Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lycans

deadtotheworld

So basically, if I tell you "Lycanthropes are real" and your immeaditly going to ask for all sorts of proof, you're in the wrong place, and can leave this topic now. I'm telling you this so that we dont have to go through tons if, "I WANT PICTURES" posts and such.

Now, with that as a warning, if you still go on to post comments like that, you'll only look stupid.

Now, for the big three words most humans cant stand; Lycanthropes are real. I know what you're thinking already: impossible, prove it, unscientific, blah blah blah. Well, I can tell you that I know it's true, because I am one (hold's breath for the 'I want pictures' comments). Now, before you race off to post, let me explain. I am not, nor do I know of any Lycans that can transform. Not to say it's not possible, I just haven't ever seen it happen, or had it happen myself. Lycanthropy is more of a mind state, our bodies dont physically transform, only mentally.

I know, I know: thats not a real werewolf, right? Well, I dont know if you've noticed, but people have a tendicy to dramatize everything until it's so blatantly rediculous that no one beleives the truth. It funny, in a sad sort of way. There are many lycans in this world, though we do like to keep ourselves fairly hidden in the world, not telling people who or what we are. So bassically, you could be working with a Lycan and not even know it.

Our senses are higher than humans, though not as much as a true wolf's. I once spoke to a Lycan who wore glasses. And the full moon does have an effect on us, though not so much as the Hollywood movies try to make it. It's more like a drug for us, but doesn't drive us totally nuts.

There's lots about up that humans dont know, like the fact that I've never been poisoned by silver (then again I've never dared to press the stuff to an open wound) though it feels very hot, like it just came out of a fire, but not hot enough to burn.

So, Im still expecting a few stupid comments, humans can't often accept what they cant prove (kudos to those of you that can). And I'm willing to answer as many comments as I can. But be warned that I dont know everything about my race (I'd like to see you answer everything about humans).

• Like 4

It depends on the Lycan. It's not like we're monsters, so theres no reason people cant know about us. but you also have to realize that most humans see us as crazy, and maybe we are. But do you really want to have to live in a world where everyone thinks you're crazy? No, it's better for those around you to think that you're just like them. It's better to just fit in. So we dont tend to tell people we know in real life about us, for fear of rejection. Just because we're diffrent doesnt mean we dont want to be accepted.

• Like 1

Mentally I suppose. I've never experianced the transformation that most beleive Lycans go through, though I can say I have rather wolfish qualities. ;)

Thats not to say that physical transformation isn't real, I'm a fairly optimistic person. I've just never experianced, or spoken to othe rLycan's who've experianced it.

Does being a Lycan stop you being able to do anything a non-Lycan person would do? Also, if you could transform do you think that would make you dangerous?

The term "Lycan" and "Lycan Clan" comes from the film Underworld - are you telling us you are a character from a fictional film?

Otherwise, are you telling us you are suffering from clinical lycanthropy?

Clinical Lycanthropy

• Like 1

Hm, that first one is a good question, I've never really thought about it in detail. I suppose there's a few little things, but nothing that really drastically changes my life. Like, I've gone out with my friends on a full moon, though it's hard to concentrate on the conversation at hand when outside. And it also keeps you from being totally honest with your freinds, you cant tell them everything.

I find it doubtful that I'd become a 'monster' if transformed. I think my animal instincts would take over; but, like real wolves, I doubt that I'd become some cheesy hollywood murderer. Though that doesn't mean I wouldn't hurt someone if provoked; Lycans do tend to have short tempers and violent reactions; though I've never really hurt anyone.

And if there are Lycans who transform, and they do become dangerous to people when such; I'd expect to hear mosr cases of deaths by animal attack in populated areas. So I'l a little skeptical about that.

Underworld sucked, just thought I'd put that out there. And you're wrong about the origin of the word, your explination kinda made me laugh. I've never heard anyone claim the word Lycan came from a movie.

But perhaps this will quelm your doubts, the word Lycan came from the Greek lycos meaning wolf. Werewolf is the english rendering, were meaning man. I perfer the former, mainly because Hollywood has taken the word Werewolf and turned it into something it's not.

----------------------------------

Being a Lycan. Do they make you use separate restrooms, and cafes?

I suppose that was suppost to be funny? Whatever, as I said, I'm here to be truthful with people who have real questions. You dont have to beleive me, Im not asking you to. But I do know that there are alot of people out there who want to know thruth to the myth, and I'll give them my own truths.

Edited by deadtotheworld

The term "Lycan" doesn't come from the film Underworld. The term had been used centuries before the release of the film.

deadtotheworld, I applaud you for telling it like it is. Although, must inform you that there are lycanthropes that can actually transform; in fact, I have seen a friend of mine transform once. . .

Deadtotheworld, as for not being totally honest with your friends, everyone has elements of themselves that the hide from others, for fear that they won't be accepted. I certainly have. It makes me feel different to everyone else. But difference is usually only in the mind.

Edited by NosmoKing

Thanks Darcy Blake. And it's really cool that you got to experiance that.

And that's true, NosmoKing, there are some of my more Human traits that I like to keep hidden too. So I suppose our races arent as diffrent as many like to think they are. Maybe one day we can live in the light for what we are.

The term "Lycan" doesn't come from the film Underworld. The term had been used centuries before the release of the film.

Can you show me where, because the only use of the word I can find is in reference to the film and a Jedi from the Star Wars expanded universe?

Deadtotheworld: I am aware of the origins of "Lycan" from Lycanthropy thanks.

Well, I was always a little wolfish, I guess that I didn't make the connection until I was about 14. I did a lot of researching into both old myth and Clinical Lycanthropy, and found that alot of the things spoken about partained to me, with the exception of the transformation. Of course, this could be because I'm still young, I honestly dont know, Im no expert on the subjuct. Of course, with clinical Lycanthropy, there were a few symptoms that I was able to say, "Thats not me."

My human friends all say that Im a little dogish too, which I find funny, since they dont know the truth.

Does anyone know the truth about you in the real world? How come you're posting here if it's a secret?

Many of my online friends know the truth. I'm not to big on keeping it a secret, and two of my friends in the real world do know, though I stopped telling anyone when someone took it badly a few years back and refused to speak to me again (we all learn from our mistakes). However, online (no offense meant in prewarning) I dont really care what you all think of me. I'll tell it like it is, without fear.

Do you worry due to your nature you will hurt someone even in an untransformed state?

Not usually. I do have a tendancy to want to hunt, and that pertains to anything huntable within range. But I'm easily able to control these urges, and have never attacked anything, except in play.

Well, I was always a little wolfish, I guess that I didn't make the connection until I was about 14. I did a lot of researching into both old myth and Clinical Lycanthropy, and found that alot of the things spoken about partained to me, with the exception of the transformation. Of course, this could be because I'm still young, I honestly dont know, Im no expert on the subjuct. Of course, with clinical Lycanthropy, there were a few symptoms that I was able to say, "Thats not me."

My human friends all say that Im a little dogish too, which I find funny, since they dont know the truth.

Do you chase cars and try to bite the mailman?

I just read up on clinical lycanthropy on wikipedia. What makes you think you don't have that?

Also, attacking something in play, and 'controlling' violent urges is worrying to me.

I think thats more of a domesticated dog thing. Cars would be no fun to chase, because what would you do if you caught one? I tend to prefer live prey. Not that I've ever given into the urge, human food works for me too.

they say I'm doggish, because I tend to growl at people when angered, and use my nails and teeth in a fight. I've also been told that I sleep curled up like a dog.

---------------------------------------------------

-would have to go back and look up wiki to give all details-

Well, for one, CL paitents are said to think that they've transformed. I've had imaginings of such, but I can tell imagination from reality. It also mentions that CL paitents tend to, uh, have sexual urges, maunly to those of the same gender as them. and I can assure you that Im completely straight.

By attacking someone in play, I mean tackling and tickling my little brother, or such of that nature. As I've said, Ive never really hurt anyone. And for controling violent urges, its no concern to me, because it's never been so bad to where I really had to 'control' it. It's usually just a moments thought, and then it's gone.

Edited by deadtotheworld

It'd seemed a good idea to seek a medical opinion, just to rule out Clinical Lycanthropy in your case. Also, with violent urges, no matter how playful, it's only responsible to inform your parents/guardians of them. Someone older should know about your situation. I've found it helps to confide in people, you don't feel so alone. Sure, some won't accept it, but everyone is different. Trust someone. :)

Edited: for spelling

Edited by NosmoKing

I've concidered CL, still do. But honestly, I've seen no reason to search for medical help in that case. I have many close friends online, and quite a few both in RL and online life that are the same as me, so I often confide in them and ask questions when I have them. Trust me, if I ever thought I was a danger, I'd do what ever it took to stop myself from hurting those around me; but I dont. Even CL attacks are rare and far between.