Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

the first annual UM awards

snuffypuffer

I have an idea, how about we have an annual awards thingamajig? It would, sorta kinda, validate the vast amount of time we all waste on this forum each day. We could have categories, like best moderator, poster of the year, sexiest poster, best thread, member most likely to snap and climb a tower, so on and so forth.

Of course we'd need Saruman's permission, I'm sure this would be an effort to set up. But it would be a lot of fun.

What do you think?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snuffypuffer

• Saru

• AliceCoopersGirl

• Falco Rex

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's a great idea. And I'd like to be in the running for the most arrogant and annoying member. Can't let your title go uncontested.. thumbsup.gif

Fantastic idea Snuffy wub.gif

Think we should,it would be a bit of fun

Cool idea, we could decide on what awards we would have then start a poll for each one so we can vote for the candidates...

Voice of SaRuMaN: Cough, ahem!

...with your permission of course thumbsup.gif

I should be on the run for "Worst English writter of Um" tongue.gif

I think it's a good Idea ! thumbsup.gif

I think that's a great idea. And I'd like to be in the running for the most arrogant and annoying member. Can't let your title go uncontested.. thumbsup.gif

But neither of you are annoying!

(notice I didn't question the arrogant bit)

laugh.gif Sorry Mr. theBarman, I'll have to train harder..*Theme music from Rocky starts playing*

Sounds like an interesting idea, I don't have any objections thumbsup.gif

We will however need someone to organise it, any volunteers ?

I'd like to nominate myself for everything. And to prove how annoying I am, I shall circle the globe and poke everyone in the eye. laugh.gif

Of course, we still have to have SaRuMaN's okay.

Sign me up, although I'm on holiday all next week so you can all think about the awards till I get back thumbsup.gif

I'm up for it, I wouldn't suggest something I wasn't willing to help out in. So, what should the categories be?

I'm up for it, I wouldn't suggest something I wasn't willing to help out in. So, what should the categories be?

Member most likely to become president. huh.gif

Do you need any help Snuff? dontgetit.gif Cause I'll help too. original.gif

sure can thumbsup.gif

What i'll do is add a new subforum for everything to do with this, then we can have as many threads about it as needed, including a thread for category suggestions. I'll get that sorted out in just a moment.

Snuffs,

sounds like a great idea matey, well thought up. thumbsup.gif

Will everyone be able to vote at the "awards ceremony" or will there be a select panel of judges? whistling2.gif

Will everyone be able to vote at the "awards ceremony" or will there be a select panel of judges? whistling2.gif

I think everyone will get a vote. It would be the fairest thing.

I think everyone will get a vote. It would be the fairest thing.

Yeh, your probably right, that does sound the fairest way. wink2.gif

Suggestions for award categories can now be posted Here.

I've moved all the existing suggestion posts over to there.

snuffy, it might be an idea after SaRuMaN sets up a thread to have folks nominate others for selected catagories, then set up a poll for each and a time limit for voting. After the limit, he/she with the most votes in that catagory wins.

Just a thought. But I like the idea.

If nominated I will not run,

if elected I will not serve.

snuffy, it might be an idea after SaRuMaN sets up a thread to have folks nominate others for selected catagories, then set up a poll for each and a time limit for voting. After the limit, he/she with the most votes in that catagory wins.

Just a thought. But I like the idea.

If nominated I will not run,

if elected I will not serve.

Yep, after we get the categories sorted out. How long should the time period be? We want to give everyone a decent amount of time to get their votes in.

I think a week would probably be a good time scale, perhaps one week for nominations and then one week for the voting.

I think a week would probably be a good time scale, perhaps one week for nominations and then one week for the voting.

Sounds good to me.

So what do we get if we win and do we have to make a speech?(not that it will be me,just curious.Or nosey,however you want to look at it wink2.gif )

I just had a thought(No Really!) When it comes time to nominate people for categories,is there a way it can be done anonymously? You don't want the person you nominated for most annoying to hate you. Or the person you nominate for sexiest to think you're a stalker...

I just had a thought(No Really!) When it comes time to nominate people for categories,is there a way it can be done anonymously? You don't want the person you nominated for most annoying to hate you. Or the person you nominate for sexiest to think you're a stalker...

That's a good idea, but I'm not real sure how to go about it. I wouldn't want the person who I nominated for most annoying to know I nominated them either.