Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained lights New Brunswick Canada

Gary Meadows

Hey peeps, saw the strange lights over the river during a snow storm, not sure what they were. They seemed to hover for a bit, then disappear.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

What are those things called that are in the sky sometimes?, and they glow, its either them or its a couple of those other things that people see!

Aircraft/s launching with lights on and switched off later on as usual.

• Like 1

Aircraft/s launching with lights on and switched off later on as usual.

Huh?

Way too big for average aircraft.

Edited by Jeffertonturner

Huh?

Thats why I said aircraft/aircrafts. And, the dots dont vanished at the same time.

Plus, cone/s of light in clouds may give the impression that an A/C is big but

thats just an impression.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

Huh?

Why do you think that?

Why do you think that?

Because the camera shrinks things. Those lights were huge .

I had to give you a thumbs down. Solely for your choice of music as if the clip needed music.

Just fun-ing it up a bit.

:)

Because the camera shrinks things. Those lights were huge .

Honestly, I'm leery of watching someone's youtube video of "myserious" lights in the sky, but if you do a bit of thinking about it, why is "camera shrinks things" statement important, and why do you think that matters? The camera screen is tiny compared to the field of vision of a human eye. EVERYTHING is "shrunk down" in the image to fit it on the screen---everything, the "mysterious" lights, the sky surrounding it, the objects on the ground. It's all relative then.

Does anyone else think I should take the time to watch the youtube link and give the owner of the video a free view?

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard

Honestly, I'm leery of watching someone's youtube video of "myserious" lights in the sky, but if you do a bit of thinking about it, why is "camera shrinks things" statement important, and why do you think that matters? The camera screen is tiny compared to the field of vision of a human eye. EVERYTHING is "shrunk down" in the image to fit it on the screen---everything, the "mysterious" lights, the sky surrounding it, the objects on the ground. It's all relative then.

Does anyone else think I should take the time to watch the youtube link and give the owner of the video a free view?

If you go in like that, probably not.

• Like 1

If you go in like that, probably not.

And if I don't...does that mean I'm automatically a believer? I don't want to be brainwashed, after all. I like being able to use common sense and critical thinking and approach these things with an open mind rather than believing everything I see or am told without any sort of verification. :P

The only reason I put this out there, was because I found it so interesting.

It is not near any airports, and if there were planes flying in that weather they would be higher and not visible. All the easy answers are just not correct.

But that is only my opinion!

Edited by Jeffertonturner

The only reason I put this out there, was because I found it so interesting.

Those things are interesting, but easily debunked.

It is not near any airports, and if there were planes flying in that weather they would be higher and not visible. All the easy answers are just not correct.

But those are just assumptions. I don't live near and airport, I get aircraft flying over lower than one might expect quite a bit. It happens.

But that is only my opinion!

Of course! And you're welcome to them. As we all are.

I really think there may be something here. And Im usually the first to scream fake.

I'm never the first to scream fake. I'm usually one of the first to offer a down-to-earth, non-alien, non-supernatural explanation which is easy testable. I'm usually right, too.

That there might be "something" out there...I can't answer that one way or the other and won't try to.

• Like 1

I'm never the first to scream fake. I'm usually one of the first to offer a down-to-earth, non-alien, non-supernatural explanation which is easy testable. I'm usually right, too.

That there might be "something" out there...I can't answer that one way or the other and won't try to.

The footage was just strange. We will leave it as strange.

The footage was just strange. We will leave it as strange.

If you think it's strange, then I won't deny you that :tu:

• Like 1

It's usually more appropriate to see the footage before trying to debunk it's content.

Edited by EEHC

It's usually more appropriate to see the footage before trying to debunk it's content.

Not necessarily, as "lights in the sky" need not always be anything mysterious. And with a little bit of critical thinking, one can easily conclude that it's not aliens coming to get us. LOL. Besides, I haven't said what it is yet, I haven't debunked anything yet. I'm only surmising what it could be and what it's most likely not. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with not wanting to see it if either. Heck, I might still go in and watch it, since Jeffertonturner's been quite pleasant about the whole thing so far.

So then, when you watched the video, what do you think it is?

Ok, watched it. Honestly, those lights appear to be sunlight coming through a break in the clouds. Of course, I'm sure that they sun wasn't in that direction, or that the clouds were too thick--things that can't be verified now. But it did not appear to be anything unnatural to me at all.

Strange doesn't always mean paranormal, by the way.

So there, my two cents. And my two cents is actually worth thirty-seven dollars and change.

• Like 1

It is not near any airports, and if there were planes flying in that weather they would be higher and not visible.

Where exactly was the vid taken?

What time of the day and what direction were the lights?

Where exactly was the vid taken?

Exactly Fredericton New Brunswick facing North.

What time of the day and what direction were the lights?

8:57am, North

It is not near any airports,

Exactly Fredericton New Brunswick facing North.

- There are 14 airports within a radius of 50mls around Fredericton

- Flightradar24 shows a lot of airtraffic over/around Fredericton with planes at low altitudes (1100 to 3400ft)

- you told nonsense ("It is not near any airports")

- case closed

Edited by toast
  • Like 1