Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Those Wacky Peace Lovers

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...rned-by-muslim/

ONE man made an ACCUSATION.  And all this followed.  Can someone explain such a mindset to me?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#2    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

View Postand then, on 10 March 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

http://www.foxnews.c...rned-by-muslim/

ONE man made an ACCUSATION.  And all this followed.  Can someone explain such a mindset to me?

Sure, it's called the human condition. It can be found in humans all over the World, from all walks of life.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

So someone was accused of making a negative remark about Mohammed and burning Christian homes was their response.  Life in prison or the death penalty for offending Mohammed but will anything happen to the people that burnt the houses.

From the article.

According to Human Rights Watch, there are at least 16 people on death row in Pakistan for blasphemy and another 20 are serving life sentences.

#4    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,800 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

*Sits back to wait for 'moderate' Muslims around the world to condemn the actions of the 'few' extremists* (I think I'd better order sandwiches and coffee!)

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,303 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

I love the bit where it started because they were both out on the sauce and got into a barney.
Isn't alcohol something forbidden under Islam? Obviously a devout man who made the accusations.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#6    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

View Postealdwita, on 10 March 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

*Sits back to wait for 'moderate' Muslims around the world to condemn the actions of the 'few' extremists* (I think I'd better order sandwiches and coffee!)

Why do you think they should have to? Why has this qualifier been given to Muslims? Were 'moderate' Catholics required to condemn the actions of the IRA? Of course they weren't, it's ridiculous to even ask such a thing. It'd be akin to asking all men to apologise or openly condemn a rapist or rape. It needs no open condemnation, for it is so obviously wrong, and no one, except those responsible for any crime, should have to apologise for the actions of others.

'Few' and 'moderate' were put in quotations. Why? Are you implying that there are no moderate Muslims, or that most Muslims are extremists?

#7    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 10 March 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

Why do you think they should have to? Why has this qualifier been given to Muslims? Were 'moderate' Catholics required to condemn the actions of the IRA? Of course they weren't, it's ridiculous to even ask such a thing. It'd be akin to asking all men to apologise or openly condemn a rapist or rape. It needs no open condemnation, for it is so obviously wrong, and no one, except those responsible for any crime, should have to apologise for the actions of others.

'Few' and 'moderate' were put in quotations. Why? Are you implying that there are no moderate Muslims, or that most Muslims are extremists?
You are welcome to believe anything you like Ex.  But if you think what these people did is reasonable or that comparing it to bad behavior by others in the past somehow absolves them then I think less of you as a reasonable, rational person.  And I'm not accusing any GROUP... except the actual perpetrators of this crime.

#8    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,440 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:11 AM

Do the moderate Christians condemn violent acts every time some wacko claims that Jesus made them do it?  No of course not, because that would imply an association of guilt.   So you never hear of such a thing.  But when Muslims are concerned, the media has actually fooled some of us to believe that for them, doing this is a requirement.    It's a common complaint among non-Muslims and yet condemnations are everywhere, they're just ignored by the media so people stay ignorant and keep asking for what they keep ignoring.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#9    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,624 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostYamato, on 11 March 2013 - 04:11 AM, said:

Do the moderate Christians condemn violent acts every time some wacko claims that Jesus made them do it?  No of course not, because that would imply an association of guilt.   So you never hear of such a thing.  But when Muslims are concerned, the media has actually fooled some of us to believe that for them, doing this is a requirement. It's a common complaint among non-Muslims and yet condemnations are everywhere, they're just ignored by the media so people stay ignorant and keep asking for what they keep ignoring.
Actually they do condemn actions against muslims:

http://www.catholich...ing-in-florida/

http://www.ucanews.c...n-burning/49044

http://www.telegraph...demns-plan.html

And those were just for the burning of a book ..

For attacks on both sides ...

"In a special, English-language prayer at the end of the service, John Paul urged both Christians and Muslims to pray for a world where there is "no room for hatred, discrimination or violence." "
http://www.cephas-li...tober_2001.html

The internet is also filled with reams of reports of Muslim organisations that roundly condemned the actions of 911 along with subsequent attacks on christians in the middle east and burning of churches et al.

I think the moderate majority can do more and regularly to drown out the voices of the minority of sick and twisted that infest each faith and they should all continue their battles against the radicals in their own faiths - the moderate majorities own freedoms are what are ultimately at stake here.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#10    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,440 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 11 March 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

Actually they do condemn actions against muslims:

http://www.catholich...ing-in-florida/

http://www.ucanews.c...n-burning/49044

http://www.telegraph...demns-plan.html

And those were just for the burning of a book ..

For attacks on both sides ...

"In a special, English-language prayer at the end of the service, John Paul urged both Christians and Muslims to pray for a world where there is "no room for hatred, discrimination or violence." "
http://www.cephas-li...tober_2001.html

The internet is also filled with reams of reports of Muslim organisations that roundly condemned the actions of 911 along with subsequent attacks on christians in the middle east and burning of churches et al.

I think the moderate majority can do more and regularly to drown out the voices of the minority of sick and twisted that infest each faith and they should all continue their battles against the radicals in their own faiths - the moderate majorities own freedoms are what are ultimately at stake here.
Again, the condemnations are everywhere.  Even calling them moderate implies they're on the same spectrum of belief.  How about every time an Australian person freaks out, I hear more condemnations from Australians?   How about every time a white person goes on a rampage, I hear some apologies from the Whites?   We can play that PC game all day and what it does is justify some violence while applying a stricter standard to the violence we don't politically agree with.  Bugger that.   Let's condemn ALL VIOLENCE without dividing it up into groups first before deciding how to treat it.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#11    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,624 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:12 AM

View PostYamato, on 11 March 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

Again, the condemnations are everywhere.  Even calling them moderate implies they're on the same spectrum of belief.  How about every time an Australian person freaks out, I hear more condemnations from Australians?   How about every time a white person goes on a rampage, I hear some apologies from the Whites?   We can play that PC game all day and what it does is justify some violence while applying a stricter standard to the violence we don't politically agree with.  Bugger that.   Let's condemn ALL VIOLENCE without dividing it up into groups first before deciding how to treat it.
What makes you think the moderate majority doesn't do that?  If most people did not condemn all violence we would not have made it to the 21st century with all the laws against assault and violence that we have incepted and agreed to uphold because they protect ALL citizens equally. None of these laws prejudice particular groups - at least not in the western world and where they are upheld aka: not condemned by the U.N. they are deemed to be fairly applied in much of the eastern and middle-eastern world also.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

#12    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,737 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

Hmmm... I'm probably going to be slammed for this, but I consider ANY extremist Muslim that specifically promotes, advocates or otherwise enforces Sharia law on others to be a "terrorist", or at the VERY least barbaric.

<<Pallidin now put's on flak jacket>>

#13    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,624 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

View Postpallidin, on 11 March 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

Hmmm... I'm probably going to be slammed for this, but I consider ANY extremist Muslim that specifically promotes, advocates or otherwise enforces Sharia law on others to be a "terrorist", or at the VERY least barbaric.

<<Pallidin now put's on flak jacket>>
I agree with barbaric, and terrorist like when they impose them on those of differing beliefs.

#14    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 6,737 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

Indeed, for example, their attitude and treatment of women is beyond my comprehension or my idea of common sense, IMHO.

That really, really bugs me.

EDIT: Every human has come from a woman. EVERYONE!!! Should that not be highly respected?

End of rant...

Edited by pallidin, 11 March 2013 - 06:19 AM.

#15    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

It may be a small point to some but I keep coming back to the truth that the so called extremists are the only one's in the faith that are actually following the path of Muhammad.  His words, and those attributed to him prove this.  They are not bounded by time or situation as the O.T. admonitions are... they are as valid to today's Muslim as they were when he recited them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users