Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 18 votes

How do I invite evil spirits to my home?

• Please log in to reply
2282 replies to this topic

#2056    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

This guy sakari
http://www.unexplain...pic=231848&st=0

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#2057    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 27 March 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

Skater boy said:

"I do wonder what would happen if somebody who had experienced something were to undertake a lie detector test and have a psychological evaluation and shock horror... they're not a liar nor are they mentally unstable. Where does that leave us then, skeptics? Something unconscious? Yes, I think so. Some of you will jump on any conclusion you can without considering that you just might be wrong. I think some believers are a lot more rational than some of the skeptics."

This where we get side tracked, just because someone passes a lie detector test and isn't insane does not = proof of something otherworldly going on.  How do I know?  I've taken and passed a REAL lie detector test....telling the tester I was Luke Skywalker son of Vader...they are a nice tool to assist investigations, but are FAR from fool proof.

Skeptics aren't these big evil non-believers you try to make us out to be.  It's just the claims made in numerous sections of these forums are VERY amazing, and it's natural for thoughtful/inquisitive minds to want to ask questions and "see" some of the evidence to support these claims.

I be willing to bet that EVERY "skeptic" who frequents these and other similar forums would LOVE to one day log in for their daily forums browzing and see "boom!" a thread/topic that had irrefutable proof of anything paranormal, be it ghost, alien, nessie whatever.  (Well maybe not Hazzard :w00t: )

Also, while Sakari maybe skeptical, he is abit more like me in that, he has seen/experienced some things that he can quite dismiss with a mundane explanation, hence his interest is experiencing more.

And that will never happen. With video/photo footage, there will always be claims of something fishy going on. I'm not saying there isn't fraud out there, quite a bit, but we both know anything that gets posted will be dismissed off the bat, no matter if they can't explain what's going on. Hence I tell people to go out there and investigate in person because looking for evidence on the Internet is never going to satisfy you.

If Sakari or yourself has had experiences, it's news to me, I don't read everything on the forum. I'll be sure to look out to read them. And if I do, maybe I should ridicule, talk down to, call a liar and suggest mental illness since that's all I see around these forums. Skepticism is one thing, ridicule and instant dismissal is another.

Edited by The Skater Boy, 28 March 2013 - 03:48 PM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#2058    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

I personally haven't posted my experience on the forum.  So you won't find that.  And I don't expect direct proof to come to the forum, more like someone posting about proof they obtained and shared with people/institutions in their "real" lives and then cool links or updates to the articles or interviews about said proof.

And believe it or not, the source plays alot into believabiltiy (not sure if that's even a word) for example, if (this will get a chuckle) Hazzard started a thread like "Zomg I was wrong...ghosts are real"  and included some very clear pictures of ghosts and the uploaded pics passed initial scrutiny, I would be super excited and waiting to hear more.

I actually, after all these years, still pretty much look at each and every photo or "evp" linked or posted here, honestly hoping it will be a "good one" but sadly it never really is.

But I will keep checking, because contrary to what you may think, I really want to believe, but I can't just make myself look past basic information or worldly explanations to satisfy that desire.

Edited by CakeOrDeath, 28 March 2013 - 04:04 PM.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#2059    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Oh, and you seem super serial angry SakterBoy, not sure if that is how you intend to come across, so just a heads-up.

Edited by CakeOrDeath, 28 March 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#2060    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

If you want an example of why we need our skeptics - look into the thread about statue thingy that moves, I almost bought in to that one, the guy actually tried to recruit one of our resident skeptics to say "yup this is realz" and the hoaxer actually posted the statue on ebay.

Thanks to the skeptic, this charlatan was exposed and he saved some very strong believers a good bit of money and embarassment.

#2061    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,654 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 28 March 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

I personally haven't posted my experience on the forum.  So you won't find that.  And I don't expect direct proof to come to the forum, more like someone posting about proof they obtained and shared with people/institutions in their "real" lives and then cool links or updates to the articles or interviews about said proof.

And believe it or not, the source plays alot into believabiltiy (not sure if that's even a word) for example, if (this will get a chuckle) Hazzard started a thread like "Zomg I was wrong...ghosts are real"  and included some very clear pictures of ghosts and the uploaded pics passed initial scrutiny, I would be super excited and waiting to hear more.

I actually, after all these years, still pretty much look at each and every photo or "evp" linked or posted here, honestly hoping it will be a "good one" but sadly it never really is.

But I will keep checking, because contrary to what you may think, I really want to believe, but I can't just make myself look past basic information or worldly explanations to satisfy that desire.

Just go ahead and post your experience, briefly, or why should anyone believe you ever had one? Maybe it will seem like you are telling the truth...

And the science has barely proven the existence of Psi phenomena so far, so don't hold your breath waiting for it to catch up with extreme experience like direct demonic attack etc.

Science and Psychic Phenomena: The Fall of the House of Skeptics: Chris Carter, Rupert Sheldrake: 9781594774515: Amazon.com: Books

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#2062    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

My  experience would hardly qualify as something of interest compared to the amount of very wicked accounts found here.  The only reason it is was significant to me, is I'm still not sure exactly "what" I experienced.

That and it peeked my interest in the various fields of "paranormal research" but sadly as I started reading more and more information (even before the internets!) I  came the to the sad realization that there isn't too much actual scientific research going on.

Honestly, even as a skeptic, I wish the scientific community was abit less dismissive of the subject, and would atleast do a bit more serious research.  But, it's hard to push for this as the current lack of evidence or repeatable events really doesn't support the number of claims out there.

Getting back on topic, over the years numerous posters have talked about summoning spirits and tons of threads with very solemn and well intentioned posters giving stern warnings to those about to play Ouija (milton-Bradely TM) you would think someone could "help" Sakari in this endeavor.

I do like this new line of demon apologists who are saying... "demons are super serial patient and they will mess your life up gradually through awful events...like cancer...car crashes etc etc."

That's awesome, are those demons also responsible when we win the lotto and get a free cheeseburger from the side of our McDonald's cup? Stuff happens, alot of it bad, trying to tie that to playing ouiija or some such is pretty weak.

And the demons don't want to be found out, they need to be sneaky while subverting us.  That makes some sense honestly, very much the classic fictional MO of demons, corrupt from the behind the scenes, like in Terry Brooks Void & the Word series.

Edited by CakeOrDeath, 28 March 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#2063    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,654 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 28 March 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

That and it peeked my interest in the various fields of "paranormal research" but sadly as I started reading more and more information (even before the internets!) I  came the to the sad realization that there isn't too much actual scientific research going on.

That's why I thought you might like the book linked above (from a review):

"Initially, carter takes the reader through the history of parapsychology, then discusses the experiments of J. B. Rhine, who moved the field into the laboratory. Rhine developed the methods still used today for statistical investigation of psi phenomenon. By 1940 ~1 million card guessing trials had been done using his card-guessing methods, with statistically significant results shown in 27 of the 33 published experiments...

...Carter then goes on to discuss the skeptics. They form the only international political lobbying group seeking to shut down scientific investigation of a field. Their organization is called CSICOP (The Committee for the Scientific Investigation of the Paranormal), and their publication is The Skeptical Inquirer. While they bill their publication as the only outlet for scientific evaluation of paranormal claims, it is anything but scientific. Skeptic Elizabeth Mayer describes it this way:

Reading The Skeptical Inquirer was like reading a fundamentalist religious tract. I found the journal dismayingly snide, regularly punctuated by sarcasm, self-congratulation, and nastiness, all parading as reverence for true science..."

Etc. etc. etc. it was like that back in the days of Blavatsky and beyond, but now the proof is available. It was good to read that the tables have turned (pun intended).

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#2064    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 28 March 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

I do like this new line of demon apologists who are saying... "demons are super serial patient and they will mess your life up gradually through awful events...like cancer...car crashes etc etc."

That's awesome, are those demons also responsible when we win the lotto and get a free cheeseburger from the side of our McDonald's cup? Stuff happens, alot of it bad, trying to tie that to playing ouiija or some such is pretty weak.

And the demons don't want to be found out, they need to be sneaky while subverting us.  That makes some sense honestly, very much the classic fictional MO of demons, corrupt from the behind the scenes, like in Terry Brooks Void & the Word series.

It is because demons are testing and challenging believer's faith. It is all about discerning and identifying the Enemy and all of his attacks. Where sceptics see the ordinary and mundane, believers identify spiritual beneath its veneer.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#2065    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 28 March 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

If Sakari or yourself has had experiences, it's news to me, I don't read everything on the forum. I'll be sure to look out to read them. And if I do, maybe I should ridicule, talk down to, call a liar and suggest mental illness since that's all I see around these forums. Skepticism is one thing, ridicule and instant dismissal is another.

http://www.unexplain...pic=203763&st=0

There you go, feel free to ridicule all you want. I am not the type to try to convince anyone of my experiences being real or not. I do not care if people believe it or not. I am not seeking attention.

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 28 March 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

If you want an example of why we need our skeptics - look into the thread about statue thingy that moves, I almost bought in to that one, the guy actually tried to recruit one of our resident skeptics to say "yup this is realz" and the hoaxer actually posted the statue on ebay.

Thanks to the skeptic, this charlatan was exposed and he saved some very strong believers a good bit of money and embarassment.

Here is the bizarre statue thread....I highly suggest you read it. I ( the bad skeptic ) could have made $5,000.00 with this guy. Thing is, I have respect for others. You might enjoy how some hated me for being a skeptic, and how at the end, when I reveal the truth, after scamming the scammer, they did not bother to say thank you......

God read......And, your welcome.

Here is a little teaser from the thread....Link is below that.

Everyone better thank Sakari for taking the time to expose a Pathetic Fraud on our site, trying to sucker people into this.
Sakari gave up making money with this amature scam artist too, just to have this thread Come Clean basically.
Thanks Sakari  :tu:  As he's shown, sometimes it pays (or almost does), to be skeptical of things. Otherwise, who would know how long this guys little charade would be going on, trying to take advantage of our site and members.

http://www.unexplain...pic=189044&st=0

Edited by Sakari, 29 March 2013 - 12:16 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#2066    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 28 March 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

Oh yes, that was great, good job!

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#2067    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Well, this sceptic's thread does not impress me at all. An internet forum ISO is all it is.

A) And given the fact, I am not entirely sure anyone is capable of reproducing their experiences onto another person.

B) And if there are individuals that can invoke demons, well, they are probably part of a secret society and may have no interest at all in the UM forum. Otherwise, perhaps they would have given a thread like this a shot already. Or they simply would not ever consider it for the dangers it may pose and/or they do not want to squander privilages, blessings, and the ability to have abit more additional control over their lives.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#2068    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

@ B Jenkins, I see what your saying, and kind of agree, if someone truly does possess such power they probably aren't volunteering their service to Sakarai via interwebs, so point taken.  However, if you have been a forum resident here for any length of time, you have probably seen the countless threads about people "summonin spirits" "calling and recording ghosts" and of course my favorite, "warning those without proper skillz who try to summon spirits"  via ouija ™ game boards.

Also, in case you missed it Sakari, thanks again for exposing that fraud, and other contributions you have made here. :clap: I'm not gonna lie, even though most folks think I'm one of the "typical" resident skeptics, I'm not NEARLY as smart as the "real" skeptics here, and I was really close to belief during the early-mid part of that thread with the statue.

#2069    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

New life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

• Observation, individual resourcefulness... what would we be without them?

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

What if the negative placebo was so massive that you could actually summon a demon if you exercised yourself to that extent? I'd imagine you'd have to twist your will and mind in a very lovecraftian fashion... the rarely-talked about phenomena Tulpa sounded very much like this, mental projection that came more and more real the more you kept projecting it. And to project it, you need to believe stronger and stronger, because that's the basis of placebo. Believe as in observe it to be true, real, the same thing as your next door lady walking her dog, and strengthen that belief. It's really hard to find proper words for it to people with completely different mindsets, and I dont even know if that'd work, but doesn't that sound just logical?

edit: and I believe it's not about how strongly you believe, but what kind of belief you have, the quality of your belief, veeeeeery much so. Because I've found that we can have very different methods and levels of believing, veeery much so. I think the most effort should be made in getting to terms with your natural tendencies in the way you form a blind faith in things, getting into more natural, deeper and sincere levels there, and seeking the strength of belief through there.. not with a lazy mind, but one that probes and seeks to observe what it does not know.

Edited by Mikko-kun, 29 March 2013 - 04:54 PM.

I've been born again 31,8,2014 approximately 21:35 local time. A moment free of clutter in the mind, emancipating myself like an escapist, allowing myself to breathe life in a stronger, less physical level... though it does resonate to physical world. It's the oomph.

#2070    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,567 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 29 March 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

@ B Jenkins, I see what your saying, and kind of agree, if someone truly does possess such power they probably aren't volunteering their service to Sakarai via interwebs, so point taken.  However, if you have been a forum resident here for any length of time, you have probably seen the countless threads about people "summonin spirits" "calling and recording ghosts" and of course my favorite, "warning those without proper skillz who try to summon spirits"  via ouija ™ game boards.

Also, in case you missed it Sakari, thanks again for exposing that fraud, and other contributions you have made here. :clap: I'm not gonna lie, even though most folks think I'm one of the "typical" resident skeptics, I'm not NEARLY as smart as the "real" skeptics here, and I was really close to belief during the early-mid part of that thread with the statue.

My personal favorite was " The Demon Hunter ".....Can not really go into specifics, not sure if you remember that. It was a animl planet show, and the " star " of the show came here and made a topic......Long story short, the frauds were again exposed, A link to Discovery Channels Head Ofiices was posted on a few sites, and the show never got another episode.

The thread was closed unfortunatley.

Although, the outcome was awesome.

That is something I am very proud of.

Edited by Sakari, 29 March 2013 - 11:56 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users