Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mars

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 03:19 PM

Also found this:

http://www.mt.net/~watcher/mars.html

:so

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#2    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 08 March 2002 - 06:48 PM

I have been reading quite a bit of this site. A lot of interesting stuff. However, when reading a section that relates the Antichrist with the anomolies on Mars, the person that wrote the article completely made up stuff from the Bible. He gave information and Bible versus to "prove" his point, but when someone actually takes the time to investigate the scriptures, they would realize that the information this person is providing is fabricated.  

My two cents.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#3    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 08 March 2002 - 08:54 PM

Which, in effect, explains the method used in creating probably 90% of the information contained in anything regarded as 'paranormal'. From Von Daniken to Stitchin and beyond, there is way too much reliance given to the personal interpretations of an individuals story. Common sense dictates that you find collaborating evidense and/or invesitgate someone's claims thoroughly before commiting yourself one way or another to a personal opinion or belief.

Magikman  :sg

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#4    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 08 March 2002 - 09:03 PM

I coundn't agree with you more, Magik. Unfortunately, there are far too many people without common sense

#5    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 09 March 2002 - 02:10 AM

Or worse yet, an inability to reason intelligently or recognize when they are being manipulated and/or maneuvered into a false sense of truthfulness and sincerity by despicable liars intent on advancing their own agenda. Nowadays it seems the greater challange is with whom you would be willing to place your trust anymore.  :-/

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#6    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 09:20 AM

Another unfortunate fact Magik, is that we both know some people on this forum that would fit that description(being manipulated/lied to) accurately

#7    dalia

dalia

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 365 posts

• Purrrrr-fect Mystery

Posted 23 March 2002 - 09:19 AM

OK, ok, I confess   :s01

Oh, wait, that wasn't me, was it?  :s6

Now, come on...who would do such a thing on this forum?  :s1

Dalia   ???

Purrr-fectly happy

#8    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 23 March 2002 - 01:31 PM

Magik & Homer. Yep i really does make trying to find real proof several hundred times harder. The more time i spend looking the more sceptical i find myself becoming.

never take me too seriously

#9    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 23 March 2002 - 08:36 PM

I know what you mean PS, the internet is inundated with unbelievable amounts of information. Key word being 'unbelievable'.  Unfortunately, some of this information is so cleverly disguised as truth it's hard to tell the difference, and like you, I find myself scrutinizing everything. Although I'm far from an expert, infact I'm more like a novice, I think the source is one of the most important piece of information when faced with whether or not something is real.

[glow=blue,2,300]Homer :sj

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users