Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida's own Chupacabra!

Shrieker_Fan

Hello,

I don't believe this has been posted yet, and I think would be neat to pass along to get other people's opinions. Recently a family in Polk County, Florida have shot and killed a animal they believe to be a Chupacabra. Fox 13 came out and has done a interview with the Fusells. The video does include the body of the supposed Chupacabra as well since they kept the body. Actually, this happened only 7 minutes or so away from me and our family are aquaintances with the Fusells. I haven't had a chance to see the animal in person myself, although I did ask about it.

Anyway, check out the video and let me know what you think.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/polk/125-family-claims-chupacabra-sighting

Florida's own mangy dog, rather.

They shot and killed a poor puppy, lord. Where will the madness end. Just because the poor thing doesn't have fur doesn't make it a friggin' monster.

• Like 1

That's just an ill dog... I don't understand how they can think it is a chupacabra when there is no evidence that suggests it is... If they had said there was dead goats in the area drained of blood then that would suggest there is "something" worth looking into, but it's just a dead canine.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

THAT LOOKS LIKE DOG, FOX, OR COYOTE WITH REALLY BAD MANGE. THATS WHAT PEOPLE ARE SEEING IN TEXAS BUT IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE ONE THAT STARTED THE WHOLE CONTROVERSY IN PUERTO RICO (I THINK I SPELLED IT RIGHT). HERE IS A RENDITION OF WHAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE.post-84051-126732052229_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oberon Delta

Oberon is it really necessary to caps everything?

Anyways

If local biologist identified it as a type of dog doesn't that pretty much rap it up? If they are skeptical why not get a second opinion, have a vet or biologist examine it without them knowing what the first biologist identified it as.

THAT LOOKS LIKE DOG, FOX, OR COYOTE WITH REALLY BAD MANGE. THATS WHAT PEOPLE ARE SEEING IN TEXAS BUT IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE ONE THAT STARTED THE WHOLE CONTROVERSY IN PUERTO RICO (I THINK I SPELLED IT RIGHT). HERE IS A RENDITION OF WHAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE.post-84051-126732052229_thumb.jpg

Technically if it does suck the blood of goats, it doesn't matter what it looks like it would be a chupacabra, as Chupacabra mean goat sucker...

Given dogs can't suck blood, I would say that--all technicalities considered--this still is not a chuppy.

poor thing, they shot a defenseless canid.

disgusting.

"To get a better look, S.L. Fussell shot it."

This is the answer to everything !!!!!

WTF is wrong with people? ( not to mention , thing was scared to death hiding up a tree , Mr. Fussell gets my coward of the year award....OP , please forward that mesage to your neighbor...

Does Florida have laws against harming domestic animals?....I know most States do , if so is S.L. Fussell exempt from this law?.....

Can someone in Florida shoot a strange looking person to " get a better look" and not get a manslaughter charge?.....

Rednecks , gotta love em'

Edited by Sakari

When they verify that this was in fact a dog, I hope the guy gets charged with animal cruelty. :tu:

"To get a better look, S.L. Fussell shot it."

This is the answer to everything !!!!!

WTF is wrong with people? ( not to mention , thing was scared to death hiding up a tree , Mr. Fussell gets my coward of the year award....OP , please forward that mesage to your neighbor...

Does Florida have laws against harming domestic animals?....I know most States do , if so is S.L. Fussell exempt from this law?.....

Can someone in Florida shoot a strange looking person to " get a better look" and not get a manslaughter charge?.....

Rednecks , gotta love em'

"It's not that I even like guns, it's just that they keep solving all my problems for me!" - Gordon Freeman, Freeman's Mind.

Hmm, it looks like a dog... IT MUST BE A CUPACABRA!

lol i want to know whats going through these guys minds!

Poor puppy

EDIT: CAPITALS! LOL

Edited by Cryptid_Control

Oberon is it really necessary to caps everything?

Anyways

If local biologist identified it as a type of dog doesn't that pretty much rap it up? If they are skeptical why not get a second opinion, have a vet or biologist examine it without them knowing what the first biologist identified it as.

Oops sorry. LOL I didn't turn the caps lock off when I was typing. lol But I have to say caps look so much better LOL

Hello,

I don't believe this has been posted yet, and I think would be neat to pass along to get other people's opinions. Recently a family in Polk County, Florida have shot and killed a animal they believe to be a Chupacabra. Fox 13 came out and has done a interview with the Fusells. The video does include the body of the supposed Chupacabra as well since they kept the body. Actually, this happened only 7 minutes or so away from me and our family are aquaintances with the Fusells. I haven't had a chance to see the animal in person myself, although I did ask about it.

Anyway, check out the video and let me know what you think.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/polk/125-family-claims-chupacabra-sighting

The feet look interesting. More photos please!!

The feet look interesting. More photos please!!

...they look like a dog's feet? That's what a paw looks like when it isn't covered with fur.

How anyone could think this is anything but a dog is beyond me. Poor thing :(

• 1 year later...

I'm sorry if this is counted as necro-posting, but I haven't been around to reply back for quite some time, and remembered I posted this and wanted to follow up with additional information.

For all of you that say it is a dog, it looks like one to me as well. I actually found out about the "chupacabra" before Fox 13 did the report. From what I was told, the Fusells were hunting, when they seen multiple of these things in a tree. They shot one, and the others took off. There was more detail, but that's what I remember. I wanted to see the body for myself, and was told by our family's friend that they would look into it. I never got to, but Fox 13 did, and that's what the video revieled. I don't know if the Fusells still have the body or not, but either way, I thought it was an interesting story and figured I'd share with the UM community for opinions.

I'm no expert but I think I know a dog when I see it. Look at the eyes--in front like a predator, the feet--dog, the teeth-canid, the tail--canid length and orientation. It's a dog.

i hope chupacabra gets proved before i die.

I am sorry to say you will be dissapointed.

Like with all of this silliness, 20 years ago someone would have simply said, "go shoot that mangy dog".

Now it's CHUPACABRA!!!!!!

must have been a slow news day in Tampa huh? :rolleyes:

i honestly and sincerely hope the redneck gets arrested for animal abuse, as he obviously shot a poor defenseless dog in the woods. the web page even has a link to the Peruvian Inca Orchid (weird name for a dog) which is a RARE breed of dog. so i'm really hoping the dumb ****er gets slapped with some kind of extra penalty for that as well. when they 1st showed the "chup" it was painfully obvious it was a dog. ****ing jerks.

*HATE cruelty towards dogs, just flat out hate it.

Edited by minuteman

i hope chupacabra gets proved before i die.

This is the kind of thinking that perpetuates this nonsense. This person hopes the creature will be confirmed. Why? Some people seem to NEED stuff like this to be true. Apparently reality is just not interesting enough.

What I really need to know is how this keeps getting on the news.

• Like 1

What I really need to know is how this keeps getting on the news.

It takes their minds off of the trashed real estate market down there.

Edited by sinewave