Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Drunk teen killed

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#46    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,325 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostMichelle, on 18 March 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

I'm definitely no hunter, but I do like to survive a camping trip where bears and boar are a real danger.
Hmmm, maybe you should research where you want to go camping.
I am sure the bear or boar would equally like to survive, especially that it is THEIR home.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#47    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 18 March 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

Assuming you've been taught self-defence techniques, you'd be able to disarm the gunman and hold him at gunpoint, at which point you order the attacker onto the ground and call the police, thus arresting the one committing the offence.

So, no thanks. I believe it cowardly to hide behind the barrel of a gun. I'd much rather use my fists.

I have trained in combat sports since i was 9 years old,every trainer tells you be careful who you use this on because you are not faster than a gun.If someone is 5 or 10 yards away from you holding a loaded gun sorry but you are not superman dude one step foward can get your ass blown away.Not trying to be a ******* but some of the things you are saying are just foolish!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#48    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

Death is not what he deserved for drinking. It was foolish of him to drink in the first place, but saying that is like saying every such crime should be dealt with using the death penalty.

Your absolutely right. But unfortunately this country is hypersensitive to these things right now and this is an unfortunate result of the hyperbole being thrown at us ever since Sandy Hook occured. I am certain the homeowner has a great feeling of remorse over this event as well. If you want to find the real cause for this event then let us return to the MSM and Govmnt invasion and destruction of the BOR that has most of this country on edge. Left Right and Middle.

#49    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,391 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Assuming you've been taught self-defence techniques, you'd be able to disarm the gunman and hold him at gunpoint, at which point you order the attacker onto the ground and call the police, thus arresting the one committing the offence.

So, no thanks. I believe it cowardly to hide behind the barrel of a gun. I'd much rather use my fists.

View PostInsaniac, on 18 March 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

If the bear has a tight grip on you, I don't know what could be done. However, if you have a chance to leave, my suggestion is leave nature be. Saves your life and the bears.

Everybody sing now...

Macho, macho man
I've got to be, a macho man
Macho, macho man (yeah, yeah)
I've got to be a macho!

You can't outrun a bear, especially when it wanders into you camp site in the middle of the night while you are asleep.

#50    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,043 posts

LMAO.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#51    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

View Postaztek, on 18 March 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

you have no idea what happened inside the house, NONE, so it is actually YOU who "shoots first and asks question later", figuratively speaking.
and i'm pretty sure you would react the same way if real,(what you thought) threat was upon you.

Not at all, because we keep our windows and doors locked. I'd make sure that there is a real threat.

If you think this way, I guess the soldier should've shot me first and asked questions later when I was roofied and don't even recall any of the events that happened when drugged mind mistook his house for my own. I was told what happened, and believe me it made me never drink around so called friends or strangers again. Of course, I made amends for what I did and he understood that it wasn't my fault.
I was lucky that he knew how and WHEN to use a gun.

Edited by AliveInDeath7, 18 March 2013 - 07:05 PM.

#52    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,960 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostInsaniac, on 18 March 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

If the bear has a tight grip on you,

you are dead or maimed big time. real world proves you have no clue what you talking about, with your "i know it all batter mentality". lol, i hope no one is dumb enough to actually take your advice.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#53    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,960 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostAliveInDeath7, on 18 March 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

Not at all, because we keep our windows and doors locked. I'd make sure that there is a real threat.

yea, sure, lmao.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#54    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,391 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 18 March 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Hmmm, maybe you should research where you want to go camping.
I am sure the bear or boar would equally like to survive, especially that it is THEIR home.

What!?!? I can't even get out and enjoy nature anymore? There are very few good camping spots that don't have a healthy bear population. I suppose that means I should not be scuba diving or swimming in the ocean because I'm in shark's territory.

#55    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,325 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 18 March 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

I have trained in combat sports since i was 9 years old,every trainer tells you be careful who you use this on because you are not faster than a gun.If someone is 5 or 10 yards away from you holding a loaded gun sorry but you are not superman dude one step foward can get your ass blown away.Not trying to be a ******* but some of the things you are saying are just foolish!
I understand what you are saying, but this lad was NOT armed.
Is it part of the gun training practice to shoot with out evaluating whether the other guy is armed first?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#56    Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

• "Anti-Americanism is a pure totalitarian concept. The very notion is idiotic."

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostAliveInDeath7, on 18 March 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

I'm sorry, Bavarian Raven, but that is an absolutely stupid way to look at it.
It's easy to mistake a house when you are drunk or perhaps have been roofied. In all truth, he didn't know what he was doing. He thought he was at his house and paid for that mistake.
I am a proud gun owner and I know that you should at least see if there is a threat involved before blowing someone's head off. It could've been a curious child.. imagine how that would be.

Edited to add: Death is not what he deserved for drinking. It was foolish of him to drink in the first place, but saying that is like saying every such crime should be dealt with using the death penalty.
Even I agree that death is not what he deserved. However, I would assume this homeowner is far from a mind reader and most likely doesn't possess night vision. Meaning within this split second of a decision, it was either his and whoever else's safety, or a total risk to their lives. Most everyday people would rather stray from fatal jeopardy but maybe that's just me?

Undated letter from J.F.K. said:

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten."

#57    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 18 March 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

I understand what you are saying, but this lad was NOT armed.
Is it part of the gun training practice to shoot with out evaluating whether the other guy is armed first?

I was not there i do not know if it was 3 a.m. and the guy broke the window or just pushed it up.I also do not know if the guy asked him anything or if the teen started talking **** i was not there.I agree with identify the target but we have no clue about all the circumstances

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#58    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostCollateral Damage, on 18 March 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Even I agree that death is not what he deserved. However, I would assume this homeowner is far from a mind reader and most likely doesn't possess night vision. Meaning within this split second of a decision, it was either his and whoever else's safety, or a total risk to their lives. Most everyday people would rather stray from fatal jeopardy but maybe that's just me?
Shooting first and asking later, even if to eliminate what may be a threat, is another reason why some people want to take away gun rights.

Edited by AliveInDeath7, 18 March 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#59    Insaniac

Insaniac

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 18 March 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

I agree. I was imagining the scenario at point blank range, close enough to where you can grab the gun and wrestle it from the attacker, which could also get you shot, but that's the point: Guns are brilliant offensive weapons.

Either I die or he goes to prison. Actually he goes to prison regardless. lol

"There will be many earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from Heaven". - Luke 21:11

"Some reject Science because the most popular scientist's are pseudo know-it-all ignoramus' who believe Science should give the explanation of the un-investigated, rather than an investigation of the unexplained". - Just my own two cents.

#60    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,777 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

The friends should of stayed with him to make sure that he is safe. The friends should of waited and stopped him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users