Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns Targetted at New Generation

questionmark

I don't believe he mentioned taking away any guns, but rather changing a culture. Having guns is fine, it's how guns are viewed and treated is quite another. And American culture seems very gun obsessed. Perhaps is more focus was placed on proper training and shortage instead of worrying about government tyrany and having loaded weapons always within reach would help make the general situation better.

If you like smoke and mirrors games sure thats what he said. He also said Obamacare wasnt a tax. Now it most certainly appears it is. And an unjust one at that. Changing the way guns is fine. People shouldnt be afraid of them unless your breaking into my home. Im all for changing the culture into responsible knowledgable gun owners and minusing the nutters out of existence.

• Like 1

I asked this because I don't understand why you used my quote in a manner implying the following -

1 - "YOU" (meaning the US I assume) is the only place that child on child violence is a problem.

2 - That the use of the "PERIOD" statement means anything other than any child violence is a problem.

I asked valid questions. You seem more intent on emotionally twisting my meanings to elicit a reaction you want than actually replying to my statements or questions.

Nibs

NO! have you not seen any of my other posts on the gangs crimes we have had here in the UK, many are not adults.

Emotionally twisting?? you put something like this : I'm sorry, are you saying that unsupervised children hurting each other is NOT a problem? and you say I AM emotionally twisting it?

bang.gif

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Nibs used the word period to denote end of story, not to denote a span of time. Like if I said that man is an idiot, period. I don't mean he's an idiot for a span of time, but rather he is an idiot, end of story.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Nibs used the word period to denote end of story, not to denote a span of time. Like if I said that man is an idiot, period. I don't mean he's an idiot for a span of time, but rather he is an idiot, end of story.

YES! thank you.

Nibs

Period = Full stop

Edited by HerNibs

I was being flippant, surely you can read between the lines?..............................maybe not.

So do you agree with hunting to kill for sport? cos that was my point and i have no problem with target practice as a sport or clay pigeon shooting or hunting for food, but not to put a trophy up in your living room of some poor old Elk as a keepsake........................you do have Elks there don`t you?

We have all kinds of large game in North Dakota.

And we have people with a lot of different mounts displayed in their homes.

But i guarantee you that every last edible part of that animal was eaten too.

Nothing wrong with keeping the mount as opposed to tossing it aside, Antlers and skull aren't that tasty.

• Like 4

We have all kinds of large game in North Dakota.

And we have people with a lot of different mounts displayed in their homes.

But i guarantee you that every last edible part of that animal was eaten too.

Nothing wrong with keeping the mount as opposed to tossing it aside, Antlers and skull aren't that tasty.

I agree, and have said so numerous times. My husband fishes, although we do not have the fish heads on display, but if he killed a large game then no doubt, he would be putting its head up too. I have no qualms with hunting for food. And i am not an anorak anti animal campaigner.

Are you serious? You can't find something else to do to bond with your son...

They are going to change the culture....it will be a lot of hard work. People don't like to change...even if it's for the best. They are changing the cultures in the Middle East....it's not pretty and it's not easy. You can't change the US culture regarding guns all at once...baby steps.

Seriously? Who are you to tell a Father what he and his son may do together?

And the Middle East is changing? How and What channel are you watching? The place is a cesspool.

Its simple, we have a thing called the 2nd amendment and our Government needs to learn what "Not to be infringed upon" means.

simple as that.

• Like 6

More people are killed by baseball bats than guns every year in the USA, do you feel the need to do the same before you give a kid a ball, bat, and glove?

That doesn't sound true, have you got a source?

As for baseball, the lesson there is the frailty of the brain - multiple concussions can lead to serious problems later on in life.

I believe the past year chicago was one of the top places for gun violence in the world

yes it was. Which is precisely why we need better gun control.

yes it was. Which is precisely why we need better gun control.

Chicagos got the most gun control of anybody. They currently have a comfortable lead in murders. Isn't that the exact opposite of the way your results are supposed to work. Face it ninja, guns are good, mmkay?

• Like 3

Chicagos got the most gun control of anybody.

not by a long shot. And no, guns are not "good".

not by a long shot. And no, guns are not "good".

Since you brought it up could you please post the gun control laws between the three top states. New York, Chicago and California so we can all share on your insight.

1. New Jersey
  2. Massachusetts
  3. New York
  4. Connecticut
  5. Hawaii
  6. Maryland
  7. Rhode Island
  8. Illinois
  9. Pennsylvania
  10. California

These states have the toughest gun laws in the country.

• Like 1

Good.

Frankly, our society would be a much better place if more kids learned and practiced the shooting arts and spent more time afield than sitting on their fat asses playing video games. At one time the Federal Government and our schools encouraged such pursuits.

• Like 2

1. New Jersey
  2. Massachusetts
  3. New York
  4. Connecticut
  5. Hawaii
  6. Maryland
  7. Rhode Island
  8. Illinois
  9. Pennsylvania
  10. California

These states have the toughest gun laws in the country.

I don't think states are the best example because don't cities have seperate laws from the states? It's the cities were the sht goes down. I'm sure Illinois is a fine state but Chicago is murder central. It is the mosr populated areas with lax gun control that are of issue. So does anyone know stats on big cities, their gun laws and the crime stats?

I could only find this vague listing of Chicago gun laws which are definitely strict:

http://Well, first of all, Chicago used to have a ban but then, you know, the Supreme Court back in 2010 issued an opinion that, I believe an incorrect one, but they basically said that you had a First Amendment right (Moore confusing First and Second Amendments) to own a handgun and that the city could not ban handgun or gun ownership. And so, the city went back to the drawing boards and worked up a new ordinance which has been on the books now for two years that allows for, allows you to own a gun but requires you to register it. And it has a, you can register no more than one handgun per month, and you have to obtain a city firearms permit which requires having a valid state of Illinois firearm owner's identification card. And then you must register the gun with the Chicago police department. If you've been convicted of a violent crime, you can't own a handgun or if you've been convicted of two or more offenses for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you can't have a handgun. You can't have a gun if you're convicted of domestic violence, and assault weapons are banned entirely. And if you do are caught with one there's a mandatory jail time for anyone caught with a gun. Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jack-coleman/2013/01/09/chicago-has-plenty-gun-laws-ed-schultz-belatedly-learns#ixzz2JNsqEOmy

Deaths by gun in Chicago were around 500. I imagine a majority were gang related.

• Like 1

Gangs don't bother me so long as they kill eachother but unfortunately they hurt others all the time.

• Like 1

Gangs don't bother me so long as they kill eachother but unfortunately they hurt others all the time.

Gangs account for over 80% of the gun related deaths in this country.

If those stats are being used to push gun control then yes, they do matter.

That means out of the 10,000 deaths a year, gang related deaths are over 8,000 of them.

2,000 gun deaths in a country our size is not that significant when you consider how many of those were in self defense.

And if Illinois has Gun Laws on the books, Chicago is bound by them as a city in Illinois.

8th toughest laws in the nation and First in the nation in gun related homicides.

That says a mouthful right there.

Now please point to which of Obamas EO's specifically went after gang members to reduce the 80% number.

• Like 2

According to the Brady Website, my state of North Dakota ranks a pathetic 47th in the nation on gun laws.

Thats just horrendous, we only got 2 measly points out of 100.

But wait..... according to the FBI website, North Dakota ranks 49th in the nation in Gun related deaths.

How can that be? How can a state where virtually everyone owns a gun and hunts have such a responsible population without gun laws strangling them to death?

This is the same site though that ranks Illinois as one of the top states enforcing gun laws yet they have 79% of all homicides are by gun.

My head is spinning just trying to wrap my mind on how North Dakota with "horrible" gun laws is a safer environment than Illinois with its top rate laws.

And Obama and Feinstein want to make us all Illinois.

Shouldn't we strive to be more like North Dakota and just simply go after the criminals? or is that just too much common sense.

• Like 3

If those stats are being used to push gun control then yes, they do matter.

That means out of the 10,000 deaths a year, gang related deaths are over 8,000 of them.

2,000 gun deaths in a country our size is not that significant when you consider how many of those were in self defense.

And if Illinois has Gun Laws on the books, Chicago is bound by them as a city in Illinois.

8th toughest laws in the nation and First in the nation in gun related homicides.

That says a mouthful right there.

Now please point to which of Obamas EO's specifically went after gang members to reduce the 80% number.

I said the same in another thread...I would have a lot more respect for Obama if he would just once address black on black gang crime.

• Like 1

As a hunter yourself, how does it make you feel when the government want to come down harder on gun owners when you have gangs owning and obviously not respecting their weapons, but only have them to aid in their illegal activity. I ask this because if I were a hunter I would be pretty enraged.

I have said it many a time, I have no problem with people hunting and eating what they catch, thats what good hunters do, but to be put in a position of being questioned about how responsible you are with your gun would annoy me quite a lot when your stats prove that the main problem with guns death are the gangs and the odd nutter.

I think Cap Amerika has just answered my question while I was typing it out!

Which EO was that? Ah...uhmmm...ehhh.... Now that would be racist or profiling to say there's a gang problem. On the other hand, without gangs to inflate the crime stats the argument for gun control would be further nullified, I think. As I see it the progressives need chaos and confusion to justify the need for their policies which never solve the issue anyways but rather get the people just little more wrapped up under their control.

• Like 4

As a hunter yourself, how does it make you feel when the government want to come down harder on gun owners when you have gangs owning and obviously not respecting their weapons, but only have them to aid in their illegal activity. I ask this because if I were a hunter I would be pretty enraged.

I have said it many a time, I have no problem with people hunting and eating what they catch, thats what good hunters do, but to be put in a position of being questioned about how responsible you are with your gun would annoy me quite a lot when your stats prove that the main problem with guns death are the gangs and the odd nutter.

Ma'am, people have been giving you the same reasoning for weeks here. A what about that post made you realize the asinine logic of punishing law abiding citizens for the acts of criminals that you haven't been able to grasp before? It's all been said over and over to ya.

• Like 1

If keeping my guns locked and secure, registering them, etc. keeps ONE gun out of ONE bad guys hands, I don't mind doing it. If it keeps ONE child from harming themselves or anyone else, I don't mind doing it.

No big deal. As a hunter, doing these things don't affect my hunting in the least.

My state is one of those with fewer gun laws.

And we are about 28th in gun violence.

Nibs

• Like 3

Which EO was that? Ah...uhmmm...ehhh.... Now that would be racist or profiling to say there's a gang problem. On the other hand, without gangs to inflate the crime stats the argument for gun control would be further nullified, I think. As I see it the progressives need chaos and confusion to justify the need for their policies which never solve the issue anyways but rather get the people just little more wrapped up under their control.

Exactly.

Its odd that we ignore 8,000 deaths a year at the hands of gangs and criminals yet let 20 kids die at the hands of a mentally handicapped individual and the time to act is NOW!

• Like 2