Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

The Question Game


  • Please log in to reply
816 replies to this topic

#1    Hugh

Hugh

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Joined:17 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto

  • We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:25 AM

This is different than the "Answer a Question With A Question" thread where you directly answer a question with another question...

This is The Question Game, where you answer the question posted before you, then ask your own question, which may be totally unrelated, and which you'd like someone to answer.

There is no previous question to start off with for me to answer, so I'll just ask the first question. :)

What is your favorite memory from childhood? :)


#2    Fernand0

Fernand0

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:56 AM

One time I was exploring the woods surrounding the house I lived in, in Cuba. The sun had just gone down. I was looking at an owl in a tree when a UFO appeared above the tree and directly above me. It was dark metallic color and had glowing edges at the places where several plates that formed it met, and a small space between the plates that shone with a blue pulsating light. I still remember it with awe. It shone a spotlight on me or something similar and I tried to run away then a ball of light struck me from behind, which paralyzed me. Next thing I remember I was laying at the back door of my house and the UFO was not there.

What is the first memory you have?

edit

I was only five years old at the time and I didn't know what a UFO is until much later. It was scary to be paralyzed by that ball of light but it was an amazing thing to see. I lived near the Havana airport at the time, and I already knew what helicopters and planes were. It was not a normal aircraft.

Edited by Fernand0, 04 June 2010 - 05:12 AM.


#3    Enoonmai

Enoonmai

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:19 Apr 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Georgia Mountains

  • There are things known, and things unknown, in between are the doors

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:59 AM

Candy, snakes, and exploring the woods. What do you like most about Mila Kunis?

Lone Wolf; Test Everything - Believe Nothing

#4    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

    Feathered Feline

  • Member
  • 11,542 posts
  • Joined:18 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Planet Earth, Emerald Isle

  • Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

View PostEgo Massage, on 04 June 2010 - 04:59 AM, said:

Candy, snakes, and exploring the woods. What do you like most about Mila Kunis?

Em, never heard of her, so had to 'google the name.'  What I like most about what I saw, was, em, well, she's woman?!

My question:  If your nearest relative after say 20yrs, told you they were joining a Cult, would you do or say anything to discourage them, or would you just say, "your choice?" or would it only matter to you if you disapproved of the Cult?

Posted Image

#5    Hugh

Hugh

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Joined:17 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto

  • We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:49 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 04 June 2010 - 09:19 PM, said:

If your nearest relative after say 20yrs, told you they were joining a Cult, would you do or say anything to discourage them, or would you just say, "your choice?" or would it only matter to you if you disapproved of the Cult?

If the Cult was known for evil, and killings and such I'd definitely try to discourage them, but if it was something non-hurtful I'd just be curious and ask them 'Why?'...

In the end though, it's their life and their choice.
____________________

My question is:

If a group of doctors came to you and said that they had a proven method to cool down your body, then stop your heart and brain functions for 30 minutes, then revive you to "bring you back to life" (like in the movie Flatliners), but there was a 0.1% chance you would remain dead, would you be willing to experience what "death" would feel like, and report back what you saw?


#6    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

    Feathered Feline

  • Member
  • 11,542 posts
  • Joined:18 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Planet Earth, Emerald Isle

  • Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:58 PM

View PostHugh, on 04 June 2010 - 10:49 PM, said:

If the Cult was known for evil, and killings and such I'd definitely try to discourage them, but if it was something non-hurtful I'd just be curious and ask them 'Why?'...

In the end though, it's their life and their choice.
____________________

My question is:

If a group of doctors came to you and said that they had a proven method to cool down your body, then stop your heart and brain functions for 30 minutes, then revive you to "bring you back to life" (like in the movie Flatliners), but there was a 0.1% chance you would remain dead, would you be willing to experience what "death" would feel like, and report back what you saw?


One of my fav movies that... but no, I wouldn't agree to it.  Had an outer body experience once.. that was enough for one life time.

My question:  You're in a poker game, you have a rotten hand, you can risk everything by showing your hand and possibly winning or losing thousands of pounds/dollars, do you play or not?

Posted Image

#7    nognome

nognome

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Joined:03 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Methadonia

  • there are no storybook romances No... fairy tale endings So before you run out to change the world,Ask yourself:
    What do you really want?

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:15 AM

View PostMistydawn, on 04 June 2010 - 10:58 PM, said:

One of my fav movies that... but no, I wouldn't agree to it.  Had an outer body experience once.. that was enough for one life time.

My question:  You're in a poker game, you have a rotten hand, you can risk everything by showing your hand and possibly winning or losing thousands of pounds/dollars, do you play or not?
id play my hand.. QUESTION :how fast would lightning go ,if it didnt zigzag?

[i]We see the iceberg from 15 miles away
The captain orders the ship to "stay the course""Full speed ahead" shouts the accurst The next thing we heard was, "rich women and children first"The ship is listing, the captain's placing blame on the iceberg "That berg attacked us, I am declaring war on the Arctic"

#8    Hugh

Hugh

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Joined:17 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto

  • We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:22 AM

View Postnognome, on 07 June 2010 - 04:15 AM, said:

how fast would lightning go ,if it didnt zigzag?

Well lightning normally takes the path of least resistance through the air, which makes it zig zag... so if it was forced to go straight then it would end up slowing down going through the higher resistance areas, which would mean it would probably end up getting there at the same time it would have if it would have travelled quicker, but taking the longer route by zig zagging... maybe... lol...
____________________

What would you do if you could stop time for everything and everyone for an hour, but you'd be free to do anything you wanted?


#9    Enoonmai

Enoonmai

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined:19 Apr 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Georgia Mountains

  • There are things known, and things unknown, in between are the doors

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:55 AM

Brainwash the entire planet


What would you do if you were stranded in the ocean, away from land?

Lone Wolf; Test Everything - Believe Nothing

#10    Samuronin

Samuronin

    Most Valuable Player

  • Member
  • 3,048 posts
  • Joined:02 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Behind You

  • "Be yourself. There is something that you can do better than any other. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that. "

Posted 08 June 2010 - 02:30 AM

Can't do anything, just gonna hope somebody rescues.




What would you do if you can teleport like in the film Jumper?

Posted Image
The Difference between the unattainable and the attainable lies in a person's determination.

#11    Antimony

Antimony

    Her Most Delicious Purpleness

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
  • Joined:11 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Catatonia

  • It's a Pony!

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:47 PM

Man, I'd be very, very busy. Visit loved ones & friends who are far away, go to all the places on earth I want to visit, organize a space-suit & hop around in space, but firstly & most importantly, teleport myself into the finest bakery/Patisserie on the planet, at night, when nobody is there fulfilling a long-cherished fantasy.

How did you come across UM & what made you register? (Wanting to reply to a particular thread f.ex. if so, which one?)

Posted Image
Claudine went to the Ladies to power her nose.

#12    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

    Feathered Feline

  • Member
  • 11,542 posts
  • Joined:18 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Planet Earth, Emerald Isle

  • Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:59 AM

View PostAntimony, on 09 June 2010 - 09:47 PM, said:

Man, I'd be very, very busy. Visit loved ones & friends who are far away, go to all the places on earth I want to visit, organize a space-suit & hop around in space, but firstly & most importantly, teleport myself into the finest bakery/Patisserie on the planet, at night, when nobody is there fulfilling a long-cherished fantasy.

How did you come across UM & what made you register? (Wanting to reply to a particular thread f.ex. if so, which one?)


Googled it.  Was looking to see if anyone out there had experiences of "odd" stuff and to see if others had experiences similar to mine.


How often do you seriously think about your own death?

Posted Image

#13    Hugh

Hugh

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Joined:17 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto

  • We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:37 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 12 June 2010 - 10:59 AM, said:

How often do you seriously think about your own death?
Several times a day on average. I think about what it will feel like, what may come after, what all the possibilities are...
____________________

What is your dream career? (and you're allowed to invent a new type of one if you'd like to.) :)


#14    Antimony

Antimony

    Her Most Delicious Purpleness

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
  • Joined:11 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Catatonia

  • It's a Pony!

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:58 AM

Be an explorer, in the times when there were still a lot of vast white territories on maps.




If you won ten million dollars/pounds/euros what would you do with it?

Posted Image
Claudine went to the Ladies to power her nose.

#15    Hugh

Hugh

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • Joined:17 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto

  • We are much more than we seem to be. :)

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

View PostAntimony, on 15 June 2010 - 09:58 AM, said:

If you won ten million dollars/pounds/euros what would you do with it?
I've thought about this a lot lol, probably like everyone else.

I'd help family first, then extended family and friends to the tune of about half of it, then I'd make sure that my own future would be finacially secure with good investments, then I'd buy new stuff for myself and travel to exotic but safe places. :)
____________________

Who has been the most inspirational person in your life and why?





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users