Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 3 votes

whats under solomons temple?


  • Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#316    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 10,798 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

View PostKaryotype, on 06 January 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

just curious, at what age can we no longer revive threads?
I honestly didn't know there was a rule about not reviving old threads.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#317    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,633 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 06 January 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

I honestly didn't know there was a rule about not reviving old threads.

I don't believe there is any rule against reviving old threads. But it would probably be better if after say, 18 to 24 months, starting a new thread. The idea behind the original thread is no longer fresh and many of the posters are probably not around, or interested, any longer.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#318    Mangoze

Mangoze

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 05 January 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

With the above it looks like we have another winner, congratulations:

Attachment Fractal Wrongness.jpg

cormac

Infinitely wrong in the same same area.  :yes:


#319    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • 7,764 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostKaryotype, on 06 January 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

just curious, at what age can we no longer revive threads?

Once they've gone off to college and have freed us from their terror.

Just kidding.

Necroposting is not an action popular with many posters, but there are legitimate means to do so. There's no real age limit in place. I'm sometimes surprised to see threads that are years old pop up again. First, however, are reasons to avoid necroposting. Never do so just for the sake of bumping a thread back into the active queue of the forum. This is against UM's policies. Also, avoid the urge to do so if the comment you wish to contribute really doesn't add to the merits of the thread. Something like "This is cool and I agree" is not a post worth reading and can, in fact, be regarded as bumping. Also, don't reply to a post in a thread that was posted years ago. I see this quite often and it's irritating. The poster who wrote the original post might not even be around any longer.

Any old thread can be brought back to life at any time so long as the post you wish to contribute is relevant to the topic and adds something worth reading. I myself do not like to see old threads necroposted, but as long as the new post is relevant and adds to the overall topic, I for one see no reason to act against it.

Sorry for the diatribe. I know you didn't ask for half of this information, but it gave me a good opportunity to remind posters about the nature of necroposting. :tu:

Editing to add: I just saw cormac's Post 317 and realized this is something I should've added. In some cases, if a thread has caught your eye but it's years old and seen no activity since Moses was young, it might be worth considering starting a new thread. Ask cormac. He remembers when Moses was young. :w00t:

Edited by kmt_sesh, 06 January 2013 - 05:41 AM.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#320    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,642 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

There may have been a temple of David`s and Solomon`s built before the Muslims Temple the Dome of the Rock, the large flat expanse was a base for a temple.


Posted Image

Edited by docyabut2, 06 January 2013 - 01:58 PM.


#321    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,622 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 06 January 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

There may have been a temple of Solomon`s built before the Muslims Temple, the large flat expanse was a base for a temple.


Posted Image

it was, but not for Salomon's temple but for Herod's the Great's Temple. Before that there was a much smaller temple build after the Babylonian Exile there and after it a Temple built by Julian the Apostate who tried to bring back Judaism as counterweight to Christianism. That temple was used as Christian church until the Muslims took over the place. No trace of Salomon's temple has been found there, below those foundations is an ancient fortress/palace.

Edited by questionmark, 06 January 2013 - 01:51 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#322    Karyotype

Karyotype

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Joined:23 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Waiting for the mother ship to land in my yard!

  • No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 06 January 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

Once they've gone off to college and have freed us from their terror.

Just kidding.

Necroposting is not an action popular with many posters, but there are legitimate means to do so. There's no real age limit in place. I'm sometimes surprised to see threads that are years old pop up again. First, however, are reasons to avoid necroposting. Never do so just for the sake of bumping a thread back into the active queue of the forum. This is against UM's policies. Also, avoid the urge to do so if the comment you wish to contribute really doesn't add to the merits of the thread. Something like "This is cool and I agree" is not a post worth reading and can, in fact, be regarded as bumping. Also, don't reply to a post in a thread that was posted years ago. I see this quite often and it's irritating. The poster who wrote the original post might not even be around any longer.

Any old thread can be brought back to life at any time so long as the post you wish to contribute is relevant to the topic and adds something worth reading. I myself do not like to see old threads necroposted, but as long as the new post is relevant and adds to the overall topic, I for one see no reason to act against it.

Sorry for the diatribe. I know you didn't ask for half of this information, but it gave me a good opportunity to remind posters about the nature of necroposting. :tu:

Editing to add: I just saw cormac's Post 317 and realized this is something I should've added. In some cases, if a thread has caught your eye but it's years old and seen no activity since Moses was young, it might be worth considering starting a new thread. Ask cormac. He remembers when Moses was young. :w00t:
i did not mean to drag Moses into this, I really was just curious.  My thought for what it's worth would be if the thread was over say a year or so old, perhaps starting a new thread my be the better option.

"Democracy is two wolves deciding what to eat for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
-Thomas Jefferson-

#323    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,633 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 06 January 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

Once they've gone off to college and have freed us from their terror.

Just kidding.

Necroposting is not an action popular with many posters, but there are legitimate means to do so. There's no real age limit in place. I'm sometimes surprised to see threads that are years old pop up again. First, however, are reasons to avoid necroposting. Never do so just for the sake of bumping a thread back into the active queue of the forum. This is against UM's policies. Also, avoid the urge to do so if the comment you wish to contribute really doesn't add to the merits of the thread. Something like "This is cool and I agree" is not a post worth reading and can, in fact, be regarded as bumping. Also, don't reply to a post in a thread that was posted years ago. I see this quite often and it's irritating. The poster who wrote the original post might not even be around any longer.

Any old thread can be brought back to life at any time so long as the post you wish to contribute is relevant to the topic and adds something worth reading. I myself do not like to see old threads necroposted, but as long as the new post is relevant and adds to the overall topic, I for one see no reason to act against it.

Sorry for the diatribe. I know you didn't ask for half of this information, but it gave me a good opportunity to remind posters about the nature of necroposting. :tu:

Editing to add: I just saw cormac's Post 317 and realized this is something I should've added. In some cases, if a thread has caught your eye but it's years old and seen no activity since Moses was young, it might be worth considering starting a new thread. Ask cormac. He remembers when Moses was young. :w00t:

Yeah, back then he went by the name Bob. :w00t:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#324    qwertyuiopasdfghjkl

qwertyuiopasdfghjkl

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

al aqsa may be short for al aqsa martyrs brigade which is a coalation of pallestinian nationalist militias from the west bank it could also refer to al-aqsa mosque in jerusalam which the group get there name from


#325    Ruby123

Ruby123

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined:28 Mar 2013

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

It was probably the actual burial ground for the " Jesus of Nazareth", Which is just to take control of most of the public which they have done with theories that they have found great powers underneath it. all these worldly events are just to take away your focus. from the battle between yourself ;)


#326    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • 7,764 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostRuby123, on 28 March 2013 - 08:52 PM, said:

It was probably the actual burial ground for the " Jesus of Nazareth", Which is just to take control of most of the public which they have done with theories that they have found great powers underneath it. all these worldly events are just to take away your focus. from the battle between yourself ;)

Welcome to UM, Ruby123.

It's an unlikely burial place of any sort because Hebrews in antiquity buried their dead outside their cities and villages, and the Temple Mount was part of the ancient City of David at that time.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#327    wimfloppp

wimfloppp

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Joined:14 Jan 2013

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

was solomon the son of david


#328    woopypooky

woopypooky

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 240 posts
  • Joined:26 Apr 2007

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

solomon's ring?

the ring that can summon the devil to make a pact and win you a country.


#329    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,622 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

View Postwoopypooky, on 17 June 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

solomon's ring?

the ring that can summon the devil to make a pact and win you a country.

certainly not, the ring is as fictional as the character.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#330    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • 7,764 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 17 June 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

certainly not, the ring is as fictional as the character.

Besides which, if we stick to the readings of the Old Testament—which is the only place where Solomon really exists—his father, David, had already won the country.

Edited by kmt_sesh, 17 June 2013 - 04:15 PM.
Correcting bad grammer.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users