Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Does white sounds effect lucid dreaming?

Silmiss

I usually run a fan next to me when I sleep, as it's a sleeping aid that helps me goto sleep fast. The night that I had the vivid lucid dream 2 days ago I was NOT running the fan. Could the fan or other white sounds effect lucid dreaming?

I am asking this because this morning I found myself naturally waking right out of the delta zone and to the natural REM sleep, as i found myself dozing off into though. (Around 4:00) I put my mind to Lucid Dreaming and went to sleep, but was slightly frustrated when I woke up at 7:00 (Atleast I had a dream to put in my dream journal)

Edited by Silmiss

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White Crane Feather

• Silmiss

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it certainly does. Especially if it's the kind that rotates back and forth. This has the same effect as a hypnotist's watch and the processes used in EMDR therapy. I have had several powerfull altered state exsperience induced accidentally with an occelating fan. A white noise also acts as a point of focus that one can attach their conciousness to as their body falls asleep to achieve a mind awake body asleep state. Drumming achieves this aswell.

Edited by White Crane Feather