Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

More NASA UFO's?

ufo nasa

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

Poll: Are these UFO's? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

1. Yes (22 votes [43.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.14%

2. No (29 votes [56.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1321    Pericynthion

Pericynthion

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 20 November 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

You're right, and I said that even before you did.  Remember?

Mitchell never mentioned any UFO incident on Apollo 14, although those "blue light" pictures have been publicly known for quite a while.

I find that very interesting too, but have no more information about it than what I already posted.

The "blue lights" on the Apollo 14 images aren't real objects.  They're blemishes on the film.  I believe they're static electricity discharge marks.  They occur quite frequently on magazine 66 and they're always oriented in the direction of film travel through the camera.  Here's a frame where the marks appear on top of the lunar module:

AS14-66-9276

Posted Image

And a here's a closeup crop from the high resolution version:

Posted Image

#1322    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Some people thought the Blue Lights were just "whim whams" made up to sell newspapers, which only proves that the more things change the more they stay the same:

Because many members of the Federalist Party opposed the war and advocated peace with Britain, those party members were soon labeled, derisively, “Blue Light Federalists,” and there were suggestions they were behind the signals. Samuel Green, the editor of the Connecticut Gazette, confronted by angry townspeople who refused to believe in lights or traitors, was sympathetic to Decatur and chastised the nay-sayers in his newspaper: “Some petulant scribblers of this place continue through the Boston prints to trouble the public and disturb good neighbors with their whim-whams about the blue lights.”

But in his Proceedings piece, Jordan seems swayed by the skeptics: “… many believed the lights were shown from fishermen pursuing their peaceful trade, or perhaps were merely the reflection of the setting sun.… It was said that similar signals were again displayed in January and answered by the British ships, but no one was ever accused of the crime, and no proof was offered on either side to support or disprove the Commodore’s report.” Perhaps Decatur, once a hero, had proven inept and had hatched an excuse to mitigate his failure to run the blockade.

#1323    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostPericynthion, on 20 November 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

The "blue lights" on the Apollo 14 images aren't real objects.  They're blemishes on the film.  I believe they're static electricity discharge marks.  They occur quite frequently on magazine 66 and they're always oriented in the direction of film travel through the camera.  Here's a frame where the marks appear on top of the lunar module:

AS14-66-9276

And a here's a closeup crop from the high resolution version:

Well, well, well, here's someone we haven't seen around here in quite a long while.

#1324    Pericynthion

Pericynthion

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 20 November 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Well, well, well, here's someone we haven't seen around here in quite a long while.

I'm on vacation this week, so I have some free time.  Care to comment on the image I just posted?  Does that satisfy you that these are just film artifacts?

#1325    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostPericynthion, on 20 November 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

I'm on vacation this week, so I have some free time.  Care to comment on the image I just posted?  Does that satisfy you that these are just film artifacts?

I'm interested enough now to start looking into it some more.  On this website, someone claims that the images created on Apollo 14's DAC movie camera were due to lens flare caused by artificial lighting.  Have you heard of that before?

http://www.google.co...9,r:1,s:0,i:77

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1326    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Then someone else claimed that NASA was "mucking about" with all the images, which I have heard many times before.  There was quite a long discussion about it which I just don't have enough time to read at the moment.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 20 November 2012 - 07:36 PM.

#1327    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,630 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

The flare is from studio lights.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#1328    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,047 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

View Postbee, on 20 November 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

@bmk...

IF Edgar Mitchell had got his info from a couple of girls you might have a point..... :P

Sometimes grownups are more imaginative than kids...
If you don't like aforementioned example, how about you believing in B.Cathie's nonsense?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#1329    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostPericynthion, on 20 November 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Hey Peri, good to see you.  Hope you enjoy your vacation.  :tu:

#1330    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,047 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

View PostPericynthion, on 20 November 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

[...]
I thought it was cosmic ray hitting camera (in Apollo photos McG posted), something like

Posted Image
A cosmic ray hit on a camera appears as a segmented line in the image. Credit: NASA/Don Pettit.
‘Seeing’ Cosmic Rays in Space

Guess (in Apollo photos case), electric discharge makes way more sense because of orientation.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#1331    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,614 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 20 November 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

Hey Peri, good to see you.  Hope you enjoy your vacation.  :tu:

I agree, we don't see you enough around here Peri. It's good to know you haven't forgotten about us. :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#1332    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

I've been looking back through the last few pages looking at this "blue light" phenomenon.
I didn't see this picture posted.
My apologies if it already was...
I downloaded this pic some time ago and do not recall the source, so I make no claims as to it's authenticity.
Regarding this phenomena, I would have to agree with a previous post, that these artefacts are possibly caused by a static discharge within the camera itself or during the film development/printing phase.
In my younger years, I was an avid amateur photographer and developed and printed my own black and whites for a number of years.  I switched to color reproduction when the price and availability of equipment became feasible.  I recall seeing such blue marks on my prints and being puzzled by it.  I had a professional see my prints once and right away he said it was static discharges either happening within the camera, when I was transferring the film to a development canister, or when I was removing my photo paper from the light proof envelope within the dark room.  He gave me a few tips on how to ground myself and equipment during the development process.  This still left the possibility of it occuring within the camera, however, it virtually eliminated it happening during the development phase.
Using his suggestions, the frequency of the appearance was greatly reduced.
I'm not saying that is what we are viewing in these Moon shots, however in my mind it is certainly a possibility.
My gut feeling is that what we are viewing here is a film or development anomaly.
I remain eager to be proven wrong, and that indeed we are viewing some evidence of ET's!

Posted Image

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#1333    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,047 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 20 November 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

[...]  I recall seeing such blue marks on my prints and being puzzled by it.  [...]
Have you, on occasion,  one of those photos (if survived I don't need this, and this, and...? Just for comparison.

#1334    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

There are quite a few of these pictures from the Apollo missions, usually explained as reflections, lens flares, film artifacts and so on.

Posted Image

1971 - Apollo 15. This photograph is from NASA, and some say we are looking at a UFO on the Moon at the time of Apollo 15 mission. Reference: NASA AS15-85/08.
This bluish light mass has been explained as either debris from the capsule or some camera anomaly. Still, a very good picture, and quite a conversation piece.

Posted Image

1972 - Apollo 16, Moon Mission Dates: April 16-27, CDR: John W. Young, CMP: Kenneth Mattingly, LMP: Charles Duke, Importance: Explored the Moon's rocky central highlands. NASA archives (photo No AS16-109-17804)
Mission Apollo 16 on the Moon. Astronaut John Young on rim of Plum crater gathering lunar rock samples. UFO at top right.

http://www.ufocasebo...opictures3.html

#1335    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 20 November 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

The flare is from studio lights.

I didn't mean that, of course.  I just thought they had their own lights set up there on the moon.  I think I have seen pictures of that, where they had their own lighting near the lunar landers. That never seemed like a big mystery to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users