fell from my chair. I glanced from the corner of my ege and saw this light colored cat looking straight at me. There were three people in my kitchen and no one else saw it.  I felt its presence before I saw it but, when I turned my head, it disappeared.

I have searched everywhere for answers but no one seems to have ever experienced this. Therefore, when I saw your message it was validity that this do exist, but what is it?

Please reply.

#21    DarkSideOfTheMoon

DarkSideOfTheMoon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:35 PM

Its called an acid flashback  wacko.gif

Look and Ye shall Find

#22    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

• *wonders what happens if you cook Mamee Noodles*

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:18 AM

happens all the time. sometimes when i move my head quickly. sometimes when its stationary. they just seem to float down my eyes, but i cant focus on them.

Yeah, I have those.. I often make the mistake of trying to catch them, and running into things....

I dunno, is this cat-lover sick? I've been awful for the past few days, and I was hallucinating one night.

Posted Image

Read my story, Mindless Indulgence
Also read Replaceable

#23    Kesenai Tsumi

Kesenai Tsumi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

• K-T. Call me K-T.

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:32 PM

My best friend claims to see ghosts of cats. Even claims to see her old cat that died 3 years ago...

Astra non mentiuntur, sed astrologi bene mentiuntur de astris.

#24    Phyltre

Phyltre

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:39 PM

happens all the time. sometimes when i move my head quickly. sometimes when its stationary. they just seem to float down my eyes, but i cant focus on them.

It's called a "floater."  It's an artifact between your inner eye and cornea.  Always with you, very tiny.

#25    jobot37

jobot37

Sheena is a punk rocker now...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

• Soy el Ahijado, el Magico

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:24 AM

I had a peroid when I would often see something long and white disappear behind a chair or around a corner when I turned around quickly, I thought it looked a little like a tail or something, but not really cat-like.  Anywho, I see them pretty rarely anymore, so either it was my eyes playing tricks on me, they got tired of following me, or they just got more stealthy than before  ph34r.gif

Posted Image

I come from an honorable race of gypsies, warriors, and thieves.

#26    Virtual Particle

Virtual Particle

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

• c^2= (d/t)^2 = d^2/t^2 = (d^2) x (1/t^2)...Time is squared

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:32 AM

I have never heard of mystical events in which a person had the experiences your friend described.

However, as you have stated your friend cares for cats substantially.

So one potential explanation is that your friend is organizing his or her visual experiences, in relation to what he or she can see, out of the corner of his or her eye's, in such a way that cats are something he or she sees consistently, despite the fact they are not there (this behavior is akin to looking at a cloud and finding a pattern similar to and object.  

Any thoughts?

Time is a form of communication
Consciousness transcends all states
that can be perceived as matter
Matter communicates its existence
to consciousness through time        
Man is infinite
God is more
Black Hole Creates Spectacular Light Show

#27    IhartU

IhartU

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:49 PM

I have never seen a 'ghost cat' but my cousin has. She was staying with me one time and I heard her yell from the bedroom. I ran in and she was freakin out. She told me that she saw a white cat in the room. The cat I had at the time was dark grey and was in the livingroom sleeping. hmm.gif I believe that she saw something. This was the same room where my daughter saw red eyes in her toybox. w00t.gif

#28    raistlan316

raistlan316

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:15 PM

Actually I have heard of this before.   At another website (I can't remember which one), this same topic was being discussed.   Apparently, many people see this small spectre out of the corner of their eye.  The people that claim to see them, definitely describe forms that are more than just "floaters".  They always describe them as dark, moving, and either in the shape of a cat or a more "impish" creature.  Whether this is supernatural or psychological, I will not speculate....... unsure.gif

#29    yadava

yadava

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:15 PM

is there anyone ever saw ghost-rats.... grin2.gif

ok..back to the question..there is one possible explanation to this, that is a wierd story about shadow-people..it is said that they play tricks on us by suddenly appering in the walls as shadow, they can manifest themselves into any kind of things and also as a cat if they want.. no.gif

but as u guys know this is maybe just a folklore.. hmm.gif

#30    Ned Tunacao

Ned Tunacao

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 137 posts

• An Old Irish Phrase Says: If you expect a kick in the nuts and get a punch in the mouth, you should consider yourself lucky.

Posted 24 January 2006 - 11:04 PM

Oh, I see cats at the corner of my eyes all the time.  I have three of them (one being black, I'm a Lucky Irishman) and one time they were at the vet and could not possibly be in the house, I seemed like I saw one out of the corner of your eyes.  It's just a defensive mechanism that help's ya keep alert.  Don't push a bunch of pseudo-intelligence bulls*** on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users