Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

lots of sharks

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61    kobie

kobie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

• Life is lifes ultimate goal, to achieve a boundless intricate web of limitless possibilities.

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:29 PM

where starting to get sharks appear around southern england now.....shows ya

Users/repro/Desktop/dimsum-3.jpg

#62    Mr Black

Mr Black

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

• If the Avvie made you smile once, i'm happy

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:30 PM

Your right, many sightings of great whites...........non confirmed that i know of!....

*WARNING* - Expect typos!

JB FAQ

* I have a dry sense of humour, any sarcasm that offends was not meant to do so.
    * I am a sceptic at heart, however am open minded to new ideas and experiences
    * If i dont reply ive probably lost track of the thread overnight and cannot be bothered to trawl through new posts

#63    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:15 PM

Sharks have been in England for sometime...

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#64    truethat

truethat

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:29 PM

How's this for a scary story.  I went to Cyprus one summer thinking that there are no sharks in the Mediterranean  Sea.   Went on a raft and fell asleep in the sun drifting.  I was on one of those blow up floats that you use in the pool.

Guess what woke me up?  A boat with some sort of beach patrol on it and they kept talking to me to get in the boat but I said "Oh sorry I'll go back in."

I look up and the balls on the shoreline net were the size of this smilie:    wink2.gif  But I stuck my legs through the hole in the raft and swam back in.  The boat followed me the whole time and came into shore actually which really embarrassed me.  It was  a big boat.  They went off to find the life guard and it turns out the guy went to get a frappe and wasn't there. LOL.

Well after we came back from vacation I found out they pulled a 10 foot shark off the coast of Cyprus.

I sometimes have a dream where instead of the boat waking me up its a shark.....shuddder shudder shudder

#65    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:33 PM

The Mediterranean is a hot shark fishing place...

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

#66    m. Moe

m. Moe

UMs Official Fiend

• 1,730 posts

• I'm that evil voice in your head that tells you to burn things.

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:35 PM

Pfft, we even have them in Canada. The first time I went to the ocean was for sailing, and I found out that they have sharks around where I was sailing I freaked out. Atleast until they explained they wouldn't hurt me, but then I was stung by a jellyfish. And that is why I am afraid of jellyfish now, and not sharks. wink2.gif

Posted Image
Signature by the_scorpian
"Sweet lovely death, I'm waiting for your breath, come sweet death one last caress"
Congrats, you found my subliminal message. Now pat yourself on the back and stop highlighting my signature

#67    glynne64

glynne64

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

• "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

~~Albert Einstein~~

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:36 PM

How's this for a scary story.  I went to Cyprus one summer thinking that there are no sharks in the Mediterranean  Sea.   Went on a raft and fell asleep in the sun drifting.  I was on one of those blow up floats that you use in the pool.

Guess what woke me up?  A boat with some sort of beach patrol on it and they kept talking to me to get in the boat but I said "Oh sorry I'll go back in."

I look up and the balls on the shoreline net were the size of this smilie:    wink2.gif  But I stuck my legs through the hole in the raft and swam back in.  The boat followed me the whole time and came into shore actually which really embarrassed me.  It was  a big boat.  They went off to find the life guard and it turns out the guy went to get a frappe and wasn't there. LOL.

Well after we came back from vacation I found out they pulled a 10 foot shark off the coast of Cyprus.

I sometimes have a dream where instead of the boat waking me up its a shark.....shuddder shudder shudder

Yeah, hella scary!  I can hear the shark now, "Care if I have a bite?"  ohmy.gif
Glad you made it out okay!

Posted Image
R U on the list?
HEROES HOMEPAGE

Good things seldom come in pairs.
Bad things never walk alone.
~Chinese proverb~

#68    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:01 PM

Always have, nothing shocking, remember the great white is a cold water shark, not as a news program once stated, tropical. We have always had Makos, basking sharks, porbeagles, threshers, blues, various types of cat shark, scalloped hammerheads and even tigers in the summer. I remember seeing 3m threshers off Scotland when I was younger and 10 metre basking sharks off the Isle of Mann. Porbeaglesare also known as Beuamaris sharks, because of the sharks commonality in north Wales.

Edited by Mattshark, 11 January 2007 - 03:06 PM.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#69    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:03 PM

The great white was first  discovered in the med nearly 2500 years ago, they have black tips and copper sharks to as well as many species of carpet shark and cat shark and blues occasionally enter near Portugal. Last summer was the first recording of tigers in the med however.

YNWA

#70    truethat

truethat

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:12 PM

Don't tell me that.  Oh wow you have no idea how far out I was floating on a raft with my legs and arms hanging off.

Can anyone say hors d'oeuvres

#71    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:25 PM

Don't tell me that.  Oh wow you have no idea how far out I was floating on a raft with my legs and arms hanging off.

Can anyone say hors d'oeuvres

Your ok, as I said, more chance of a New Yorker biting you than a shark or a vending machine crushing you.

YNWA

#72    truethat

truethat

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:27 PM

Your ok, as I said, more chance of a New Yorker biting you than a shark or a vending machine crushing you.

Yeah but when a New Yorker bites you it doesn't rip half your leg off !

#73    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:29 PM

Lol, most sharks won't either and they for the most part can not even digest people and have shown dislike for the taste of humans.

YNWA

#74    explorer

explorer

Psychic Spy

• 1,282 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:17 PM

I don't know if this is true but there is a shark story from a book called 'Is Your Face Red' by Candy Baker (about embarrassing moments, not blood). The very last story in it is about the filming of Jaws.

"A stuntman on the film Jaws, got the worst fright of his life during one day's filming. His job that day was to don a suit of day-glo blue, get into a day-glo cage and be submerged. With the aid of horse shanks, he was to tempt some Aussie sharks into a feeding frenzy which would be filmed from above. While the cage was being checked the stuntman sat on deck and drank a cup of coffee. Suddenly there was an explosion of water - a shark leapt over the stern - took the cage in its jaws and disappeared over the starboard side. The stuntman did not panic. He simply put down his cup of coffee, walked to the hold of the boat and locked himself in. He did not emerge until the next day, despite earnest entreaties. When one of the crew tried to pry open the lock, the stuntman simply held onto the lock and refused to answer any questions. Valerie Taylor, Australia's resident shark expert, decided not to waste the day's shoot. She went down to get some footage, without the cage."
Slightly edited for brevity.

What a sight that would be. Great whites have quite a leap.

#75    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:26 PM

it's worse than that!

-Frogfish-
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users