Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 4 votes

My two years unusal encounter


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
314 replies to this topic

#301    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:in between

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostHazzard, on 10 December 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

I wonder if the first UM rule applies here,... ?
  • 1a. Advertising: Do not use the forum to advertise a product, site or service.

Looks like you are already broke site rule number 5i...

"5i. Rule quoting: Do not quote the site rules to other members, if you believe the rules have been broken please hit the 'report' button."

LOL i've just broken  as well! :)

Edited by qxcontinuum, 10 December 2013 - 03:50 PM.


#302    Star Man

Star Man

    Apparition

  • Closed
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined:11 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

View Posttoast, on 10 December 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

On your blog, and below the donation button, the following statement is listed:

"My blog has been featured on Forensic Science's list of the best UFO blogs"

As I cannot find this list on the web, pls provide a link that this rating can be verified.

I do not know her :

----- Original Message -----
From: ------------
To: ---------------
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2011 11:38 AM
Subject: I Love Your Blog!


Hi spacelife,
I am writing to inform you that your blog has been featured on Forensic Science's list of the best UFO blogs found here: http://www.forensics.../best-ufo-blogs. We hand-picked a list of our favorites and outlined the unique reasons why we love them.
I would really appreciate your feedback on our list. We have created a badge that you are welcome to use anywhere on your site. It is a great way to let your readers know you have been recognized. You will find it at the bottom of the list. Simply copy and paste the provided HTML snippet from our page to any place on your site.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,
-----

http://www.forensicscience.net/  same as :  http://www.collegesanddegrees.com/

Edited by Saru, 10 December 2013 - 06:43 PM.
Removed personal details


#303    Star Man

Star Man

    Apparition

  • Closed
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined:11 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostHazzard, on 10 December 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

I wonder if the first UM rule applies here,... ?
  • 1a. Advertising: Do not use the forum to advertise a product, site or service.

Even NARCAP has the donation button on their web page : http://www.narcap.or...out_NARCAP.html

Edited by Star Man, 10 December 2013 - 06:53 PM.


#304    Saru

Saru

    Site Webmaster

  • 19,627 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2001
  • Gender:Male

  • "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

Technically having a donate button on a site doesn't constitute direct advertising unless someone is explicitly telling people to go to their site and pay money to view the content. The last image posted was done so without soliciting funds as far as I'm aware.

Quote

Forensic Science's list of the best UFO blogs found here: http://www.forensics.../best-ufo-blogs.

That link doesn't appear to be working.


#305    Kahn

Kahn

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Joined:29 Apr 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abingdon, MD

  • Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

I find it hard to believe that a site (for profit, college advertising) claiming to be about Forensic Studies in relation to Criminal Justice would entertain a UFO section.  (Not ruling it out altogether, just very skeptical.)


#306    Star Man

Star Man

    Apparition

  • Closed
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined:11 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

Quote

That link doesn't appear to be working

they may changed their web page, so that link would not working.
http://www.forensicscience.net/  same as :  http://www.collegesanddegrees.com/

Edited by Star Man, 10 December 2013 - 07:20 PM.


#307    Kahn

Kahn

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Joined:29 Apr 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abingdon, MD

  • Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

Yea, it's a "for pay" aggregator; you pay them to be listed on their site and they do the work of being near the top of the search engine results.


#308    toast

toast

    Ack Ack Ack? Ack-Ack!

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Joined:24 Nov 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germany

  • WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostSaru, on 10 December 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Technically having a donate button on a site doesn't constitute direct advertising unless someone is explicitly telling people to go to their site and pay money to view the content. The last image posted was done so without soliciting funds as far as I'm aware.

Dear Saru,

Member Star Man is telling people indirect to go to his page, by adding a link to his blog with sayings like : please visite my blog/here is the picture/related article/ufo photos on my blog etc.
On page one on this blog is an offer, to visite the owner to look at pictures at his location, for money to be spend for:

"If you would like to see my alien photos and study what is in the UFO( subjects might be related to astrobiology), you may come to my place ( new Zealand), but you’ve got to pay a fee ( because it costs me a lot to get them ). I will not post my alien photo here, if you suspect it is the truth, you can call CNN, Discovery TV, NASA…… come to witness & exam( no charge for them). contact XXXXXXXXXX"

This offer is of commercial value.

But if this kind of offer is in compliance with the UM rules, than it´s ok for me.

toast

"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -
"Gravitation sucks!" - Paolo Nespoli, ESA ISS1 Astronaut -
"It`s a loser`s emblem (swastika), because the Nazis lost the war. It`s ridiculous to suggest we are involved with fascists.
All my best friends are black, gay, Irish or criminals." - Johnny Rotten -

#309    Star Man

Star Man

    Apparition

  • Closed
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined:11 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

Accused from this forum:

Unexplained-Mysteries bro, not writers guild of america.

Your pictures show a bunch of nothing.

Starman I suggest you learn how to use a camera.

I agree. OP is either trolling.

Star boy is a genuine troll.

I am putting you on the ignore list.

Your other picture is also an absolute joke.

your pictures are horrible

This is a commercial to sell a book

Are you Billy Meier MKII ??

This thread should be deleted

Who are the scientists and there contact information so we can check.

I hope nobody who reads this thread actually believes this guy.

Not only are you being fooled, he is making money off the fools.

That has to be the crappiest pictures I have EVER seen... EVER!!!!

You're a conman



#310    toast

toast

    Ack Ack Ack? Ack-Ack!

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Joined:24 Nov 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germany

  • WARNING!REALITY ADVISORY!
    Posts by this user may contain
    statements that may offend
    publishers of pics/clips of
    supposed UFO/alien sightings.

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostStar Man, on 10 December 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Even NARCAP has the donation button on their web page : http://www.narcap.or...out_NARCAP.html

NARCAP has a donation button and provides a contact name and an address on their page. You don´t.

"I am discounting the reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?" - Stephen Hawking -
"Gravitation sucks!" - Paolo Nespoli, ESA ISS1 Astronaut -
"It`s a loser`s emblem (swastika), because the Nazis lost the war. It`s ridiculous to suggest we are involved with fascists.
All my best friends are black, gay, Irish or criminals." - Johnny Rotten -

#311    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 9,558 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostStar Man, on 10 December 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

Accused from this forum:

Unexplained-Mysteries bro, not writers guild of america.

Your pictures show a bunch of nothing.

Starman I suggest you learn how to use a camera.

I agree. OP is either trolling.

Star boy is a genuine troll.

I am putting you on the ignore list.

Your other picture is also an absolute joke.

your pictures are horrible

This is a commercial to sell a book

Are you Billy Meier MKII ??

This thread should be deleted

Who are the scientists and there contact information so we can check.

I hope nobody who reads this thread actually believes this guy.

Not only are you being fooled, he is making money off the fools.

That has to be the crappiest pictures I have EVER seen... EVER!!!!

You're a conman

Welcome to the UFO section. That's how most threads here are. Maybe just throw in a "I'm smarter than you" line with those.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#312    Star Man

Star Man

    Apparition

  • Closed
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Joined:11 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 10 December 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

Welcome to the UFO section. That's how most threads here are. Maybe just throw in a "I'm smarter than you" line with those.

this is the most laughable comment:
http://www.unexplain...c=112135&st=165

I can answer that one without even having to click on your link.

You suck at taking pictures.

Guys, this is the biggest scam ever. Every time someone clicks on a link to go to his blog, he gets money. I traced it to a bank near him.

Not only are you being fooled, he is making money off the fools.


Edited by Star Man, 10 December 2013 - 11:27 PM.


#313    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 9,558 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostStar Man, on 10 December 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

this is the most laughable comment:
http://www.unexplain...c=112135&st=165

I can answer that one without even having to click on your link.

You suck at taking pictures.

Guys, this is the biggest scam ever. Every time someone clicks on a link to go to his blog, he gets money. I traced it to a bank near him.

Not only are you being fooled, he is making money off the fools.


You bought a Ferrari yet, with all the money you're raking in?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#314    Hazzard

Hazzard

    Stellar Black Hole

  • Member
  • 11,757 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Inside Voyager 1.

  • Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

Posted Image

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#315    Saru

Saru

    Site Webmaster

  • 19,627 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2001
  • Gender:Male

  • "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

toast said:

But if this kind of offer is in compliance with the UM rules, than it´s ok for me.

That's not what I said, the solicitation of donations on the forums is certainly not in compliance with the UM rules.

Regardless, given how much thread has degenerated over the last few pages there's little point keeping this going.

Closed.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users