Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Westboro to Picket Sandy School [merged]

Sakari

I know this has been mentioned in the thread about the shooting, but I think it needs its own thread, to get the word out.....Write congressmen, write Hells Angels, and most important.....

Write The Patriot Guard Riders: http://www.patriotguard.org/

Less than 48 hours after the Connecticut school shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT, which took place on Dec. 14, the Westboro Baptist Church is already making plans to picket. The Westboro Baptist Church is known for picketing and protesting at funerals across the country.

“Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment,”

http://www.examiner.com/article/connecticut-school-shooting-westboro-baptist-church-planning-to-picket

• Like 5

Frankly, if their God kills children because of something people totally unrelated to them have done then I'd rather be an Atheist.

• Like 8

If these people actually show up, I think there will be violence. Emotions are much too raw and there's a chance that some of them will get beaten down. While I believe they deserve anything they get - it still would be an unseemly event to happen as the citizens are trying to show their respect to these grieving families. In a way, I think the spectacle of these protesters would be one offense too many. They are vile and sub human IMO.

• Like 4

Frankly, if their God kills children because of something people totally unrelated to them have done then I'd rather be an Atheist.

Now you understand how I feel and why I am a Atheist.

• Like 2

Please keep in mind that these nut jobs do not reflect the beliefs of most/many/not even a fraction of the Christian faith.... I don't wish any physical harm to come to them... but I wouldn't mind if they just disappeared.

• Like 5

I wouldn't mind for Westboro Baptist Church to disappear off the face of the earth.

• Like 4

These sort of actions breed the kind of monsters that kill children.

ANYONE with a plaqard on that day "except their children" deserve a (expletive) smack in the side of the head.

Edited to add: I oppose violence.. But Freedom of speech in this case promotes it..

Edited by Professor T

If these people actually show up, I think there will be violence. Emotions are much too raw and there's a chance that some of them will get beaten down. While I believe they deserve anything they get - it still would be an unseemly event to happen as the citizens are trying to show their respect to these grieving families. In a way, I think the spectacle of these protesters would be one offense too many. They are vile and sub human IMO.

If they show up I think there should be violence.

Why has there never been a mass shooting at the Westboro church?

• Like 3

Please keep in mind that these nut jobs do not reflect the beliefs of most/many/not even a fraction of the Christian faith.... I don't wish any physical harm to come to them... but I wouldn't mind if they just disappeared.

I'm Catholic Dred, it's just those people disgut me, tar me by association and given the entire human race a bad name.
  • Like 2

:no: They are a few passages short of a Scripture(or is it the other way around)?

If these nutbags disappeared off the face of the earth, I would not shed a tear!!

• Like 3

What do you mean not a fraction of the Christian belief? Of course they are a fraction, maybe a small fraction, but still part of it You have to remember one thing- There are such things as bad Christians and good Christians ..

A rotten apple can spoil the entire barrel .. I feel these Christian baptists do not give a flying monkeys for the other Christians looking bad..

• Like 4

What do you mean not a fraction of the Christian belief? Of course they are a fraction, maybe a small fraction, but still part of it You have to remember one thing- There are such things as bad Christians and good Christians ..

A rotten apple can spoil the entire barrel .. I feel these Christian baptists do not give a flying monkeys for the other Christians looking bad..

I agree BM. I just didn't want everyone lumping this deranged group with the rest of main stream Christianity. I myself don't qualify myself as any of these denominations.

• Like 1

Remember that the State Police will be there with many troopers, as well as local law.

I don't see much actual violence happening.

But a "shouting match"? Now that a different story.

I agree BM. I just didn't want everyone lumping this deranged group with the rest of main stream Christianity. I myself don't qualify myself as any of these denominations.

Well intelligent people will not lump them all to the same stick ... You and I and others here know that these numptys are not like the rest of Christians we know of..

If I were to claim that the WBC were in the same line as every other Christian out there, then I am insulting my family members who are good Christians.. I am not that stupid lol

• Like 2

Oh come on... WBC isn't Christian. They are just a big family that hides behind the bible to be able to legally pull off the crap they do.

I don't think they will be able to pull off a protest on this one at all. They may rant online, even try to send some folks out that way. But I'm betting they will be blocked without even coming close.

• Like 5

Remember that the State Police will be there with many troopers, as well as local law.

I don't see much actual violence happening.

But a "shouting match"? Now that a different story.

I wonder when Westboro will arrive... the whole situation will become a bit different if they are there the same time as Obama... if I'm not mistaken the SS can have them removed as a "threat". Wasn't there some backlash about some type of order that stated you couldn't protest within a certain range of the president... I seem to remember a thread about that at some point but don't quote me on it.

Oh come on... WBC isn't Christian. They are just a big family that hides behind the bible to be able to legally pull off the crap they do.

I don't think they will be able to pull off a protest on this one at all. They may rant online, even try to send some folks out that way. But I'm betting they will be blocked without even coming close.

I disagree, they carry the christian label.. I call them bad Christians, because we know fine well that not every Christian will be what is known as a true christian.,..Christianity has bad and good christians.. Lots of bad Christians hide behind their bibles to cause trouble, not just those baptists.. Trouble varies, whether it be getting on other peoples faces, condeming and getting into fights over faith, all points to being what I call the bad christians .. As for their stupid protests and picketing, if they get away with it, it will show you how bad things really are

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I think they should receive a financial boycott. Find out how they are getting their money and cut it off at the source.

• Like 1

Just one question to Tea Partiers and the Religious Right Wingers with their love of god and guns.

Where was GOD that day?

Now waiting fot the excuses.

Just one question to Tea Partiers and the Religious Right Wingers with their love of god and guns.

Where was GOD that day?

What about the agnostics / atheists that love their guns?......Like me?

• Like 1

Where was GOD that day?

Your words just serve to remind that hate comes from all over the political spectrum. No group is immune. Nothing special about you man.... you're as common as the rest. But with fewer manners.
  • Like 4