Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blizzard NE USA

Lilly

I'm in southern Ontario and we got dumped with snow all day. It was up past my knees when I was shovelling.

I suppose we shall get it next week,why can't we hibernate.

I'm in southern Ontario and we got dumped with snow all day. It was up past my knees when I was shovelling.

I'm in Toronto, i went out 5 times during the day to shovel snow. The only good thing about all this snow, i got to stay home from work. Long weekend, yah!

There's nothing like a snow day. Got about 2 inches once this winter and they were calling for blizzard like conditions, don't get that much snow here anymore.

Yep its pretty bad out there, Gov.Patrick says emergency vehicles only, ban on all others....

You might want to charge your devices (cell phone, laptop) while you still have electricity. But I thought everyone just played games and read books when snowed in. Plus there's always housecleaning to do.

I wish the best to everyone in the Northeast US affected by the blizzard , stay strong and bear the winds plus heavy snow. The west coast has it's storm bearing down with rain, lower temps and strong winds (dust storm conditions in the Palm Springs area this afternoon), but snow only fell in elevations of above 5000 feet.

Two feet of snow, strong winds, coastal flooding...loads of fun in my area. Anyone else stuck in this mess?

They said that it would snow hard after 8pm.

You have two feet already ? We have ....maybe an inch on the ground. It's after 9 pm .

They said not to be fooled,but I'm not impressed so far .

It's going to be NW blizzard England soon...

We are expecting 10 millimetres of snow tomorrow.

• Like 1

It's going to be NW blizzard England soon...

We are expecting 10 millimetres of snow tomorrow.

Well 10mm of snow pretty much brings parts of the UK to a standstill anyway! I think the MO is forecasting 10cm.

• Like 1

Well 10mm of snow pretty much brings parts of the UK to a standstill anyway! I think the MO is forecasting 10cm.

Yep.. a half inch of snow in London is National News Headlines and chaos ensues. Eejits.

I'm in Toronto, i went out 5 times during the day to shovel snow. The only good thing about all this snow, i got to stay home from work. Long weekend, yah!

I'm in the GTA too. This was at 4 pm leaving work

post-4505-0-49657300-1360411437_thumb.jp

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
  • Like 2

I've got the attention span of a gnat.

I can't make anything out from my sister apart from " honestly".

Though I've got a feeling the storm of the century will just be a mere storm in a teacup.

HOLY *BEEP* That was one Hell of a ride. I've been without heat/electric/internet for over 48 hours. There's 22 inches of new snow and trees are down everywhere. I just went out this AM (I have an AWD SUV) and I couldn't even count the number of trees that came down in my town alone. There are still people without power...it's the lack of heat that really stinks. I can't wait to have some hot water! Wait...this means I can go make a cup of tea!!! :w00t:

Edited by Lilly
left out a word
  • Like 3

Glad to hear your safe if only a bit cold. All those trees will make for a good firewood season. If you are on a bit of l;and make sure you get into usable firewood for next year and youll be staying cozy with a cup of hot tea during events such as this.

Hell thats what we did last year when we had a ice storm drop many trees in Pac NW last year. Granted they were my trees on my land that fell.

• Like 1

I just found out that 40% of my town is still without power. In surrounding towns up to 70% are still without power. The storm may be over but the suffering certainly isn't.

• Like 1

Driving around here is still really something...traffic lights with no power are a real challenge, some trees still in the roads, now we have ice on top of all this mess! I'm going out later this AM, stands to be an interesting outing (to say the least).

• Like 1

Driving around here is still really something...traffic lights with no power are a real challenge, some trees still in the roads, now we have ice on top of all this mess! I'm going out later this AM, stands to be an interesting outing (to say the least).

It wasn't even a storm in a teacup last Sunday.

We had the blizzard instead today.

However because the British weather is so fluctuating and erratic we had a rainfall afterwards.

Despite the fact the night had drawn in.

These snow showers round here have got the regularity and unpredictability of flash floods.

At least the thaw is ensuring I havn't got a big white mess outside my doorstep.

If you've got one Brit moaning about snow it's no wonder there's going to be a standstill.

Thanks Lilly for bringing the blizzard here because I'm hoping it'll take the heat off you.

Though I'm asking for too much.

• Like 1

Here in southern Maine we recieved 30 inches of snow. And while I've seen more snow on the ground in the past (we've had up to 4 feet of snow on the ground due to several seperate storms), I've never been in a snowstorm this big.

However, unlike Boston and Providence, we are used to large amounts of snow. So when the storm ended, the next morning we were all shovelled out and plowed out. Everything was back to normal.

• Like 1

Well, here we go again. Blizzard conditions for today and overnight. Another 5 to 8 inches of snow and high winds that could knock out the power again (some people have only had power restored since Thursday). This weather is seriously miserable.

• Like 1

Well, here we go again. Blizzard conditions for today and overnight. Another 5 to 8 inches of snow and high winds that could knock out the power again (some people have only had power restored since Thursday). This weather is seriously miserable.

Do you suffer this every year, Lilly? Every few years? :(

(Wishing all in the vicinity well)

Edited by Eldorado

Do you suffer this every year, Lilly? Every few years?

Only every few years is it this bad. Sure, we generally have a good amount of snow in the winter, but these horrible blizzards aren't really commonplace.

• Like 1

As of the time of this writing, eastern Maine is under a Blizzard Warning.

However, I live in southern Maine, and today we just got two inches of snow here (although we had some bitterly-cold wind today).