Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP activists: Why isn't Romney ahead?

questionmark

You don't get to almost crash the entire world's economy and then blame it on the guy who get's the job of fixing it.

But he claimed he would fix it. Was hired to fix it. Sure he cant be blamed for breaking it originaly,( though he did support everything that helped cause it) but he sure can be blamed for not doing what he said he would do.

• Like 1

But he claimed he would fix it. Was hired to fix it. Sure he cant be blamed for breaking it originaly,( though he did support everything that helped cause it) but he sure can be blamed for not doing what he said he would do.

As long as he had a large enough majority on the hill he actually was making steps in the right direction. Which is something that has to be said too. Those efforts stopped when do-nothing-Boehner started to be speaker of the house. And that has also to be said.

Whether I always agreed on how it was done may be a different story.

As long as he had a large enough majority on the hill he actually was making steps in the right direction. Which is something that has to be said too. Those efforts stopped when do-nothing-Boehner started to be speaker of the house. And that has also to be said.

Whether I always agreed on how it was done may be a different story.

I guess some might see it that way. Personaly I dont see any steps in the right direction. In fact once he reapointed Ben Bernanky it became official that he never had any intention of fixing anything. At this point its obvious his global agenda and his desire to make his rich buddies een richer takes top shelf. At our expense.

Thought I saw something about the DOW being at a four year high and that while unemployment is still high Obama is at the point where more jobs have been created than lost since he's been in office. So while he hasn't be great at fixing the economy it doesn't look like he's been horrible either.

Besides the GOP campaign has been nothing but a train wreck. I can understand not liking Obama but I can't see how Romney would do any better. Unless Romney can do great in the debates I can't see how he can pull out a victory.

Thought I saw something about the DOW being at a four year high and that while unemployment is still high Obama is at the point where more jobs have been created than lost since he's been in office. So while he hasn't be great at fixing the economy it doesn't look like he's been horrible either.

Besides the GOP campaign has been nothing but a train wreck. I can understand not liking Obama but I can't see how Romney would do any better. Unless Romney can do great in the debates I can't see how he can pull out a victory.

Even the debates won't help him, won't take a week before caught with his foot in his mouth again.

You don't get to almost crash the entire world's economy and then blame it on the guy who get's the job of fixing it.

Did you not see the charts I posted? How can you blame an economy of over 8% unemployment on a guy who, for most of eight years, had an economy where unemployment was in the 4-5% range? You just don't get to do that. That is analogous to running a 4 man relay...where for the first 3 runners you have a substantial lead...but the 4th guy trips and falls and has to limp on to the finish line where he comes in last. But now, the 4th runner wants to blame the first 3 runners for not giving him a big enough lead...good grief. Can you people just get out of the birth box and look at life from a reality other that the box you were born into?

Did you not see the charts I posted? How can you blame an economy of over 8% unemployment on a guy who, for most of eight years, had an economy where unemployment was in the 4-5% range? You just don't get to do that. That is analogous to running a 4 man relay...where for the first 3 runners you have a substantial lead...but the 4th guy trips and falls and has to limp on to the finish line where he comes in last. But now, the 4th runner wants to blame the first 3 runners for not giving him a big enough lead...good grief.

Precisely. The four runners are Bush, and the fifth runner is Obama. The fifth runner has every right to blame the fourth for blowing the race..

(ring)

Obama: "Hello?"

images5.jpg

Caller: "O-BA-ma! He gave us a PHONE! He gonna do MORE! Romney SUCKS! BAD!"

Obama: "How'd you get this number? ... "

Caller: "Ha ha, just ****in' with you, man ..."

bush_phone.jpg

• Like 4

I'm looking forward to the debate. I think Romney's going to kill it. I don't think Obama is smart nor eloquent, which is why he hasn't taken a real question since Joe the Plumber. He probably sleeps with his teleprompter. He never gives interviews except on The View with the rest of the b****es. His record stinks, and Romney has an entire arsenal of issues that he can call Obama out on that will be completely new to the audience who only watches the liberal media, who get their news from John Stewart and the rest of the comic relief who are just now discovering Obama has been lying about the embassy attack and fast and furious and everything else. If Romney sticks to his guns, the lying liberal "fact-checkers" will be helpless tomorrow against the other fact-checker called Google search.

Edited by Vein Capital
  • Like 1

Romney owned the president. It almost looked like Obama wasn't taking it seriously. Is the fix in already? Wonder what that was about.

• Like 2

Precisely. The four runners are Bush, and the fifth runner is Obama. The fifth runner has every right to blame the fourth for blowing the race..

You live in a surreal world where facts just don't matter. Fact: Bush presided over an economy that was threatened on 9-11-2001. He prosecuted a war on terror and kept the economy from the demise sought by our attackers. Fact: For 8 years unemployment averaged in the 4-5 percent range. Fact: Dodd Frank caused the housing collapse by over-regulating banks. Fact: Business owners and investers by and large pulled out of the stock market in the fall of 2008 for one reason...They feared what Obama was going to do. Fact: The sudden drop in the stock market and the housing industry resulted in a job market that sky rocketed to almost 10% unemployment. These are facts. I didn't create the facts. I am not 'spinning' charts to come up with my own facts. These are the facts. You don't have any facts. Neither does Obama and that is why Romney whipped his ass tonight! Fact: Even Chris Matthews freaked out about how Obama had blown it.

• Like 1

There's still an active operation in play. Would you rather that he got the people still in the field killed to satisfy Congress' curiosity?

Touche!

I'd rather catch the criminals then bust the operation. The trick then would be showing that the operation is effective and worth the trouble from Congress.

Why? The ingrediance are written right on the wrapper. Its the exact same sandwhich.

It is the subtle differences in the spices that make one better then the other. A sandwich with a lot of onion and a sandwich with barely any still have the same ingrediants.

• Like 1

Even the debates won't help him, won't take a week before caught with his foot in his mouth again.

Are you talking about Romney or Biden? LOL :whistle::innocent:

Did you not see the charts I posted? How can you blame an economy of over 8% unemployment on a guy who, for most of eight years, had an economy where unemployment was in the 4-5% range? You just don't get to do that.

You do when the employment graph looks like this.

liberal-total-private-jobs-worldview-june-2012-data1.jpg?w=640&h=359

You do when the employment graph looks like this.

liberal-total-private-jobs-worldview-june-2012-data1.jpg?w=640&h=359

Another thing you don't get to do ...and as Moderator you already know this...is throw out charts without any reference to where they came from or what they mean. What exactly are these charts showing? What exactly is Bush Private Employment...it sounds to me like people who work for Bush. If you want to play chart vs chart...you are going to have to do better than that Tiggs...alot better...for those of you who are lost on what charts I am referring to Click Here (post #29).

Another thing you don't get to do ...and as Moderator you already know this...is throw out charts without any reference to where they came from or what they mean. What exactly are these charts showing? What exactly is Bush Private Employment...it sounds to me like people who work for Bush. If you want to play chart vs chart...you are going to have to do better than that Tiggs...alot better...for those of you who are lost on what charts I am referring to Click Here (post #29).

They're the US government statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics for the net change per month in Private sector jobs. I'd have thought that would have been fairly obvious.

for those of you who are lost on what charts I am referring to Click Here (post #29).

Every single major financial market around the world went through exactly the same sudden drop at exactly the same time, due to the near collapse of the International Banking System.

As much as you'd obviously like to pin that on Obama - we all have longer memories than that.

• Like 1

Every single major financial market around the world went through exactly the same sudden drop at exactly the same time, due to the near collapse of the International Banking System.

As much as you'd obviously like to pin that on Obama - we all have longer memories than that.

Why do some people always suppose that everybody's is just 20 minutes like their own?

As much as you'd obviously like to pin the Banking Crisis on Bush...that ain't the fact Jack. While it is true that the Nasdaq parralled the drop of the DowJones, the fact is also that investors saw Obama coming into power and feared that. It is fear that kills the mind, fear that kills the stock market. Nonetheless...the fact remains that Obama hasn't done anything to promote a jobs market...he has been too busy playing golf and partying with Hollywood. Done with him and done with this thread.

I simply don't want to vote for anyone who has gone to Harvard or Yale.

• Like 1

I'm amazed at how fast people forget things... Romney and his party offer even more of the policies that have destroyed this country. It's not a mistake that four years ago McCain got beat by a landslide. He was offering more of what Bush had done and the American people saw that and realized we can NOT do that anymore... here we are four years later and because people are p***ed off that this country didn't do a complete turn around they are ready to jump right back on the republican "protect the rich but pretend it's for everyone" crap! It's just AMAZING how fast everyone forgets... and even a little sad... don't tell me the policies aren't working. Things were even WORSE four years ago... Rome wasn't built in a day and this country certainly wasn't put in this situation in four years. Bush had 8 years to completly screw the middle class... wake up people and don't fall for the same old BS! Trickle down economics don't work... never had and never will. The republicans know this but that isn't why they do it. It's all about protecting their money and making the middle class flip the bill. Yeah that's real patriotism for you! God bless America... or at least the 1% with the money.

Romney wants to get rid of PBS. The GOP hates Big Bird! The monsters!!!

:P

9vlLq7cii5.jpg

"o-BA-ma! ...

... he gave us a SHOW ...

... he gonna do MORE!"

Edited by Vein Capital

9vlLq7cii5.jpg

"o-BA-ma! ...

... he gave us a SHOW ...

... he gonna do MORE!"

Obama did not do that.... Someone else made that happen.