Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

comic fans here?

Gambit

Just wondering how many comic fans we have here in these forums....I am a big fan of the X-Universe, I read Ultimate X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Secret War, New Avengers and my favorites are Astonishing X-Men and Exiles.

Favorite characters are: Gambit, Juggernaut, Havok, Psylocke, Blink, Mimic, Multiple Man, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer

thumbsup.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mad Manfred

• strangebutsmart

• oldvariant42

• Glacies

I have a few original Dark Horse 'Aliens' comics, still packages and pristine, but that's it really.

I'm a big fan of the comic genre, but haven't really read as many as I would have liked. And what I did have my mom cleared out years ago. My favorites, by FAR, were the Uncanney X-Men. Hmmm, I also like Preacher and Birds of Prey. I used to read graphic novels when I was younger, and really enjoyed League of Extraordinary Gentlemen until the hideous movie came along and ruined it. crying.gif

Same thing as JennRose, like the genre but haven't read as much as I would have liked. Just got a Batman book with 8 stories for 4 bucks. Anyone read "Shadows of the Past"? That's a pretty good story, really dark. Hope the new movie is good!!! grin2.gif

Fav characters: Batman, Spider-Man, Wolverine (kicks ass!!!), Beast and The Lizard. Guess I have something for monsters

I used to read X-men, and the lucifer comics (absolutely brilliant, if you liked preacher read lucifer!). Gambit will alsways be the best of the x-men though...i also propose a boycott of X-men 3 if gambit isn't in it.

i also propose a boycott of X-men 3 if gambit isn't in it.

He was supposed to be in X2 though his scenes were cut...unfortunately they weren't added to the special features of the DVD either sad.gif

I've been reading comics since I was 10 (23 now), and I'm a strict Marvel fan, usually getting most X-Men titles, Avengers, Punisher, Runaways, District X, Ultimates, and many, many others.

My favorite character? Probably the Fallen from the Mutant X reality...he was like a dark and evil version of Archangel/Angel (Warren Worthington III). There is a pic of him below.

Favorite title at the moment? District X...which centers around the section of New York dubbed Mutant Town...Bishop guest-stars often.

post-7328-1106013745.jpg

Eh, the only comic book I have the The Fantastic Four number 350. Aside from that I'm a pretty big comic fan. DC or Marvel, it doesn't matter to me! thumbsup.gif

i love xmen grin2.gif i have boxes of them in my room, but mom is threatening to throw them out crying.gif i also love the flash grin2.gif oh and daredevil too. dont get me started on that movie disgust.gif

Honestly i cant stand Gambit. something about him really makes me tick. his powers are awsome and his accent it great. but i think its his arrogance and ladies man attitude that really annoys me disgust.gif Iceman was always my favorite grin2.gif

i love xmen grin2.gif i have boxes of them in my room, but mom is threatening to throw them out crying.gif

454103[/snapback]

You see...thats why I bought a sword. Keeps the harpies at bay.

Comics?

I love them...got loads of comics in the loft(its the only place I can put them for now crying.gif )

I got a copy of the first ever Spiderman as well wub.gifwub.gif

X-men comics are cool.I have a load of graphic novels.

I got a copy of the first ever Spiderman as well wub.gif  wub.gif

454380[/snapback]

I'll give you five bucks for it original.gif

454387[/snapback]

Ummm...let me thing about it...no thanks hun...I like my comic more than that... laugh.giflaugh.gif

Dang! tongue.gif

A question though...is it Amazing Spider-Man #1 (1963) or is it Amazing Fantasy #15? Or is it one of the relaunches?

FYI, Amazing Spider-Man #1 is going for around $15,000.00.

Amazing Fantasy #15 (first appearance of Spider-Man) is going for $250,000.00.

Its Amazing Spiderman...wow...think Im going to have to get it out of the loft... ohmy.gif

look at my avatar and sig. too bad gambit isn't a real ass kicker but he's got his own style.

anyhow, has anyone seen elektra yet??? i have and give it a B- could have been alot worse. sleepy.gif

maybe they needed to lengthen the movie with a more detail.

so what marvel movie is next???? or what superhero movie is next???

i know batman and that's all.

Fantastic Four---which looks not great, sorry. And Sin City (Dark Horse comics, I believe) which looks awesome.

There's a few new comic movies either in the works or ready to come out.

1 - A new Superman which will have Kevin Spacey playing Lex

2 - X-Men 3 (Stewart, Femke, Jackson and McKellan have been confirmed as returning, though Halle was given the boot, literally, for her snobbery)

3 - Ghost Rider which will star Nicholas Cage

4 - Constantine starring Keanu Reaves

5 - Hellboy 2 (same cast as previous)

6 - Conan (which MAY cameo Arnie as the new Conan's dad)

7 - Fantastic Four (out soon)

8 - Hulk 2 (same cast)

9 - V for Vendetta (Natalie Portman has been confirmed as a member of the cast)

10 - Wolverine (spin-off from X2 starring Jackman)

11 - Man-Thing (rumored to be going straight-to-DVD)

12 - Sin City (know nothing about this sorry)

13 - Punisher 2 (has been confirmed though too early to know anything)

and a few obscure others. And as you said, Batman Begins.

In addition, before I forget, there is a Luke Cage movie coming out and a possible Iron Fist aswell.

PS. I loved Elektra! thumbsup.gif

I loooooove de X-Men

gambit and wolverine are the best

• 2 months later...

My comic books loves:

The Sandman

Preacher

Star Wars

Spawn

Hellblazer

Judge Dredd

Duram Red

BatMan

Spider Man

Lucifer

The Authority

Rising Stars

The Crow (the first GN by J. O'Barr

And, that's about it for me...

Iron Fist adn Iron are also planned for big screen as well as Green Hornet Green Arrow and Green Lantern how far they are in process I dont know

• 4 months later...

I absolutley LOVE COMICS BOOKS!!! I started reading them right after i learned how to read when I was like five or something cuz my dad got me into them. I love X-Men, Spiderman, Batman, and pretty much both DC and Marvel. I got a pretty good collection of "graphic novels" if that's what you want to call them, (but i just call them comic books),and also boxes filled with regular comic books. I'll never stop reading them!!! grin2.gif

I can't read them. There's too much going on - all these intricate histories and backstories that they expect you to know, it's too confusing to me. I might be able to read a comic book if it was about ONE superhero with ONE limited set of "powers." But the stuff that's out there is just too much.

You know, I never liked the idea of superheroes anyway. All these self-proclaimed heroes flying around like gods, handing down justice as they see fit, punishing us if we get out of line. Nobody should have that kind of power. If superman et al. were real I would not trust them.

I only like Japanese comics (manga) which are really in another league altogether from Superhero comics. But I do watch cartoons of Batman etc if they're on

I once bought a spiderman comic just for the free gifty thoght it was a sling shot or something lol.