Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strategy of Tension

OverSword

You just gotta love false flags.

From the wikipedia article:

The strategy of tension (Italian: strategia della tensione) is a tactic that aims to divide, manipulate, and control public opinion using fear, propaganda, disinformation, psychological warfare, agents provocateurs, and false flag terrorist actions.[1]

The theory began with allegations that the United States government and the Greek military junta of 1967–1974 supported far-right terrorist groups in Italy and Turkey, where communism was growing in popularity, to spread panic among the population who would in turn demand stronger and more dictatorial governments

The term "strategy of tension" recurred during the trials that followed in the 1970s and 1980s Years of Lead ( "anni di piombo"), during which terror attacks and assassinations were committed by apparently neofascist terrorists (with such names as Ordine Nuovo, Avanguardia Nazionale or Fronte Nazionale).

It was primarily members and international supporters of the Italian Communist Party who invented and popularized the term "strategy of tension". They meant to draw attention to the crimes of the Italian Right and Far-Right parties who were allegedly supported by the foreign belligerents.[citation needed]

Much attention has been on Operation Gladio, Italy's branch of the secret pre-positioned NATO "stay-behind" armies of Western Europe. These armies were set up to perform resistance, partisan, and guerrilla activities in the event of Soviet invasion; equivalent units were set up by other NATO members in their states. It is claimed that Gladio units were engaged in destabilization at the behest of the United States and other Western governments, intelligence agencies (e.g., the CIA), the P2 masonic lodge, the Order of the Solar Temple, various Church-related organizations, and domestic influences such as organized crime.[citation needed] The claims are backed by judicial proof which establish that European fascist dictatorships of the time (the Greek junta and the secret services of Francisco Franco) were heavily involved in supporting and arming Italian neo-fascist and neo-nazi groups such as Ordine Nuovo and Avanguardia Nazionale.[citation needed] For instance, Avanguardia Nazionale hitman Pierluigi Concutelli used an Ingram MAC-10 SMG to assassinate magistrate Vittorio Occorsio in the 1970s. It has been proven that Avanguardia Nazionale secured the weapon from the CIA via Franchist Spain.[citation needed] General Gianadelio Maletti, comannder of the counter-intelligence section of the Italian military intelligence service from 1971 to 1975, stated that his men in the region of Venice discovered a rightwing terrorist cell that was supplied military explosives from Germany, and he alleged that US intelligence services instigated and abetted rightwing terrorism in Italy during the 1970s.[2]

Carlo Digilio, an Italian neofascist codenamed "Uncle Otto" coordinated CIA activities in the Italian Regions of Veneto and Friuli from the 1960s to the 1970s, recruiting former fascists to serve the NATO and U.S. interests in Italy. He himself had been recruited in Verona by U.S. Navy captain David Carrett.

These groups began to pursue[citation needed] an ostensibly extreme right-wing anti-communist agenda using violent means, including false flag bombings that were then blamed on extra-parliamentary left-wing militant organizations, to discredit the political Left in general at a time in Italy when the Italian Communist Party was very close to entering government. It should be noted that the actions carried out by these extreme groups were meant primarily to agitate and control public opinion, creating fears about the Communist Party. At the time, they created massive public concern and widespread paranoia. According to the "strategia della tensione" theory, this was deliberate. Examples of such actions include the 1972 Peteano bombing, long thought to have been carried out by the Red Brigades, but for which the neofascist terrorist Vincenzo Vinciguerra has been imprisoned, the attempted assassination of former Interior Minister Mariano Rumor on 17 May 1973 or the Bologna railway station bombing known as the Bologna massacre of 1980.[citation needed]

The Guardian (UK), in an article published on June 24, 2000, reported that the parliamentarians of the Left Democrats, wrote a report to a subcommittee of the Italian Parliament about what they viewed as United States support for 'anti-left terror in Italy', and the activities of Gladio.[3] The report by the Left Democrats claimed that the aim of this alleged support for Gladio was to make the public think that the bombings were committed by a communist insurgency, to promote the formation of an authoritarian government, and to prevent the Italian Communist Party (PCI) from joining the ruling Democrazia Cristiana (DC) in a national unity government (the "Historic Compromise" between Aldo Moro and Enrico Berlinguer, respective leaders of the DC and of the PCI).[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategy_of_tension

• Like 4

Exactly , the stategic war is a psychological one when in need of controlling the public, what better way than messing with their minds.

This is becomeing more evident to people that see it , it's evident of course to those that are doing it deviously.

I think this topic is really important for everyone to become aware of in how things work.

"Subversion "

• Like 3

It's very uncomfortable for most people to realize they've been duped for most of thier lives. They will deny with ferocity.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 4

They've been hoodwinked, and they don't even know it It's wild to stragtegically see just how things are

• Like 2

It's very uncomfortable for most people to realize they've been duped for most of thier lives. They will deny with ferocity.

BINGO!!!

• Like 2

What's amazing to me is the amount of times it's been documented the CIA has participated in false flag operations in other countries and yet everyone thinks they don't do it in the USA as well.

I think they've found a formula that works for them and they'll stick with it as long as it does.

• Like 4

BTW. if you click the link to the wikipedia article its much longer than what I pasted here for those interested.

• Like 2

I've always found all this fasinating , strangley as it may be. I think because , the fact that there are and have always been methodical dark manipulative people that have pretty much formed an aliance of think tanks which continue to plot to keep themselves remaining on the very top of society globaly, as we know it ,this is their number one priority , concern.

I often wonder if population realizes or even gives thought of questioning whether or not the 1% are willing to do anyting to remain in their high status of luxury , how far would they go and what are they capable of. .One would like to think that we all get it by now ,but no, not even with personal testitomies of spies and others who have been experimented on .

link has an interesting article about Haarp . I don't appreciate what some are doing to Nature . I can't believe that we've come to this .Science as wonderful as it may be , is the cause of all going on right now , it's being misused. These scientist manipulating nature are horrible ,they shouldn't be doing this .I wonder where that money trail leads.

http://www.haarp.net/

I want to get that book : Angels Don't Play This Haarp.

• Like 1