Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shark Week Megaldon

Archosaur

So, for those of you who saw Shark Week, there were a number of incidents in South Africa and other locations that some of the naturalists thought might have been a 60'+ meglodon. They also went chumming with a 40' humpback whale decoy to find it. WHatever destroyed the decoy, and knocked the shark cadge sideways, also scared off the schools of great white sharks around the boat. What do you all think?

maybe its another reason why sharks are being seen in shallower waters. o.o

It was another mockumentary in the style of Mermaids: The Body Found.

• Like 1

I don't know, I think its a strong possibility. It could just be an over-sized modern shark too. One thing we could take in consideration, one Megalodon tooth they unearthed was only 10,000 years old.

90% of the ocean is unexplored still, so...who knows, eh?

Megalodon could eat an adult human with one bite....we are like a tiny chicken nugget to it.

It was another mockumentary in the style of Mermaids: The Body Found.

Yep. Had much the same disclaimers at the end too.

• None of the institutions or agencies that appear in the film are affiliated with it in any way nor have approved its contents.
  • Though certain events and characters in this film have been dramatized, sightings of "Submarine" continue to this day.
  • Megalodon was a real shark. Legends of giant sharks persist all over the world. There is still debate about what they may be.

It would be awesome if there still were some in existence

People are educated by television anymore. No thinking involved. Anything on TV is real, even when it is obvious it is not. ( disclaimers, description, etc. )

Funny, after the show ( that was a obvious fiction show ), they had an Actor from The Lord of the Rings, and an Actor from the actual show doing a sit down interview.

gul·li·ble

/ˈgələbəl/

Adjective

Easily persuaded to believe something; credulous.

• Like 2

While it would be cool, in a wow sort of interesting way, seems like one would have been accidentally caught in a net by now.

I thought that Megalodon was a shallow water feeder, not a deep water feeder, which is where everyone tried to make it out to be living now. Why would it live in the shallows for millions of years and then suddenly take the the deep water, all of them at once, so that no sign would remain?? Mathmatically it just didn't happen is my opinion. Megalodon is gone....

This is as real as Shark-nado.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/05/shark-week-megalodon-monster-shark-video_n_3706120.html?utm_hp_ref=green&ir=Green

http://blog.seattlepi.com/hottopics/2013/08/05/shark-week-kicks-off-with-fake-megalodon-documentary/

The Discovery Channel pulled a SyFy stunt, running a fake documentary about a real prehistoric sea beast, prompting fury among the channel’s Facebook fans.

People are educated by television anymore. No thinking involved. Anything on TV is real, even when it is obvious it is not. ( disclaimers, description, etc. )

Funny, after the show ( that was a obvious fiction show ), they had an Actor from The Lord of the Rings, and an Actor from the actual show doing a sit down interview.

gul·li·ble

/ˈgələbəl/

Adjective

its sad really, you should go over to the E.T. threads people make some pretty big claims over there

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x
  • Like 1

90% of the ocean is unexplored still, so...who knows, eh?

Megalodon could eat an adult human with one bite....we are like a tiny chicken nugget to it.

Tht's not exactly true. The 90% refers to the bit between the bottom and surface,a nd that's less true everyday.

And if such a huge creature did exist, there'd be a huge impact on it's food supply that would show up.

• Like 2

its sad really, you should go over to the E.T. threads people make some pretty big claims over there

I only allow myself to be in one ET Thread at a time, because otherwise I'd only be posting there due to the numbers of True Believers over there. Same goes for the religion threads. Those can be post sink holes where you argue the same point over and over for 30 pages...

My husband and daughter sat down to watch a recorded episode from Shark Week. He said he was sorry they did.

Gladly, our daughter agreed and knew why.

Edited by QuiteContrary

A Megalodon? Really?

Ok, stop and think about it, you'd have to have a population of them large enough to breed and procreate. This is a what? 60 foot long 40 ton shark? It could hunt and eat Great Whites like they were rabbits. Whales would stand no chance, they'd eat a human like we would eat a shrimp.

TV hype for "Shark Week" Come on people, wake up.

I think they actually hide in the woods. I hear they can hide anything, even better than the big blue ocean.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I think they actually hide in the woods. I hear they can hide anything, even better than the big blue ocean.

And the woods, combined with the porkipines get rid of the bones... except sharks don't have bones.... ???? Humm... even easier then!!!

• Like 1

And the woods, combined with the porkipines get rid of the bones... except sharks don't have bones.... ???? Humm... even easier then!!!

eh, maybe them porkipines aren't too picky...or bright...

gul·li·ble

/ˈgələbəl/

Adjective

Hmmm... I didn't see or hear any dsiclaimers (but neither did the panicking people who heard the Orsin Wells War of the Worlds boradcast and panicked). I don't plan on having any nightmares of a Meglodon swallowing me whole in my bathtub :P.

On another note, the morphology of Meglodon and the Great White were very similar, just scaled up. Could it be possible that Meglodon was simply a Great White that lived long enough, and fed well enough?

On another note, the morphology of Meglodon and the Great White were very similar, just scaled up. Could it be possible that Meglodon was simply a Great White that lived long enough, and fed well enough?

You mean the ones swimming around right now are just BABIES!!?? :innocent:

Edited by DieChecker

I only allow myself to be in one ET Thread at a time, because otherwise I'd only be posting there due to the numbers of True Believers over there. Same goes for the religion threads. Those can be post sink holes where you argue the same point over and over for 30 pages...

That's exactly what happens to, because the believers wont budge on there views and the skeptics wont budge either, I use to post in those sections a lot, then I realized it wasn't really making any difference and some of the posters would actually resort to personal attacks. Its like hmmmm ok

I don't know, I think its a strong possibility. It could just be an over-sized modern shark too. One thing we could take in consideration, one Megalodon tooth they unearthed was only 10,000 years old.

How can you say that? Maybe a slight possibility, but a "STRONG" possibility? With no evidence, it is not a strong possibility.

The Submarine story has been going around for ages. I won't give away my age but I remember my mother discussing it.