Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

finding your guide

lolaivanna

Does anyone have a spirit guide ?

how do you know its your right guide ?

if anyone has any tips on meditation techniques i would appreciate it ..also does anyone have them come in the form of dreams .. just wondering if you had positive/negative experiences too .

would love to hear any stories of your journey .. i been swaying to this concept but my diety would be of the moon as i believe that is source of energy in the spiritual selves/earth this is something im still learning ..so please be open-minded with me . Thanks :)

http://www.spiritual...ctofmoon_on_man

I met a psychic once at a hotel in London where I was working, and one of the questions I asked him was do we really have a spirit guide looking after us.

In answer to that question, he asked me if I would mind if he stood closely behind me, and he would be able to tell me who my spirit guide is, by passing his spirit into my body.

He said he was able to make his spirit leave his body at will, and this ability he had developed from early childhood, but would need my permission to allow his spirit to enter my body.

So this I did, and I then got the impression he went into a trance for a short while as he was standing behind me, after which he told me that he had seen my spirit guide who he described as a brown monk.

So that's how I discovered I had a brown monk as my spirit guide.

I have never seen my spirit guide in person while meditating, although sometimes I do become aware of a pair of dark eyes staring at me through the darkness in front of my closed eyes. Pure speculation I know, but I do feel these eyes are watching over me. :)

• Like 1

I have had a experience like that.. like about the eyes staring in front of your closed eyes made me go kinda dizzy though lol that was when i was meditating but Ive also had a lot more in my dream like state but subconsciously not feeling as though im asleep and that bothered me more because it just would not go away not sure if it was a guide !! so ???

by the way thanks for sharing that with me ..I find it so interesting :)

I'm only too glad to share that experience with you, it was certainly an experience I will never forget. :)

• Like 1

I have had a experience like that.. like about the eyes staring in front of your closed eyes made me go kinda dizzy though lol that was when i was meditating but Ive also had a lot more in my dream like state but subconsciously not feeling as though im asleep and that bothered me more because it just would not go away not sure if it was a guide !! so ???

Yes I see those eyes quite often, they seem to come out of the darkness and after a while fade away.

Another thing I've noticed when I start to meditate, is I'm not fully aware of the darkness behind my closed eyes until some time into the meditation, which is when the darkness becomes more apparent to me, it's a bit like the mind is beginning to focus in on the darkness.

I have also experienced that feeling of being between a sleep state and awake state at the same time, it's really weird. :)

I was driving in Kansas, headed to Colorado, listening to Shakti Gwain's creative visualization tape (long ago). At a certain point in the road and on the tape, an image to two faces flashed before my eyes. Yes, while I was driving. Both were beautiful females, one with a blonde hair, one with brunette hair. I have always considered them my angels, my guides.

Then when Delores Cannon, RIP (what a blessed' lady!) hypnotized me along with a group of people, with the intent to meet our guides, all I saw were brown shoes because she used the term "he". Then everything went blank but the word "Ur" or "U R". Later I learned that it was a ancient civilazation. I cannot make heads or tales of it. However I do pay attention when Ur is mentioned anywhere.

• Like 2

it is weird and your right its like seeing through darkness its like a light or pathway and i m aware of it as a long but amazing journey :) !! if that makes sense !!

• Like 1

I was driving in Kansas, headed to Colorado, listening to Shakti Gwain's creative visualization tape (long ago). At a certain point in the road and on the tape, an image to two faces flashed before my eyes. Yes, while I was driving. Both were beautiful females, one with a blonde hair, one with brunette hair. I have always considered them my angels, my guides.

Then when Delores Cannon, RIP (what a blessed' lady!) hypnotized me along with a group of people, with the intent to meet our guides, all I saw were brown shoes because she used the term "he". Then everything went blank but the word "Ur" or "U R". Later I learned that it was a ancient civilazation. I cannot make heads or tales of it. However I do pay attention when Ur is mentioned anywhere.

thanks for that so interesting really enjoyed reading :) !!

it is weird and your right its like seeing through darkness its like a light or pathway and i m aware of it as a long but amazing journey :) !! if that makes sense !!

That's a good way of describing it, and sometimes in the darkness I have noticed what looks like swirling hazy clouds moving around to.

When I started to regain consciousness during yesterdays meditation, still with my eyes closed though, I became aware of small images of peoples faces which were in perfect colour.

These small images looked like the kind of picture you would see in a photo, they appeared one at a time in different areas of the darkness, which seemed to cover a much wider field of view than I would normally see with my eyes closed. I can remember focusing my consciousness on each facial image in turn as it appeared, before disappearing from view to be replaced by another one. :)

• Like 1

I've thought a lot about how I would react to seeing a guide. I don't think I will be able to trust them. Guess that's why no one has stepped forward as a guide to me during the couple ap experiences I've had. I'm ok with that though. For now anyway

• Like 1

Does anyone have a spirit guide ?

how do you know its your right guide ?

if anyone has any tips on meditation techniques i would appreciate it ..also does anyone have them come in the form of dreams .. just wondering if you had positive/negative experiences too .

would love to hear any stories of your journey .. i been swaying to this concept but my diety would be of the moon as i believe that is source of energy in the spiritual selves/earth this is something im still learning ..so please be open-minded with me . Thanks :)

http://www.spiritual...ctofmoon_on_man

Hi there, spirit guides come in several forms for me. I have quite a few non corporal friends. Just my own personal classifications here. A true guild is a close spirit that is part of your learning process they generally stick with you through many learning experiences. Greater teachers. These seem to be much larger spirits that want to teach you. Angles. Angles are much different, they seem to be more like protectors and mediators. It seems that they have assignments and can share these assignments. Animal guide. For me animal guides have always been a real animal though several guides shape change into specific animals that represent their roles. This is probably more of a perception issue.

Nearly all of my exsperience have been the result of vision quests, or out of body exspereinces. A few have been when in a meditation induced altered state.

;)

• Like 2

enjoyed reading your experiences :) I think sometimes it is a weary feeling finding your true guide i always ponder with trust i suppose but at the same time there is a comfort in the calling .and a desire to meet my great teacher as you call it white crane feather :) !! thanks so much for the replies .

enjoyed reading your experiences :) I think sometimes it is a weary feeling finding your true guide i always ponder with trust i suppose but at the same time there is a comfort in the calling .and a desire to meet my great teacher as you call it white crane feather :) !! thanks so much for the replies .

When they first came to me I was not seeking them, I was merely seeking. I think there is way to much emphasis on the try and not enough emphasis on the be. In the beginning I did not have labels or expectations. I never read books that told me what to expect. I did not discover similarities until latter. I simply started to act how I thought I should act. I wanted to be what I wanted to be ( if that makes any sense). I followed my inner voice ( still do) to a fault. for good or ill it seems.

My advice for anyone wanting to be spiritual is to start acting spiritual and stop trying to be be spiritual. We have lots of good role models from Jesus to the Bhuddha and many others. This dosnt mean you have to start acting all esoteric and aloof either. People that act that way are playing an image game. Look at the actions of our spiritual leaders and live that way. Some common themes are solitary travel in the wilderness, meditation, extension to others and nature, defeat of temptations and victory over the manifestations of darkness ( mostly internal), sharing of spiritual awareness. Just a start.

I can almost gurantee if you walk the walk and have a way to experience the constructs needed to have a meaningfull dialogue, you will one day met them, but I don't suggest dwelling on that aspect. Meeting guides was never a goal of mine it just happened. I suspect they come when you are ready.

• Like 3