Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Byzantine iPad' Found in Ancient Shipwreck

Still Waters

Turkish archaeologists excavating a harbor site on the European side of the Bosphorus have unearthed a 1,200-year-old wooden object which they claim is the ancient equivalent of a tablet computer. The device was a notebook and tool - in one.

http://news.discover...wreck-14051.htm

• Like 2

When I spotted this post, the first thing that came to mind was all the pictures I have been seeing on the net from ancient cultures using laptops. Spotting the future tech in old pictures or archeology is always fun to think about.

Who is the little bearded man in the middle block on the right?

The first adding machines were the abacus I think..and I own the first P.C. its so old its steam powered, and i Pads are used in the Eye Hospital.

Such a nice find/article only let down by the authors lust for Apples kool aid...

• Like 1

Why an I-Pad? Why not a technicians tool kit or bag. Sort of reminds me of my wife's sewing box. Have nooks, crannies for all sorts of stuff.

• Like 1

LOL, you guys. iPads are the best.

Did you all know that Steve Jobs thought of the iPad over 30 years ago?

:)

• Like 1

LOL, you guys. iPads are the best.

Did you all know that Steve Jobs thought of the iPad over 30 years ago?

:)

Took a bloody long time for him to get around to it though...

Its a bold claim, a hand held touch screen wireless device had been the goal of many designers/manafucturers for many years, not just Steve jobs.

BTW iPads are not the best, they are just the coolest ;)

That is a neat little gizmo. A merchant's multi-tool. Very clever. The headline? Not so much.

• Like 1

post-9259-0-97109100-1400738946_thumb.jp We had that in the late 60's !

UM your headlines make my generation sound stupid.

iPad? Seriously it's not hard to find a thesaurus... you are on the internet after all.

It's happening more consistantly each week, it's troubling to think the UM homepage will be useless so to speak... spam filters shouldn't be needed to protect readers from dodgey headlines.

No picture of it?! Rats!

eta: Never mind, I was reading the article from the homepage and didn't see it, for some reason it shows it when you come here. *confused*

Edited by Gummug

Why was compared to an iPad and not with a clipboard since that is what truly was ?

Perhaps the headline should more correctly have read, "...'Byzantine iPad' Found in Ancient 'Nuclear Powered' Shipwreck!'

• Like 1