Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CIA forgets explosives on schoolbus

questionmark

LEESBURG , Va., April 1 (UPI) -- The CIA admitted that after a training exercise it left "explosive training material" aboard a Virginia school bus later used by elementary and high school students.

The Loudoun County, Va., Sheriff's Office and the CIA, in separate statements Thursday, acknowledged the school buses were used during spring break in training scenarios at Briar Woods High School. The CIA statement indicated the exercises involved explosives-sniffing dogs.

A container of "explosive training material," described by Loudon school spokesman Wayde Byard as a soft, putty-type explosive, appropriate for battlefield demolition and stable unless a detonator is inserted, was found in the engine compartment of a school bus during routine maintenance after students returned to classes.

Read more

Our "protectors" make me feel safer every day!

• Like 5

Lets be fair, the CIA later recovered the explosives that they inadvertently exposed untold numbers of children to. And that has to count for something other than criminal negligence, right?

• Like 3

the myth busters used plastic explosives to cook with. plastics will not go off without a detonator. in other words the kids were in no danger. but, yea it was stupiod not to make sure you got it all back.

Edited by danielost
  • Like 1

We seem to be a lot more at risk from our own government organisations than from any terrorists they're supposedly after (which they wont catch if the bomb-sniffing dogs didn't find this package...).

• Like 1

the myth busters used plastic explosives to cook with. plastics will not go off without a detonator. in other words the kids were in no danger. but, yea it was stupiod not to make sure you got it all back.

_I've_ cooked with C4, before. It burns clean, with little smoke, and is totally safe... unless you try to step on it to put it out. A chunk the size of the end of your thumb will heat an MRE, warm water to shave, AND make a single cup of VERY hot coffee.

• Like 1

_I've_ cooked with C4, before. It burns clean, with little smoke, and is totally safe... unless you try to step on it to put it out. A chunk the size of the end of your thumb will heat an MRE, warm water to shave, AND make a single cup of VERY hot coffee.

they disproved that. they went so far as to shot it with an f-15, no boom.

If it was the type of explosive I think it is (based on the description) no one was in any danger. The materiel can be shot, catch fire, ect and nothing would happe .

i'm surprised they did not forget the dog on the bus

They did but the kids adopted it as a stray. The dog is currectly enjoying an early retirement consisting of playing fetch the ball and receiving belly rubs from around 20 kids a day. Well that and a bit of weight gain from all the school food scraps surreptitiously put under the cafeteria tables.

:innocent:

• Like 1

lol, funny story, however those dogs are trained to attack, not an adoptable material, i would not let my kid near any police dog except sniffers. they have been attacking children too many times. as much as i love dogs, i think these dogs need to be put down after their service ends.

Edited by aztek

lol, funny story, however those dogs are trained to attack, not an adoptable material, i would not let my kid near any police dog except sniffers. they have been attacking children too many times. as much as i love dogs, i think these dogs need to be put down after their service ends.

the bomb and drug sniffing dogs are not trained to attack. they just give a jester if there is a bomb. police k-9 dogs only attack if ordered to do so or if their officer is under attack. since the order in the usa is given in german.

Edited by danielost

Edited by LV-426