Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protests turn violent as thousands of

chemical-licker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...d-G20-riot.html

Protests turn violent as thousands of anti-capitalists (plus Russell Brand) converge at Bank of England for G20 riot

Protests in the City of London have turned violent today as thousands of demonstrators and police clashed outside the Bank of England.

Several hundred protesters tried to force their way through lines of officers, who hit back with batons.

Demonstrators had gathered in the capital for a series of marches to coincide with the start of the G20 Summit.

Around 1,200 demonstrators were penned in front of the Bank of England as riot vans blocked off surrounding streets and stopped hundreds of other protesters from entering the square.

predicable, but pointless :( but good luck to them anyway.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Silver Thong

• stevewinn

• Corp

• Wyvernkeeper

I'll admit there was a time when I thought these types of protesters were idiots but, ummmm not any longer !!!

Not surprising. These things seem to attract thugs who just want to fight with police. Takes away from those who are there to peacefully protest.

The great Unwashed have arrived. they are the members of society that live beyond the city walls the lepers of our time. just look at the state of them. dirty feckers. just look at them their minging. were do these people live during the rest of the year rubbish dumps or up some tree?. The protesters are the usual mix of Bob Marleys with the odd swampy thrown in for good measure.

I love the fact when the BBC NEWS talk to the protesters they all turn out to be Uni students who haven't a clue what their protesting about or where their heading. get the horses in there and cripple the lot of them. bloody students. AKA tax dodgers.

Oh I agree any protest that escalates to violence is silly and the message is lost. As far as most of the students being tax dodgers and what not does not take away from what they are protesting and what they are protesting is that it time we no longer let the man stick it to us. Besides these tax dodgers are our future, we should listen to them :P:lol:

I don't know ...... it worked for the French and Americans during their revolutions. At least they are visible about this financial mess instead of whining about it on a computer.

I don't know ...... it worked for the French and Americans during their revolutions. At least they are visible about this financial mess instead of whining about it on a computer.

:lol:

Oh I agree any protest that escalates to violence is silly and the message is lost. As far as most of the students being tax dodgers and what not does not take away from what they are protesting and what they are protesting is that it time we no longer let the man stick it to us. Besides these tax dodgers are our future, we should listen to them :P:lol:

don't be silly. a few thousand unwashed protesting in a Country of 62 Million isn't going to change the world. for a start half of the protesters don't even live in this world. let alone the one they want to create. no. its the smog of the spliffs. and has for them being the future, god help us all. its no wonder the country is already going backwards' were currently infested with the great unwashed from the 60's just ask Jacqui spliff.

Revolutions you say, you got your history book out again. fast forward to 2009. if you want to protest you do it through the ballot box. not by causing millions of pounds of damage on the streets of the capital.

don't be silly. a few thousand unwashed protesting in a Country of 62 Million isn't going to change the world. for a start half of the protesters don't even live in this world. let alone the one they want to create. no. its the smog of the spliffs. and has for them being the future, god help us all. its no wonder the country is already going backwards' were currently infested with the great unwashed from the 60's just ask Jacqui spliff.

Never claimed it would change the world and protests did help end the vietnam war. Damn hippies. Protest through the ballot box hmmmm hows that going?

The great Unwashed have arrived. they are the members of society that live beyond the city walls the lepers of our time. just look at the state of them. dirty feckers. just look at them their minging. were do these people live during the rest of the year rubbish dumps or up some tree?. The protesters are the usual mix of Bob Marleys with the odd swampy thrown in for good measure.

I love the fact when the BBC NEWS talk to the protesters they all turn out to be Uni students who haven't a clue what their protesting about or where their heading. get the horses in there and cripple the lot of them. bloody students. AKA tax dodgers.

Agreed. The only group there I have any respect for is an elderly group who are protesting against the decimation of their pensions. The rest are a pointless waste of space, what were the slogans and chants again "property ownership is theft" and "money is for losers", they won't be wanting any then, so what's the problem. Oh yeah, I forgot, it's just an excuse to act a prat and damage some property.

Edited by Sky Scanner

Revolutions you say, you got your history book out again. fast forward to 2009. if you want to protest you do it through the ballot box. not by causing millions of pounds of damage on the streets of the capital.

sometimes ballot boxes aren't enough.

:o the bank has been damaged,

Its ok they will make money from thin and add it on as debt, phew! problem solved :) i was worried for a minute

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...d-G20-riot.html

Protests turn violent as thousands of anti-capitalists (plus Russell Brand) converge at Bank of England for G20 riot

Protests in the City of London have turned violent today as thousands of demonstrators and police clashed outside the Bank of England.

Several hundred protesters tried to force their way through lines of officers, who hit back with batons.

Demonstrators had gathered in the capital for a series of marches to coincide with the start of the G20 Summit.

Around 1,200 demonstrators were penned in front of the Bank of England as riot vans blocked off surrounding streets and stopped hundreds of other protesters from entering the square.

predicable, but pointless :( but good luck to them anyway.

All over the papers here.

If history is anything to go by, the Poms take no sh!t when looking out for their own. I'd say the outcome of the summit better be smooth 'n sweet.

2009 London G20 Summit; for growth, jobs and stability :tu: ...

Bullsh!t. Just another excuse for developed nation's political hierarchy to make total pigs of themselves.

These 'protestors' are throwing things at police and smashing store windows. The French rounded up nobles and cut their heads off. They were at least active and focused in their revolution :P

These 'protestors' are throwing things at police and smashing store windows. The French rounded up nobles and cut their heads off. They were at least active and focused in their revolution :P

This might become a common practice again if the elitists and governments don't smartin up. lol

I am sure someone will blame the police and make it seem like it was the police fault.

I've never thought that there was anything wrong with a healthy protest in the streets. But you can't start smashing and damaging things. Many private businesses end up getting damaged and destroyed that way. Ones who are just trying to make an honest living.

Sometimes for me it's hard to tell for sure what they are protesting against. I'm a free-market capitalist guy. But it's the NWO, one world government / currency that scares me. Not sure if I'd totally fit in this anti G-20 protest. Maybe partly.

Sometimes for me it's hard to tell for sure what they are protesting against.

Many times the protestors aren't sure themselves.

Its good to see that the climate camp is set up and apparently not going anywhere tonight, nice to see the people of my fair city making a stand against capitalism :)

Represent all London Manz....

Big UP!

Many times the protestors aren't sure themselves.

the establishment! :ph34r:

"I will take care of those anti-capitalist scum my self my lord" - Lord Vador's response to Emporer Money bags.

Things aren't bad enough yet to warrant a protest of actual possibility. It can just be so annoying to see something that you know is wrong and not be able to do a damn thing to stop it.

But you can't start smashing and damaging things. Many private businesses end up getting damaged and destroyed that way. Ones who are just trying to make an honest living.

Nope, the only things smashed and burned were Banks :)

Unfortunately "peacful protests" and voting these days doesn't change things and the world leaders turn a blind eye to to what the people want. They are crippling the entire world.

Back in the ol' days when the masses were dying for a change the riots came and then came the beheadings. Then real change came.

The fact that some here are saying peaceful protest after peacful protest is more powerful than doing damage is just plain stupid.

Am I saying the world should just start burning things? No. But if they keep occuring, and start spreading, it will create a bigger message to our leaders than any 'peaceful protest' could ever achieve.

...And days like these a scenario like this is highly probable.

Edited by The Sweater Song