Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I have a conection with spirts I think..Help?

Mynameisnotimportant

Werid things have been going on around me. Like once some balloons started rapidly moving through my house and I later found them deflated on my bed. Some people say it was the AC moving them but they had been in the same place all week and hadn't moved once and also how would they have gotten under door frames? Also sometimes at night my dog will start looking all around the ceiling. Another thing is sometimes I feel like the whole world goes out of focus and everything sounds fuzzy but Ill hear Werid noises very clearly but everything will go back to normal after about 15 seconds. Another thing I think might tie into it is something that I went through when I was younger. When I got to about 7 years old I suddenly became terrified to sleep alone in my room at night. I had to sleep in my brothers room and if he feel asleep before me I would freak out because I didn't like to be alone. (Werid things only happen to me when I'm completely alone.) I couldn't spend the night at my friends house because I didn't want to be the last one awake. When my family would ask me why I was scarred I didn't really have an answer. But I knew it wasn't robbers or monsters under the bed. It was something I couldn't explain at the time but I think now looking back on it that I was sense something that I'm still not sure of. It went away when I was about 11 and I could sleep by myself but to this day I don't being the last one to go asleep in my house or sleeping in the complete dark and I have to go to sleep to music or TV. Nothing started happen until they last yearish (I'm 14 now) I've never feel threatened or like someone's going to hurt me but I've told my story to some people who think I have a spirt following me around and is trying to make me aware of it. I'm very confused and just want to know what's going in. Help?

• Like 1

Help!? Are you serious!?

14 years old, and afraid of the dark :clap: ..... I guess you can take comfort in the fact that it will pass, as you get older.

• Like 1

My advice remains the same from the duplicate thread which is now locked:

Brad Steiger has a theory on poltergeist activity.

It usually happens to females but can happen to males. It happens mostly during puberty or among newlyweds.

The poltergeist is not something out there but emanating from these persons.

As far as what happened when you were younger and can no longer remember why it traumatized you....well, sigh, that could be abuse.

Poltergeist agents are very often adolescents, but not always. It seems true that some adolescents under the combined stresses of growing up and the hormonal changes occurring during puberty can produce poltergeist activity, but adults under stress can be agents as well - especially, perhaps, if they have unresolved stresses from childhood.

It is unknown how common poltergeist activity is. Certainly, remarkable cases in which household objects are tossed about are relatively rare. But those are the cases that get attention and are documented simply because they are remarkable, especially if the activity persists over many days, weeks or months. There may be many more cases, however, that occur just once or on rare occasions to people. A child furious with his parents storms into his room and a picture flies off the wall. A couple having a heated argument is interrupted by a pot inexplicably falling to the floor. These and a thousand other possible scenarios could be taking place all the time to temporary poltergeist agents, but are dismissed as coincidence or with some other rational explanation. (Indeed, in many instances it might be just coincidence or have another rational explanation; the point is, we don't know.)

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=247853

• Like 1

The balloons probably moved because the helium leaked out slowly and the a/c was then able to move them. They'd easily go under door frames. I've seen it a million times because I hate balloons and I'm always watching them to see what they're up to.

I think you may just be paranoid and have a bit of anxiety and/or ocd. I used to never like to go to sleep first. I shared a room with my sister and I was constantly frightened and always wanted to be the last one asleep. Maybe you're having disturbing sleep disorders, ie night terrors, hypnogogic hallucinations, etc.

I'd look for the normal before reaching for the paranormal. There's a lot of things that could be happening to you that would not necessarily involve spooks. :tu:

• Like 7

yes, i know how you feel. i am 13 and i sometimes have sleep paralysis. when i was junger i saw ghosts following me but i never talked to anybody i just dealed with it,you should talk to someone,it might help.

I hate balloons and I'm always watching them to see what they're up to.

I found this to be very cool and interesting.

Studying shadows is my thing, especially when outdoors in natural light, or at night as I walk past street or parking lot lamps and study my own, this study was inspired by Carlos Castaneda.

Robert Johnson would study the rain.

Balloons seem to be a worthwhile subject...especially since they can inform the subject of the OP here but just in general.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!

I found this to be very cool and interesting.

Studying shadows is my thing, especially when outdoors in natural light, or at night as I walk past street or parking lot lamps and study my own, this study was inspired by Carlos Castaneda.

Robert Johnson would study the rain.

Balloons seem to be a worthwhile subject...especially since they can inform the subject of the OP here but just in general.

Hey LBA!

I'm not joking, I'm seriously on high alert when the latex kind are around. I don't want them near me.

Especially near my head. I hate birthday parties. They just freak me out.

• Like 2

See a Spiritualist. Maybe they can shed some light.

• Like 1

As a kid we're all scared of the dark and nights were especially creepy. Some kids don't like what might be under the bed. Others don't like what could be in the wardrobe. This is either over active imagination or some of us are just sensitives.

On the balloons, were they your party balloons and what makes you sure they weren't placed in other rooms?

Who told you a spirit is following you? Btw in case you're wondering, everyone has a spirit guide or guardian or loved ones in spirit around them. I don't think there's anything nasty around you.

Can you explain more about things turning fuzzy and you hearing strange noises.

What's upstairs when your dog behaves like this?

Since its such a laughing matter I'm a grown women of 31 almost 32 and before I moved out of my first home I slept with all the lights on at night for the last two months I lived there because one night I was laying in bed and was awakened by the feeling of being held down. I woke up thinking it was my husband only to realize my husband was asleep beside me and there was a tall skinny dark figure standing at my feet at the end of the bed. After a few seconds of it just staring at me it suddenly flew over the foot of the bed going from a standing to a horizantal position before suddenly disappearing. During that time I was fully awake but unable to speak or move needless to say once I could move again I woke my husband up and got my kids from their rooms and refused to sleep without them in the bed and every single light on until my husband finally got tired of it and moved us to a new house. So sweetheart your not the only one that has ever been scared of the dark so have I :-)

Since its such a laughing matter I'm a grown women of 31 almost 32 and before I moved out of my first home I slept with all the lights on at night for the last two months I lived there because one night I was laying in bed and was awakened by the feeling of being held down. I woke up thinking it was my husband only to realize my husband was asleep beside me and there was a tall skinny dark figure standing at my feet at the end of the bed. After a few seconds of it just staring at me it suddenly flew over the foot of the bed going from a standing to a horizantal position before suddenly disappearing. During that time I was fully awake but unable to speak or move needless to say once I could move again I woke my husband up and got my kids from their rooms and refused to sleep without them in the bed and every single light on until my husband finally got tired of it and moved us to a new house. So sweetheart your not the only one that has ever been scared of the dark so have I :-)

I don't see anyone laughing??

What you described could be a sleep disorder and does sound like sleep paralysis, especially since you couldn't move. It seems very real, I've had it more than once so I'm speaking from experience, but it isn't paranormal.

Your experience really does sound like a text book case of SP. On a couple of occasions with mine, I would have sworn I was awake, but because I knew what SP was, I knew what was happening and it helped me to break out of it sooner and not be so afraid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

• Like 1

Cold I was definately awake just couldn't make my limbs or voice box work after reading nonlinear about sp and that you can see things that aren't there I figured it happened where I was just waking up and my brain hadn't caught up with the rest of me if you know what I mean.

That earlier comment had been directed at dbunker I don't do guotes since reading it the first was enough. Forgot to include his sn sorry.

Cold I was definately awake just couldn't make my limbs or voice box work after reading nonlinear about sp and that you can see things that aren't there I figured it happened where I was just waking up and my brain hadn't caught up with the rest of me if you know what I mean.

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean, because that is what happens with sp. You are conscious, but your body won't let you move because it thinks you are still dreaming and when you are dreaming your body shuts movement down so you don't act our your dreams and hurt yourself. I'm confused..and no problem about the laughing comment. :tu:

• Like 1

Yes cold I was just reading the article you recommended on another post and it described it exactly. Its only happened once and I over reacted big time at first but months later read an article about sp but it wasn't in as much detail as the one you suggested. Thanks btw enjoyed the read. Especially finding out your body is semi paralized during sleep to keep you from acting out dreams. Man when we were created they didnt miss anything did they.

• Like 1

If you seriously want help, talk to your parents, and describe this to them. Maybe even tell them, or show them you are asking advice on a forum from strangers.

Maybe, just maybe, they will do the right thing and have you talk to a Doctor.

If they do not listen, talk to your School Counselor, and do the same as I said above.

Of course, this is if you truly want help.

• Like 1

Seriously, Sakari?

You are running rampant these days..

If the OP were to be sent to parents or counselors for help, they would probably be induced towards a mental hospital.

I can understand you being skeptic, because I've been with a clear mind for a while.

This advice is uncalled for and you know you have no right to give it.

• Like 1

Seriously, Sakari?

If the OP were to be sent to parents or counselors for help, they would probably be induced towards a mental hospital.

I can understand you being skeptic, because I've been with a clear mind for a while.

sometimes I feel like the whole world goes out of focus and everything sounds fuzzy but Ill hear Werid noises very clearly but everything will go back to normal after about 15 seconds.
When I got to about 7 years old I suddenly became terrified to sleep alone in my room at night.
to this day I don't being the last one to go asleep in my house or sleeping in the complete dark and I have to go to sleep to music or TV.

I'm very confused and just want to know what's going in. Help?

Wow,

Nice of you to tell someone if they go to a counselor, or to their parents they might be taken to a mental hospital.......Do you know just how wrong that is?

Look at the above quotes, and tell me a professionally trained person can not help them find out what is bothering them?

I am not saying anyone is crazy, you threw that out there. Just because someone goes to see a counselor, or psychologist, it does not mean they are crazy at all. It means they are smart enough to talk to a person that can help them with any emotional, or even possibly, physical issue they may have.

My son went to a Counselor, my Daughter talked to hers art High School about a sleeping disorder.....Neither went to a Mental Hospital. I went to a Psychologist over a divorce and child custody battle, mainly for help with raising a son in a bad situation. I was not sent to a Mental Hospital.

The OP asked for help, I offered what I believe is good advice.

And if a child can not talk to their parents, who do you suggest they talk to?.........Strangers on a paranormal forum?

And really, do not discourage anyone from seeking help from parents, counselors, or Doctors....That is just wrong........Very, very wrong.

To the OP....

I 100% guarantee, from what you stated here, your parents, nor a School Counselor would send you, or anyone to a Mental Hospital.....That is a insane statement to make.

They are all there to help you, or anyone that wants or needs help.

• Like 3

Seriously Sakari?!!?!? This person is suffering from some sort of external terror. And you just light heatedly say "Turn yourself over to 'The Man'"

Do you have any idea what they would do to a 14 year old like this? Drug them up, throw them in a padded room with a sraight jacket on, and probably turn out the lights just for fun. The psychological implecations would be astounding, not only that but it would futher open the person up to even more attacks from whatever external force has been attacking them.

Keep giving advice like that, and soon a death will be on your conscience.

Seriously, Sakari?

So you are saying, what? That the parents instantly throw their kids into a mental hospital? So you claim to have a clear mind, clearlyI think you watch too many tv shows because on this earth parents aren't jerks.

Mostly likely he suggest to talk to some one to help ease the kids issues

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

Seriously Sakari?!!?!? This person is suffering from some sort of external terror. And you just light heatedly say "Turn yourself over to 'The Man'"

Do you have any idea what they would do to a 14 year old like this? Drug them up, throw them in a padded room with a sraight jacket on, and probably turn out the lights just for fun. The psychological implecations would be astounding, not only that but it would futher open the person up to even more attacks from whatever external force has been attacking them.

Keep giving advice like that, and soon a death will be on your conscience.

Same goes to you....

Doctors and parents are there to help, not to throw someone in a padded room. You watch to much TV.

I am trying to help the kid, you are trying to scare the **** out of him with things that are not even proven real.

And learn how to spell the State you live in for Gods sake.

• Like 2

Same goes to you....

Doctors and parents are there to help, not to throw someone in a padded room. You watch to much TV.

I am trying to help the kid, you are trying to scare the **** out of him with things that are not even proven real.

All I'm saying is that if the kid is being attacked by an external force.. what are his parents oging to say???

Let's follow this down the "logical" path, shall we?

Kid: Mom, Dad, Something is causing me to be scared of going to sleep.

Parent: Ok, let's try to get you some help.

(night lights, no tv before bed, different things tried, then finally some counseling)

Counselor: Hmmm, let's run some tests.

(tests tried, blood drawn, finally medication given)

Kid: Wow, this medication really helps lower my defenses. I feel much better.

External Dark Force: HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

And learn how to spell the State you live in for Gods sake.

You come live in Floriduh, for as long as I have, and see how you spell it.

Of all the years being here, of all the topics i have read, all the comments that i have replied to.

yours is one of the most backwards, dangerous and above stupid comments I ever heard. No DO NOT go to the doctors and run tests because some UNKNOWN EVIL FORCE IS DOING IT! Really? Seriously? Again, It screams "I WATCH TOO MUCH TV/MOVIES".

What if the child DID have a medical condition? Maybe he has a physocial disorder,

So are you certified to KNOW if some one has supernatural powers? Wow, bro.

EXPLAIN THIS External Dark Force, because I KNOW THAT STAR WARS IS JUST A FICTIONAL MOVIE.

Darth Vader watching a child as he sleep outside.

Father: ah, what the heck are you doing?

Darth: This boy has the power of the dark side.

Father: Really?

Darth: Yes, Because some little git online said i am the cause of your sons traumatic disorders.

Father: Sir, I will ask you to leave or i will turn the sprinklers on you.

Darth: NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo

That is thinking with LOGIC!

• Like 4

Werid things have been going on around me. Like once some balloons started rapidly moving through my house and I later found them deflated on my bed. Some people say it was the AC moving them but they had been in the same place all week and hadn't moved once and also how would they have gotten under door frames? Also sometimes at night my dog will start looking all around the ceiling. Another thing is sometimes I feel like the whole world goes out of focus and everything sounds fuzzy but Ill hear Werid noises very clearly but everything will go back to normal after about 15 seconds........................................................... looking back on it that I was sense something that I'm still not sure of. It went away when I was about 11 and I could sleep by myself but to this day I don't being the last one to go asleep in my house or sleeping in the complete dark and I have to go to sleep to music or TV. Nothing started happen until they last yearish (I'm 14 now) I've never feel threatened or like someone's going to hurt me but I've told my story to some people who think I have a spirt following me around and is trying to make me aware of it. I'm very confused and just want to know what's going in. Help?

First of all, you have absolutely nothing to fear. All this poltergeists and spirits is just nonsense. These things do happen for a reason and that reason is to do with your own mind and what's going on in your mind. For example, some of your experiences could be called hallucinations and hallucinations are just dreams you have while you are awake, and they are meaningful and tell you things about yourself just like dreams do. Your other experiences, without going into detailed explanations, are not really much different. So again, you have absolutely nothing to fear, and if you could interpret these experiences they would tell you interesting and helpful things about your psychology.

What you do need to deal with is the fear. It is because of the fear that these things keep happening. Nightmares recurr only when people are very afraid of them. So deal with the fear and these things will stop happening. You deal with the fear thus: tell yourself that these experiences are just nonsense. Whenever you feel fear, say "I don't care". It doesn't matter what you think or feel, just keep reciting "I do not care". Say "These experiences are just nonsense", and when you are able, actually try and laugh at them. If you keep talking to yourself as if you are not afraid, as if you don't care, the fear will subside and the experiences will cease. It takes time, but it will work if you persist. Also, it's not an on/off things --- things will get better slowly until the problem is completely gone. If you want to put a little more effort into it, you could try relaxation exercises, particularly before you go to bed and at any time where you tend to get frightened. You can find relaxation therapy books and CDs. One more thing, don't play nerve wracking things like video games just before you go to bed.

• Like 1

Help!? Are you serious!?

14 years old, and afraid of the dark :clap: ..... I guess you can take comfort in the fact that it will pass, as you get older.

I really don't think this is very helpful. You are winding Mynameisnotimportant up emotionally ---- the last thing s/he needs. If the avatar is anything to go by, s/he has a problem with self-confidence/self-worth. So again, shame and ridicule are only going to make a bad situation worse and quite possibly push a lack of self-confidence into the pit of depression. What's more, you are adding shame to the fear.

Edited by pantodragon
  • Like 1