Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Display issues

Imaginarynumber1

I only have this problem on this site and only when i'm on my desktop.

I've updated everything that I can think of and scanned my entire system.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Unexplained%20Mysteries%20%20%20Paranormal%20Phenomena%20and%20the%20World%20s%20Greatest%20Unexplained%20Mysteries_zpsjvdjf83r.png

It looks a lot like what happens when your data is missing some bytes and the page only partially loads... I'm guessing you have rebooted.. Try another browser, also try clearing your cache (in browser settings), and also try holding down Ctrl and Shift while clicking on the 'refresh' icon.

If all else fails I'd try changing your screen resolution and see if that resets anything.. (note what it was, so it's easy to change back).\

Just out of interest, I never see an ad at the top of the UM home page like that.. does that maybe vary by country or sumpin?

ADDED - oooops, spoke too soon - I see an ad appears up there after a short period of inactivity - because I usually get straight into it, I must not have seen this happen before!

We need Saru to swing past..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

It looks a lot like what happens when your data is missing some bytes and the page only partially loads... I'm guessing you have rebooted.. Try another browser, also try clearing your cache (in browser settings), and also try holding down Ctrl and Shift while clicking on the 'refresh' icon.

If all else fails I'd try changing your screen resolution and see if that resets anything.. (note what it was, so it's easy to change back).\

Just out of interest, I never see an ad at the top of the UM home page like that.. does that maybe vary by country or sumpin?

ADDED - oooops, spoke too soon - I see an ad appears up there after a short period of inactivity - because I usually get straight into it, I must not have seen this happen before!

We need Saru to swing past..

Well i'll be damned. Crtl+Shift while reloading fixed everything.

Thanks ChrLzs, Much obliged.

No prob's.. On most browsers Ctrl-Shift-refresh tells the browser to 'forcefully' demand a new copy of the page from the source IP, rather than use any data that may have been cached between your screen and the originating site.

Err, I think... :blush:

• Like 2

Well i'll be damned. Crtl+Shift while reloading fixed everything.

Thanks ChrLzs, Much obliged.

Actually if I remember correctly that is a sign that something has latched on to the startup routine ~ which is a bad sign ... by 'reloading' did you mean windows or just the browser ?

Actually if I remember correctly that is a sign that something has latched on to the startup routine ~ which is a bad sign ... by 'reloading' did you mean windows or just the browser ?

Ive rebooted the computer and reloaded the browser. I'm running a much more in depth scan right now.

• Like 1

Ive rebooted the computer and reloaded the browser. I'm running a much more in depth scan right now.

Its the Windows startup list ~ if the scan comes up clean best to recheck the display drivers ... I don't think its virus issues but more with wonky drivers ~ maybe 'use hardware acceleration' should be disabled with the browser ... something to bear in mind going through a check list of problems ... good luck ~

• Like 1

Its the Windows startup list ~ if the scan comes up clean best to recheck the display drivers ... I don't think its virus issues but more with wonky drivers ~ maybe 'use hardware acceleration' should be disabled with the browser ... something to bear in mind going through a check list of problems ... good luck ~

I'll look into that. Thanks.

• Like 1

It looks a lot like what happens when your data is missing some bytes and the page only partially loads...

This is what I think was responsible as well - an interruption in the connection may have stopped the page loading before it was finished.