Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Chelyabinsk meteor: Many Russians unconvinced

chelyabinsk meteor

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#76    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 25 February 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" (Adam Savage)
Adam Savage sounds like he is in a religion

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#77    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,762 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 24 February 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

So you do believe all that your Government tells you about the threat from Others? Well, is there any difference from any Government telling its People that there's a danger from somewhere or other?
You say that there is a difference in that there is a real and clear and present danger from Islamic Extremists? Well, terrorists (particularly Chechens) have been quite busy in Russia; much busier, in fact, than Islamic terrorists have been in the U.S.

I do, I would not travel overseas without checking the DFAT website.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#78    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,762 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

Of course there is a CT. What the heck else is Pravda going to write about this week?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#79    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,151 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 27 February 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

I do, I would not travel overseas without checking the DFAT website.
really? Heavens. Do they say what todays Terror Alert Status is? I bet I could guess: I bet, if there was one, it would be Red. It always is.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#80    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 23 February 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

I believe it is a message from god telling them a spaceship is on its way to send a trojan horse to test  its ballistic missile out on the Russians by order of the US.... but it crashed!

Or the Doctor has performed another dodgy landing.

#81    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,762 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 27 February 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

really? Heavens. Do they say what todays Terror Alert Status is? I bet I could guess: I bet, if there was one, it would be Red. It always is.

They warn of unrest, if a coup is happening, which could be any other week in Fiji, or any other thing a traveller should be aware of, I have even have worked with them. Sample of todays headlines:

Latest news

A valuable travel resource IMHO, just as important is visiting the travel doctor. You do that I trust?

#82    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,151 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

Oh yes, that's just like the Foreign Office do, I think that's pretty much standard procedure for most Governments. I don't know how much notice anyone ever takes of it, though.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#83    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,762 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 28 February 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

Oh yes, that's just like the Foreign Office do, I think that's pretty much standard procedure for most Governments. I don't know how much notice anyone ever takes of it, though.

Really? Everyone I know how travels does. It seems a good idea to me. Look before you leap and all that. Like visiting the travel doctor to get your shots. I take it the Foreign Office is the UK version of DFAT?

Good name isn't it, DFAT. You say it how it sounds D-FAT. Mmmm Chunky.

Edited by psyche101, 28 February 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#84    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 27 February 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

Of course there is a CT. What the heck else is Pravda going to write about this week?
Anything they like as less than 0,4% of population read Pravda, and probably by nobody below age of 50, or 80....  It's nothing to do with state anymore, simply mouthpiece of Zyuganov's communist party

#85    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Top rated comment in Russian on the youtube videos is (with some liberties in translation) "Swearing by people of Chelyabinsk is so bad that meteorites burnt with shame before hitting"......

#86    Javon66

Javon66

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

its the saiyens ccall goku!

#87    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

It Figures.

#88    Shush_rules

Shush_rules

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostMedicTJ, on 24 February 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

I sincerely hope you're not basing that on some ridiculous 911 conspiracy theory, because there's no comparison.

And is it the U.S. government posting all the terror sites online that say death to America?

Is it the U.S. government burning the flag in foreign countries?

Go ahead.  Now spew out your conspiracy theory...............

Don't think that saying that the American government mislead it's citizens into supporting the decision to invade Iraq through tall tales of immediate danger from Weapons of Mass Destruction. is really counted as a 9-11 conspiracy. It's kind of awkward if you don't think that there is at least a percentage of truth in that. Big difference between not believing crazy tin-foil wearing whack-jobs and just straight up denying fact.

"There ain't no heroes no villians, ain't no pleasure in killing, just the smoke from the cap peeling a man with no feeling, Tear Drops and Closed Caskets"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users