Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida's own Chupacabra!

Shrieker_Fan

All I can say is;

I am embarrassed for these unfortunate simple minded American citizens, the simple minded reporting of this story by the American media, as well as the America education system, and mostly myself for being part of it all.

Edited by evancj

All I can say is;

I am embarrassed for these unfortunate simple minded American citizens, the simple minded reporting of this story by the American media, The America education system, and myself for being part of it all.

I am frequently embarrassed to admit I am American. We seem to have a disproportionate number of stupid and just plain crazy people living within our borders.

They are the infamous chupacabras , and although biologists doubt their existence, a Polk County family suspects they may have just shot one.

Well who ya gonna believe, huh?

...they look like a dog's feet? That's what a paw looks like when it isn't covered with fur.

It reminds of a new species of canid identified by the CFZ, the blue dog.

Does Florida have laws against harming domestic animals?....I know most States do , if so is S.L. Fussell exempt from this law?.....

Where I am from, and where I still live- if you feel something is harming your livestock or is a danger to your pets, children, self, etc you can shoot it no matter what it is and no one cares. They clearly thought this tiny creature was dangerous, though to what I don't know. Maybe it was harming the field mice? This is clearly a dog-- possibly a XOLO (Google it). The fact their were two of them, and the clear markings on the skin of the dead specimen, suggests that to me anyways. And yes Mr. Redneck it DOES have feet EXACTLY like a dog. Because it IS a dog.

Man I better never take Ryouga (my coy-dog) out on a leash again, it's summertime here in TX and his skin is acting up so he's partly bald. I'mma get shot by some crazy fool redneck. Last year he made the news for being the N. Dallas Chupacabre!

Edited by GypsyWolf

I think the media needs to research their own archives, and look up the initial chupacabra reports, that described a creature not remotely canine. Mangy dogs, coyotes, etc., are not, and have never been, chupacabras. They run this stuff for ratings, and ignore the actual data. The initial reports from Puerto Rico were of a bipedal thing, with dark fur/hair, red eyes, and sharp teeth and claws. How we went from that to mangy coyotes and the like, is anyone's guess. Personally, I figure the original was some genetically engineered thing, and this latest stuff is simple disinformation.

Did the "Chupacabra" in the video display signs of mange? If so, would it still be illegal to kill it, because of it's poor health? I'm not condoning what the Fusells' did, but rather curious if it would be animal abuse.

I'm pretty sure thats a mangy raccoon. It was said they were in a tree, I have seen very few dogs climb trees. Besides it looks just like a raccoon with no hair.

Mike

I was just showing this to a friend who asked this question "By 'in the trees' do they mean the animals were hanging out in a group of trees or literally up in a tree?" That looked a little too large for a raccoon, but I would like to point out SOME grey foxes can climb trees rather well. I imagine grey foxes are not that uncommon in Fla.

http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/grey_fox.htm

Grey foxes do indeed climb trees as I have seen this first hand in PA, and like all canines do host mange.

Grey foxes do indeed climb trees as I have seen this first hand in PA, and like all canines do host mange.

I have to admit I don't think I ever actually SAW a grey fox climb a tree, red foxes were more common around the farm I grew up on. But apparently then can and will. I also hear mange is getting quite severe among foxes these days.

• 1 year later...

my ma' told me about this her' chupacabry when she brought me my beer. shoot, you know I'm busier than a one legged man in a butt kickin contest but i told darell i'd see him a bubbas mud hole ternight so i could write this her essay. S.L. done did more damage than a tornado in a trailer park, you bet your bottom dollar. done got this sucker mounted on his wall, so i reckon y'all nice folks don't need to worry any farther than i can spit. anyone wanna pull my finger? All i'm sayin is that this wouldn't happen if that Obama wasn't president of these united states of murica. that boy's so dumb he couldn't find his ass with both hands, and you know he's one of them islam people? him and that Bin Ladin go way back and his people tore down them twiny towers up in new yerk. But I reckon y'all should hop in the pick up and make your way down to bull**** boulevard to go meet S.L. and get a look at that there chupacabry in person. yeehaw and god bless.

...I'm trying to look at this creature and figure out what is it that makes someone look at this and go "That's not a dog or canine. That's a chupacabra!"

Nothing so far to me.

...I'm trying to look at this creature and figure out what is it that makes someone look at this and go "That's not a dog or canine. That's a chupacabra!"

Nothing so far to me.

Well, since it's obviously not a space alien.... :P

I think the media needs to research their own archives, and look up the initial chupacabra reports, that described a creature not remotely canine. Mangy dogs, coyotes, etc., are not, and have never been, chupacabras. They run this stuff for ratings, and ignore the actual data. The initial reports from Puerto Rico were of a bipedal thing, with dark fur/hair, red eyes, and sharp teeth and claws. How we went from that to mangy coyotes and the like, is anyone's guess. Personally, I figure the original was some genetically engineered thing, and this latest stuff is simple disinformation.

I wondered this too. Though I don't keep up on the subject and do not know the history very well either, I always thought it was initially or earlier (Puerto Rico) described as an unknown, "monster" type with glowing red eyes and claws then later, at some point, it has now become a canine?

This is the image that comes to mind when someone mentions the name chupacabra....post-129343-0-42517000-1356744613_thumb.

Not a mangy dog without fur.. it is not even close to the original descriptions

Methinks that the public is just grasping at straws and making claims that any creature out of the ordinary is a chupacabra in order for them to get their 15 minutes of fame

its not a chupracabra if it was a chipacarbra I think florida wouild already have cases on the chipacabra. I don't know whats happening in florida theres been mermaids, zombie attacks, and now this I hope what ever happens in florda stays in florida.

my ma' told me about this her' chupacabry when she brought me my beer. shoot, you know I'm busier than a one legged man in a butt kickin contest but i told darell i'd see him a bubbas mud hole ternight so i could write this her essay. S.L. done did more damage than a tornado in a trailer park, you bet your bottom dollar. done got this sucker mounted on his wall, so i reckon y'all nice folks don't need to worry any farther than i can spit. anyone wanna pull my finger? All i'm sayin is that this wouldn't happen if that Obama wasn't president of these united states of murica. that boy's so dumb he couldn't find his ass with both hands, and you know he's one of them islam people? him and that Bin Ladin go way back and his people tore down them twiny towers up in new yerk. But I reckon y'all should hop in the pick up and make your way down to bull**** boulevard to go meet S.L. and get a look at that there chupacabry in person. yeehaw and god bless.

Way to go bumping a useless thread from 2010.

• Like 1

Nothing so far to me.

The phenomenon that makes people think sick, hairless dogs are chupacabras is the idiotic belief in the creatures to begin with. If you think the mythical chupacabra is real then sooner or later you are going to find something that looks like one to you. Combine this with the fact that people given over to ridiculous fringe-thinking like this are likely to bolster their puny knowledge of the natural world with claptrap they find on the internet (google chupacabra and you will surely find lots of images of mangy canines), and pretty soon you have fox news investigating because they know that crap like this generates advertising revenue.