Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Even cockroaches have personalities

Anomalocaris

“A lot of studies show personality in other invertebrates,” says Isaac Planas-Sitjà, a behavioral ecologist at the Free University of Brussels and the lead author of the study. “But no one had looked at the American cockroach.”

http://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2015/02/even-cockroaches-have-personalities

• Like 1

I hope that the cockroaches in this study were numbered, filed, indexed, referenced, cross referenced and subjected to all kinds of depersonalization inducing experiments so that cockroachkind can finally understand what it is to be human...or in the army....or just a citizen of a large nation state.....

• Like 3

I always regret killing a cockroach. It deserves to live its own life just like the rest of the animal kingdom.

• Like 2

I don't care if a cockroach can dance and sing Hava Nagila I don't want them anywhere near me or my house. *shudders*

• Like 3

I don't care if a cockroach can dance and sing Hava Nagila I don't want them anywhere near me or my house. *shudders*

Joe's Apartment must have been like a nightmare for you.
  • Like 1

Joe's Apartment must have been like a nightmare for you.

I came across it while channel surfing...needless to say it didn't take but just a second to flip to the next station.

That's one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Apparently Cockroaches Have Personalities

Anyone who has ever spied a cockroach in their kitchen may suspect that jerk, psychopath and sadist are among the character traits of these way-too-large, way-too-spry brown insects.

But you’d be wrong. According to new research from Belgium, roaches can be quite admirable, exhibiting qualities of both bravery and shyness.

By attaching microchips to the backs over over 300 cockroaches for months (shudder!), scientists were able to monitor the roaches’ behavior in an enclosed arena and observe varying personalities among the insects.

See article and video here: https://www.yahoo.co...3270733882.html

Backs away from thread....ack! :no: