Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists make 'bug-eye' camera

Still Waters

A digital camera that functions like an insect's compound eye is reported in the journal Nature this week.

It comprises an array of 180 small lenses, which, along with their associated electronics, are stretched across a curved mounting.

The prototype currently has few pixels, so its images are low-resolution.

But the device displays an immense depth of field, and a very wide-angle view that avoids the distortion seen in standard camera lenses.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...onment-22372442

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OverSword

• Still Waters

• Starseed hybrid 1111

• ineffectiveArtist

No examples of how the pictures appear. That bites.

more government ways to spy on the people without them even knowing.LOL I'm not kidding though.anyway i see no point in creating these little gadgets unless for some reason and purposes by you know who and etc!!!

That seems more like an interesting toy for kids (And me!)! It would be a good tool to send to spy on other countries. No, wait, I'm against that! Forget i said anything!!!! XD

more government ways to spy on the people without them even knowing.LOL I'm not kidding though.anyway i see no point in creating these little gadgets unless for some reason and purposes by you know who and etc!!!

New technology is developed all the time.

Whether for medical or military, I would rather have better imaging for a medical technique or a military surveilance/ strike.

Want to make sure we get the true "cancer cells" ya know.

Of course, a phenomenal piece of equipment — for spying.

Great, now instead of DEET we'll have to use small EMP devices to keep the "bugs" at bay.