Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

America Unearthed

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1    Crazyman420

Crazyman420

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

I just got done watching the show "America Unearthed" on H2 and was pretty disappointed. The show was about a stone with runic inscriptions in Arizona. They deciphered it and traced a name back to England. The whole show seemed ver speculative. I couldn't find and more info on the stone or the story behind it. Any one else wondering?

#2    designer

designer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• I believe.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

the grave marker? I got the impression at the end that they were going to apply for permits to dig there based on the ground radar hits.

Carol in NC

Posted Image
EMMA
Give a shelter dog a chance. They'll give you their heart.

#3    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Chances are this is just one of those other cobbled together shows with very little research and a truck load of assumptions.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#4    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,026 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

There's another thread about this television program. It's probably on page 2 or 3 of the list of topics for this forum.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#5    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 14 January 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

There's another thread about this television program. It's probably on page 2 or 3 of the list of topics for this forum.

Yes, but that thread (the one you started) is about a Mayan connection with Georgia:

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=239962

#6    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,026 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

No, it's about the show in general. I merely pointed out the Mayan thing as an example of what the show is about. But everyone ignored that.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#7    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 14 January 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

No, it's about the show in general. I merely pointed out the Mayan thing as an example of what the show is about. But everyone ignored that.

Yeah, I think I'm to blame for that...

#8    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

The person doing all this investigation got his start when he examined the Kensington Rune Stone and found it to be authentic.  I had to laugh because the Kensington Rune Stone was found to be a fake based on the linguistics used.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#9    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 16 January 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

The person doing all this investigation got his start when he examined the Kensington Rune Stone and found it to be authentic.  I had to laugh because the Kensington Rune Stone was found to be a fake based on the linguistics used.
Yeah I see where you're coming from. Considering that almost all Runologists and experts in Scandinavian linguistics consider the runestone to be a hoax.

Publilius Syrus.

#10    leokatero

leokatero

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

I got the impression at the end that they were going to apply for permits to dig there based on the ground radar hits.Posted Image

#11    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I was impressed with the Demonstration of Dowsing however. Rekindled my interest in that area.

#12    Everdred

Everdred

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

I caught the last 15 minutes of an episode last night about the "Anubis Cave" in western Oklahoma.  The cave takes it's name from a crude carving of a dog-ish figure.  Other figures noted were a crude man holding something that could possibly construed as a knife or sword and a bull figure, with a sunset depicted between them.  The latter was connected to the fact that the sun shines on that spot of the cave wall when it sets at the autumnal equinox (and probably also for a few weeks around that date).

So naturally the host of the show interpreted the cave as evidence for a migration of Celts who practiced Mithraism and also worshipped Anubis.  I giggled.

#13    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostEverdred, on 20 January 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

I caught the last 15 minutes of an episode last night about the "Anubis Cave" in western Oklahoma.  The cave takes it's name from a crude carving of a dog-ish figure.  Other figures noted were a crude man holding something that could possibly construed as a knife or sword and a bull figure, with a sunset depicted between them.  The latter was connected to the fact that the sun shines on that spot of the cave wall when it sets at the autumnal equinox (and probably also for a few weeks around that date).

So naturally the host of the show interpreted the cave as evidence for a migration of Celts who practiced Mithraism and also worshipped Anubis.  I giggled.

They actually said "evidence for a migration of Celts who practiced Mithraism and also worshipped Anubis." Bit of a stretch isn't it?

Publilius Syrus.

#14    ruiomichlet

ruiomichlet

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

I got the impression at the end that they were going to apply for permits to dig there based on the ground radar hits.Posted ImagePosted Image

#15    aidaubmeg459

aidaubmeg459

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

hmm... kinda sounds to me  like on the autumn equinox the buffalo had them trapped in the cave and they were really really bored sitting there waiting for the buffalo to move so they doodled lol.... why does science always assume these people sat around a campfire and planned out every line drawn on a cave wall?? they never say  " well i think they went in here to take a nice private dump and doodled on the wall."... have you ever been in a public bathroom stall or a portajohn?? this is human nature!

Ok I understand you spent 50 bucks to get high to post that.... that does not make you sound more intelligent. I would suggest a refund... being arguable is not the same as being intelligent....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users