Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Impressive Evidence

underageparanormal

Welcome to UM,

Evps can not really count as evidence because of these 5 reasons.

Explanation 1: Camcorders and digital voice recorders can easily pick up noises around it from far distances. The devices are not that advance where it would pick up clear, full conversations but it can pick up fragments of conversations or words or portion of words from great distances. For example, I put my digital voice recorder in an old trunk and then put it in my closet, Filled around the box with quilts. Then I put a matress over it and then closed the door. I then closed the bed room. I sang for an hour and when I played back I could pick up fragments of my singing.

Explanation 2: Things happen around us (in a non-paranormal sense) that we aren't aware of because we are distracted. Humans tend to be focus on one thing (I.E. Accidents with people walking into objects or onto traffic has increased because they too busy paying attention to their cells). When people are going to a "spooky" place they are not focusing on certain things. Like for example people talking to themselves or to other people and you didn't hear it at the time but can be with the voice recorder. THe funny thing is people tend to whisper when at "spooky location" and the voice level or even it's tone of voice can be different. Words here could be very easily be you or your friends.

Explanation 3: EVP can easily be tampered with. We (as the viewers) was not there at the time of the recording, we do not know who was there except the people you mentioned (there could be more people), we do not know the voices fully of those people either. Since we weren't there we We do not know if you tampered with the recordings afterwards or used a sound editing program and distorted the sound or added new voices in.

Explanation 4: People make noises while moving, a yawn, a sigh, a grown. I have heard some people claiming their evps

to have a ghost voice but sounded like some one taking a deep breath or was cold.

Explanation 5: You record it on a voice recorder, transfer it to your computer, cut the recording time, then upload it to the youtube and then youtube compresses the video. Each time you change or edit am a recording, you corrupt the original file. When it is some voice recording you can corrupt it further, it can distort noises or add background noises.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 6

Welcome to UM,

Explanation 1: Camcorders and digital voice recorders can easily pick up noises around it from far distances. The devices are not that advance where it would pick up clear, full conversations but it can pick up fragments of conversations or words or portion of words from great distances. For example, I put my digital voice recorder in an old trunk and then put it in my closet, Filled around the box with quilts. Then I put a matress over it and then closed the door. I then closed the bed room. I sang for an hour and when I played back I could pick up fragments of my singing.

Explanation 2: Things happen around us (in a non-paranormal sense) that we aren't aware of because we are distracted. Humans tend to be focus on one thing (I.E. Accidents with people walking into objects or onto traffic has increased because they too busy paying attention to their cells). When people are going to a "spooky" place they are not focusing on certain things. Like for example people talking to themselves or to other people and you didn't hear it at the time but can be with the voice recorder. THe funny thing is people tend to whisper when at "spooky location" and the voice level or even it's tone of voice can be different. Words here could be very easily be you or your friends.

Explanation 3: EVP can easily be tampered with. We (as the viewers) was not there at the time of the recording, we do not know who was there except the people you mentioned (there could be more people), we do not know the voices fully of those people either. Since we weren't there we We do not know if you tampered with the recordings afterwards or used a sound editing program and distorted the sound or added new voices in.

Explanation 4: People make noises while moving, a yawn, a sigh, a grown. I have heard some people claiming their evps

to have a ghost voice but sounded like some one taking a deep breath or was cold.

Explanation 5: You record it on a voice recorder, transfer it to your computer, cut the recording time, then upload it to the youtube and then youtube compresses the video. Each time you change or edit am a recording, you corrupt the original file. When it is some voice recording you can corrupt it further, it can distort noises or add background noises.

Well put :tu:

And much more polite than I would have been.

Welcome to UM underageparanormal.

Welcome to UM,

I see EVP as a very valid method of obtaining evidence, however I do agree that the audio can be corrupted in the ways that you have mentioned. Your explanations do make sense. I will say that we did not manipulate or corrupt the audio in any way. We did not even enhance it. Though I disagree, I appreciate your input. It's definitely something to think about.

• Like 1

I just watched your videos again and I honestly say that on video

the picture which you claim kneeling with a cross is what we call call Pareidolia. To make it simple the human mind makes images of faces or things of items. As you see below.

dan-witz.jpg?w=233&h=300

• Like 3

I just watched your videos again and I honestly say that on video [media=]

[/media] the picture which you claim kneeling with a cross is what we call call Pareidolia. To make it simple the human mind makes images of faces or things of items. As you see below.

dan-witz.jpg?w=233&h=300

Also worth mentioning (to piggyback on your excellent posts so far, Brian) is that Pareidolia extends to the audio realm to, where phenomenon like audio matrixing for example will cause you to think you hear things which are not really there. for example, at this very moment I am sitting next to a fan - the audio matrixing of which keeps causing me to hear musical note intervals that are not really there. I know its my brain just trying to make sense of an audio source that is unfamiliar, but its distracting to say the least.

Our brains fool us all the time.

• Like 4

I just watched your videos again and I honestly say that on video [media=]

[/media] the picture which you claim kneeling with a cross is what we call call Pareidolia. To make it simple the human mind makes images of faces or things of items. As you see below.

dan-witz.jpg?w=233&h=300

I've looked at that picture many times since we first took it, and I've come to agree with you. I didn't post that video in this thread for that same reason. Haha.

So let me ask you this- since every bit of "evidence" you say could possibly just be written off as Pareidolia, what do you consider "paranormal?"

• Like 1

Also worth mentioning (to piggyback on your excellent posts so far, Brian) is that Pareidolia extends to the audio realm to, where phenomenon like audio matrixing for example will cause you to think you hear things which are not really there. for example, at this very moment I am sitting next to a fan - the audio matrixing of which keeps causing me to hear musical note intervals that are not really there. I know its my brain just trying to make sense of an audio source that is unfamiliar, but its distracting to say the least.

Our brains fool us all the time.

Hey Orange. Turn the fan off and stop getting fooled :)

• Like 1

The thing i dont understand, And im not having a go at the op here, I just dont get why people who claim to have such good evidence make video's with corny music, bubble's, arrows pointing to said evidence and other things that just have nothing to do with the evidence on show at all, When i look at videos like this, as soon as hear the creepy music i think hoax without even seeing or hearing the evidence, If the evidence was so good then none of this other stuff is needed.

After all arnt we presenting evidence not a short film? Just my opinion.

Edited by david_36
  • Like 2

The thing i dont understand, And im not having a go at the op here, I just dont get why people who claim to have such good evidence make video's with corny music, bubble's, arrows pointing to said evidence and other things that just have nothing to do with the evidence on show at all, When i look at videos like this, as soon as hear the creepy music i think hoax without even seeing or hearing the evidence, If the evidence was so good then none of this other stuff is needed.

My sentiments entirely :)

[media=]

It's kind of hard to tell since it's mostly EVP's, but there is a night pic in the second video. Were these EVP's taken at night in the cemetery? Are you guys going into the cemetery at night?

Tape or attached two recorders together. Then, if you get an "EVP" on both, it would be a bit more convincing.

"EVP" on one and not the other - not evidence.

I have always wondered why no one does this.

Nibs

It's kind of hard to tell since it's mostly EVP's, but there is a night pic in the second video. Were these EVP's taken at night in the cemetery? Are you guys going into the cemetery at night?

We've been there two times at night. We are in and out by the time it closes.

Tape or attached two recorders together. Then, if you get an "EVP" on both, it would be a bit more convincing.

"EVP" on one and not the other - not evidence.

I have always wondered why no one does this.

Nibs

Here ya go

We've been there two times at night. We are in and out by the time it closes.

That's good to know. I'm guessing your night stints were done in the middle of winter when it's dark before 7PM.

The music threw me too. As soon as I heard it I cringed. Why try to "sell" it by over-dramatisizing it? Yes, its good entertainment but if you want the evidence to be taken seriously leave out the music and effects. Also I would loveto hear an EVP that didn't have to be explained as to what I'm hearing. I almost never hear what the poster says is being said before tthey tell me what I'm hearing. I suppose people will say thats the nature on an EVP. They are soft, scratchy, from another realm right?

Welcome to UM,

Spot on imo

Agreed i hate it when something is circled or pointed to in the pic because i know without it i wouldn't have seen anything.

[emphasis mine]

The music threw me too. As soon as I heard it I cringed. Why try to "sell" it by over-dramatisizing it? Yes, its good entertainment but if you want the evidence to be taken seriously leave out the music and effects. Also I would loveto hear an EVP that didn't have to be explained as to what I'm hearing. I almost never hear what the poster says is being said before tthey tell me what I'm hearing. I suppose people will say thats the nature on an EVP. They are soft, scratchy, from another realm right?

There's a TED talk where audio pareidola is being discussed, and the speaker plays the famous bit from Stairway to Heaven backward for the audience and they can't hear anything but backwards music and singing. Then he plays it again with the supposed backmasked lyrics displayed on screen and all of a sudden everyone can hear it.

If you need to point arrows at it, describe it in detail, draw the shape in a photo, tell us the words we're hearing, etc. then, to me, that's a good indication that it's not really there. Especially of note is when someone takes tape recorders or video recorders to cemeteries, haunted houses, etc. and then play back the audio/video. In that case, they're kinda expecting to find something out of the ordinary, and so it's no surprised when shadows, trees, audio noise, etc. get interpreted as various things.

It's just the past spate of Mars pics we used to get detailing spacecraft, cities, statues, etc. They were looking at NASA pics, wanting to find these things, so they did because of their biased interpretation of what they were looking at.

• Like 1