Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I heard something in my ear

morten

i was at my fathers mothers house, she lives alone and her husband died when i was 8 years old. he died of cancer and i felt like he died while not wanting to. maybe he had unfinished stuff. also a guy my aunt knew who was very clairvoyant claimed he saw him walking behind my fathers mother like he was protecting her.

anyways i was watching TV with her and i suddenly heard his voice in my right ear. i couldn't understand what he said but i remember i immediately looked down when i heard his voice, and after the voice stopped talking my opposite (left) ear started making/hearing this piping noise that i also hear if i have hit my head really hard. i looked up at my fathers mother mother but she was still smiling and watching the TV. i never told her and it happened yesterday. i can't sleep right now and was wondering if anyone had experienced something similar?

Isn't your father's mother ... your 'grandmother'?

I have nothing to offer except the obvious joke (which you must surely have chosen your user name to encourage..)....

Moreton heard a who!

• Like 2

Isn't your father's mother ... your 'grandmother'?

I have nothing to offer except the obvious joke (which you must surely have chosen your user name to encourage..)....

Moreton heard a who!

i was only writing it like that because i wanted to imply that its on my fathers side of the family, sorry if that was bothering you. secondly my real name is morten. so if thats funny to you *snip*

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

i was only writing it like that because i wanted to imply that its on my fathers side of the family, sorry if that was bothering you. secondly my real name is morten. so if thats funny to you *snip*

Welcome to the forum morten! I'm sure ChrLzs didn't mean to offend you.

I've had a few similar experiences over the years although not including the sound you described.

It's quite alarming when it happens, however you shouldn't get too worried. He could potentially still be around just checking in on things. :)

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum morten! I'm sure ChrLzs didn't mean to offend you.

I've had a few similar experiences over the years although not including the sound you described.

It's quite alarming when it happens, however you shouldn't get too worried. He could potentially still be around just checking in on things. :)

thanks for the reply, maybe you are right ! :)

BTW, It's worth noting that all the Norwegians I've known and worked with (in the marine sciences) up until now, were polite, knowledgeable, and had keen senses of humour....

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, Morten. I hope you're time here is productive and enjoyable. Though perhaps try and be a little less defensive to people's comments and maybe we can all avoid any further unpleasantness.

Welcome to the forum, Morten. I hope you're time here is productive and enjoyable. Though perhaps try and be a little less defensive to people's comments and maybe we can all avoid any further unpleasantness.

thanks for the warm welcome, yea i got a little mad, that guy didnt have any reason to comment that, just bugged me :)

ChrLzs was obviously joking. I actually laughed when I read it and saw your name was Morten.....Just coincidence.

So, Morton did hear a who?

Ok, laugh......

Serious note, go to a ear doctor. Serious, it can be as simple as that.

edit : It was Horton hears a Who....

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

I'll go to a doctor for a brain scan. You might have gotten an implant that can make you to do things...

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

I'll go to a doctor for a brain scan. You might have gotten an implant that can make you to do things...

Heck, it may even make other people do things... :whistle:

If you're really bothered about it, at least go have your ears checked out. Or, even better, clean your own ears out and go from there. I have tinnitus in my left ear, and while it's a constant high-pitched tone, sometimes there are audio anomalies--but it's just from the Meniere's Disease and nothing supernatural/paranormal about it at all. It is extremely distracting and annoying at times.

Anyway, take care of the obvious and easy first. Once all of that is out of the way, then you can begin to jump to wild conclusions.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am so sorry that people are being so rude on here. I honestly do not understand why people are on this website if they don't believe in the supernatural, never seen any paranormal activity, or have little to no knowledge on the subject. Had the same thing happen to me on my recent post.. people think we just make this up... but they do actually happen. I have had several experiences. I remember this time when everyone was asleep in the house and I knew no one could be awake because of their loud snores. I woke up randomly around 3 and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to turn on the tv. Then out of nowhere, I get this weird feeling then hear my name being loudly whispered into my ear. No one was awake. Scared the hell out of me. I believe that maybe he is trying to tell you something or get your attention.

• Like 1

I honestly do not understand why people are on this website if they don't believe in the supernatural, never seen any paranormal activity, or have little to no knowledge on the subject.

This has been answered numerous times. There is even a " skeptics sightings " topic.

I have experienced what I used to call " paranormal ", I also have a lot of knowledge on it now, thanks to experiencing it, this site, and actually researching what it could be.

• Like 2

Hello, I am so sorry that people are being so rude on here. I honestly do not understand why people are on this website if they don't believe in the supernatural, never seen any paranormal activity, or have little to no knowledge on the subject. Had the same thing happen to me on my recent post.. people think we just make this up... but they do actually happen. I have had several experiences. I remember this time when everyone was asleep in the house and I knew no one could be awake because of their loud snores. I woke up randomly around 3 and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to turn on the tv. Then out of nowhere, I get this weird feeling then hear my name being loudly whispered into my ear. No one was awake. Scared the hell out of me. I believe that maybe he is trying to tell you something or get your attention.

So, asking for proof, giving sound advice, not jumping to wild conclusions, doing critical thinking and using logic is being rude?

If so, I never want to be polite then.

People come to this site for answers. They are given answers. Many do not accept those answers because they do not fit into those person's preconceived notions and assumptions--they're too close-minded to accept that nearly everything has a mundane explanation to it. Then they get all rude because they are insecure about themselves. So, you've basically got it all backwards.

I ear anomalies in my ear all of the time. Mostly it's just ringing. Sometimes it's thumping. On occasion it's something that I can't recognize--and yes, it does sound like speech patterns. Is it something paranormal? Should I ignore years and years of medical and scientific work and just assume I'm being haunted? Should I fill my ear up with holy water? Should I pull out a wee-jee board?

No, I think I'll stick to what's been proven and what works rather than close my mind to anything but the crazy. Thanks.

• Like 2

Not everyone comes here looking for answers. People looking for answers usually Google or talk to a professional, like a doctor.

I think a lot of people come here to have a convo with people that have shared their experiences. Notice the OP asked if anyone here "had experienced something similar?". He did NOT ask for an explanation on what it was he experienced.

There's just something about talking to people that went through what you went through that's fulfilling. I've had sleep paralysis and I've seen the shadow "hatman" (as they call it) and I really enjoy talking to people that have had that experience. Not because they give me answers, but because I like connecting with people. Especially females.

Edited by mister
  • Like 1

There is a big difference when it comes to giving logical advice, and being rude. You don't have to agree with anyone. You have the right to disagree, but it's not cool when I see people on all sorts of different posts telling the author they should get their head checked out or making other rude statements. You can disagree all you want and not believe in the supernatural, it is your choice. Just don't be rude.

So, giving good advice is what ticks you off then as being "rude"?

Getting one's head checked out should be common sense. In fact, it should be the first thing someone does in a situation like this. Rule out all of the natural causes first, then go to something else.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My tinnitus usually sounds like I'm in the middle of a swarm of katydids. When lying on my left side, I hear what sounds like a muffled conversation coming from another room. I used to get up and check around the house, until I found out what it really was. My Mother complained of sleepless nights because she kept hearing "hymns" all night. I tried to explain that it was an inner ear phenomenon, that the brain tries to sync with a similar, more familiar pattern, but that didn't seem to give her any comfort.

• Like 1

There is a big difference when it comes to giving logical advice, and being rude. You don't have to agree with anyone. You have the right to disagree, but it's not cool when I see people on all sorts of different posts telling the author they should get their head checked out or making other rude statements.

When someone claims to be hearing strange noises/voices in their ears, it's not rude to advise they should get them checked out. I would consider that to be good sensible advice.

You can disagree all you want and not believe in the supernatural, it is your choice. Just don't be rude.

Posting on a paranormal forum doesn't make the happening a paranormal event. Not all unexplained happenings are paranormal however much some posters would like them to be. It's always best to look at all possibilities. There's nothing rude in suggesting that either.

• Like 2

My tinnitus usually sounds like I'm in the middle of a swarm of katydids. When lying on my left side, I hear what sounds like a muffled conversation coming from another room. I used to get up and check around the house, until I found out what it really was. My Mother complained of sleepless nights because she kept hearing "hymns" all night. I tried to explain that it was an inner ear phenomenon, that the brain tries to sync with a similar, more familiar pattern, but that didn't seem to give her any comfort.

Not to stray too far off the topic but the "swarm of katydids" is exactly one of the many sounds I "hear" because of my tinnitus.

That and two or three different tones of "ringing" with an occasional low hum that goes away after a minute or so. Sometimes one of my ears feels like it has a plug or something in it yet my hearing isn't affected.

Sometimes one of the hums sounds like muffled violins trying to conform to a melody that is on my mind...sometimes..ok, occasionally.

• Like 1

Not to stray too far off the topic but the "swarm of katydids" is exactly one of the many sounds I "hear" because of my tinnitus.

That and two or three different tones of "ringing" with an occasional low hum that goes away after a minute or so. Sometimes one of my ears feels like it has a plug or something in it yet my hearing isn't affected.

Sometimes one of the hums sounds like muffled violins trying to conform to a melody that is on my mind...sometimes..ok, occasionally.

You ever get it checked out? Mine's from Meniere's Disease and the gentamicin treatments to destroy my inner ear so it won't fluctuate and give me all sorts of balance issues (worked, though not as well as we had hoped).

i was at my fathers mothers house, she lives alone and her husband died when i was 8 years old. he died of cancer and i felt like he died while not wanting to. maybe he had unfinished stuff. also a guy my aunt knew who was very clairvoyant claimed he saw him walking behind my fathers mother like he was protecting her.

anyways i was watching TV with her and i suddenly heard his voice in my right ear. i couldn't understand what he said but i remember i immediately looked down when i heard his voice, and after the voice stopped talking my opposite (left) ear started making/hearing this piping noise that i also hear if i have hit my head really hard. i looked up at my fathers mother mother but she was still smiling and watching the TV. i never told her and it happened yesterday. i can't sleep right now and was wondering if anyone had experienced something similar?

Since I posted in here last I've been posting things that I've caught on audio In my house (and just lately outside).

As I mentioned, sometimes I'll hear these with my ears, other times just on the recording.

I took this recording earlier out in a local field. (Skip to 2:35 to go past the talking If you wish. Was just explaining the situation lol).