Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Time travel

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#151    Blood_Sacrifice

Blood_Sacrifice

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

View Postjaffa, on 09 January 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

I'm sure a government scientist has already created the solution to time travel and is tweeking it as we speak.   Its just top secret.....for now.

What's with this government conspiracy fetish with people? Did it start with the X Files or goes way beyond that?

"I'm not afraid of dying, just of not achieving very much before I do." - Emma_Acid

#152    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,685 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostBlood_Sacrifice, on 11 January 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

What's with this government conspiracy fetish with people? Did it start with the X Files or goes way beyond that?
Seriously!  The Government does only one thing...screws up anything it touches... :tu:

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#153    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,548 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

View Postjoc, on 11 January 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

Seriously!  The Government does only one thing...screws up anything it touches... :tu:

I have to agree...and I seriously doubt the government can keep a secret either.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#154    wimfloppp

wimfloppp

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

time travel is not posible, if it was somebody would already have come back from the future.

#155    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 3,684 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

wimfloppp said:

time travel is not posible, if it was somebody would already have come back from the future.

True, but only if the future exists. If we haven't noticed anyone from the future visiting us, either the future does not exist, or time travel is impossible. Or, maybe time travelers are sneaky or unobservable. Or maybe they do exist and are changing our time line constantly to satisfy some motive they have for doing so.

If they change our present to change their future, we wouldn't notice it, would we?

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#156    harrygrant

harrygrant

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

This still is unbelievable, maybe those objects was on their visions that might happen to the future. There's still no evidence that time travelling can happen, even science itself cannot explain it (i think it's only in the anime).

#157    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 14 January 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

True, but only if the future exists. If we haven't noticed anyone from the future visiting us, either the future does not exist, or time travel is impossible. Or, maybe time travelers are sneaky or unobservable. Or maybe they do exist and are changing our time line constantly to satisfy some motive they have for doing so.

If they change our present to change their future, we wouldn't notice it, would we?

Assuming time travel can be worked out, then I think it very likely that travelers could have come back in time. They could be the UFO's that people are seeing and blown off by many as all sorts of things. There wouldn't be a problem with seeing them because they are a part of our culture. Now a person from the future, unless they were carrying super advanced technology would simply be a person in dire need of medication and locking away. Just another loony in the bin isn't going to make any difference because......who's gonna believe him?

#158    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostBlood_Sacrifice, on 11 January 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Are you serious? Conspiracies have been around since the dawn of time. There's already a bunch who've claimed the Sandy Hook shootings didn't happen. We've had to deal with the "911 truthers"....since 9/11/01. People still believe anyone but Oswald shot JFK.

It's a real fetish with some people.

#159    Blood_Sacrifice

Blood_Sacrifice

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

I am pretty sure the government has got enough - and better! - jobs to do in their life to do already to actually get the time and patience to hide some alien conspiracy. I mean, even if they do deal with conspiracy (which I am pretty sure they do), it must be something related to politics, economics, finance, social life etc. Who in their right mind would spend time behind taking secret part in alien conspiracy?

"I'm not afraid of dying, just of not achieving very much before I do." - Emma_Acid

#160    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

I know theoretically we time travel to the future is possible,but if we could go to the past i would want to go to many different places in medieval europe through the renaissance.In more modern times New York during the roaring 20's into prohibition though i would probably cause to much mischief lol

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users