Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

White Monster

basswalker

In the early 1990's I was living in an old farmhouse with my mom, brother, aunt and two of her kids. The house had been in the family for years and had no history of being haunted or anything. I remember going there as kid for family gatherings and having fun staying over, fishing, playing hide and seek, walking in the woods, and never noticed anything scary. The house sat unoccupied for a few years before we all moved in. My aunt had just gotten divorced and with my dad was overseas in the service we all moved in. Mostly so my mom could comfort her sister who was distraught over her divorce.

Things started out fine. I was about 10 years old, and it was summer in the country. However, things started to go downhill. I broke a bone in my arm. My aunt got severely depressed. My brother had to get stitches. It was then when the place had a spooky feeling to it. Especially downstairs, it felt like you was being watched. Then to make it worse, my aunt was down in the basement doing the laundry, and she came running up yelling that something had tried to grab her. On one occasion we were all going to go to a gas station after nightfall to get candy and snacks. We were walking out to the car and inside the minivan there was a blue flash. I seen it as well as my mom and aunt who just turned around and didn't want to scare the other kids. We left the place for a few days and when we came back there was mud smeared up by the door. It was at this time where my younger brother and cousins would run back from the famliy room crying that they seen a white zombie out the window.

Next weird event involved unexplained knocking coming from somewhere inside the house. It happened on at least two events both during the day. Then I found a piece of paper folder up in my room. I opened it up and it was a handwritten note saying to leave the house. I suppose my younger brother could've done it after we had some kind of argument. I just tore it up. I was walking in the field along the treeline and going to head into the woods and then something started to shake a small tree and run away. Once we were all out in the living room and it was at night and the knocking started again. We knew one had came because there was no curtains and you can see down the driveway which goes down the hill about 800 feet and if there are any headlights they shine right into the room. Anyways the knocking stopped. From the living room there is a small side room the leads to the exit. Then where the small side room is there was a thud at the door and you could see the door handle turning. I had my bb gun pointed at the door just in case. I remember my aunt afterwards saying it was just the wind but we all knew better. Days later we were all sleeping in the same room. There were no curtains in the house. I was awoke in the middle of the night and for some dumb reason I happened to look out the window. There standing about 10 feet outside staring into the window was a white figure. It had a human shape and similar height but much larger proportions. I gave look and then pushed my head under the covers.

Has anyone ever heard anything like this? I think my aunt being depressed brought it out from somewhere kind of like it came out of the wood work or something. I recently asking my aunt and mom if they remembered anything more about it and they just basically said they were trying to forget it.

• Like 1

welcome to the forum and thanks for giving me several sleepless nights.

also sounds like a killer plot.

Did anyone ever see this thing inside the house?

Sounds a lot like a poltergeist. Which is a kind of ghost/spirit which makes noises and images to scare people away.

Did anyone live in the house before your family, or did your family build it?

It's a bright 9am here and I'm sitting here eating breakfast and I found myself freeze when I heard the garbage collector doing its rounds. Very freaky stuff you experienced. As what it could be, I'm not sure if it would be a poltergeist due to a humanoid figure of unusual description is present.

A zombie? Unless it was being used or something it wouldnt have been capable of writing a note. I have read of stories on here about people seeing white humanoid creatures but it doesn't sound like something I could identify at all.

• Like 1

I do think it was your aunts depression that attracted it . It's sounds like a haunting ,but I've never heard of the white figure before .Interesting . You go with your bb gun :)

Awsome and terrifiying story .. What adds to the credibility imo is your mother and aunt trying to forget it when it's been years after it happened .. I would very much like to know what that was ...

My grandparents built the house in the 1960's, raised 8 kids there, and operated a small farm. Once the kids were out of school the grandparents moved to New York, but there was always a couple of their kids still living there until the two years before we moved in where it sat unoccupied. I don't remember anyone seeing

it inside. Most of the activity occured around the livingroom. The livingroom had 5-6 large windows and deck that over looked the driveway. Usually my brother or

cousins would be watching tv and would see it on the deck. I think they thought it was zombie because of it's shape. Her ex was in another state. The only other

occasion I remember someone else seeing it was when my older cousin caught a glimpse while we were hiking in a field, and all of sudden my cousin took off running.

I remember he was spooked and he said he had seen someting through the trees that was white. Later he changed his mind saying it was just the tail of a whitetail

deer waving behind a tree, but his parents were really strict and wouldn't tolerate a notion about a white monster. One theory I had was there was all those

people living in the house and finaly when everyone moved out there was a void left. It still doesn't explain what it was, or where it came from.

Does the house have a basement? Or can you get under the house? A white creature would suggest a nightime being, or a subterrainean creature. Are their neighbors nearby? Any abandoned buildings? Woods? Caves?

Curious...

• 1 year later...

Does the house have a basement? Or can you get under the house? A white creature would suggest a nightime being, or a subterrainean creature. Are their neighbors nearby? Any abandoned buildings? Woods? Caves?

Curious...

Yes, the house had large basement that was attached to garage. There were neighbors who lived at the bottom of the hill along the road. Since then a lot of houses have been built around the area. There was one barn/garage and some old shacks in the woods. I'm not sure if there any caves but I remember being able to walk in the woods for miles and it would only be deep woods. I looked on google satellite map and most of the woods are gone now.

So no one else in your family has seen it except your brothers and one cousin?

Plus my mother and aunt.

It could have been a traveling spirit. Maybe a spirit latched onto your aunt or cousins and followed them to that house. I know that happened to my grandma, she let a distant cousin stay at her house and instantly started noticing "paranormal" events when before, there never were any. The distant cousin then told my grandma that her house she lives in is haunted and that something was following her. So my grandma contacted a psychic and a paranormal research group to come into her home and they captured some creepy things on camera and the psychic said she felt the presence of a young boy. So they called in a priest to bless the house. There were never any deaths in that house, that house has always been in the family.

Ohio seems to have a sizeable population of white unknown creatures. Never a dull moment there, I suppose.

It could have been a traveling spirit. Maybe a spirit latched onto your aunt or cousins and followed them to that house. I know that happened to my grandma, she let a distant cousin stay at her house and instantly started noticing "paranormal" events when before, there never were any. The distant cousin then told my grandma that her house she lives in is haunted and that something was following her. So my grandma contacted a psychic and a paranormal research group to come into her home and they captured some creepy things on camera and the psychic said she felt the presence of a young boy. So they called in a priest to bless the house. There were never any deaths in that house, that house has always been in the family.

Interesting seems a bit similar.

The title of this thread is racist... :P

• Like 2

Ohio seems to have a sizeable population of white unknown creatures. Never a dull moment there, I suppose.

im from ohio and yet to have heard of any such white unknown creatures roaming about... and trust me it gets pretty dull

A sign of the times: a lame jokes gets more likes than the actual story.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont know much about the paranormal but what if itwas a wendigo seeing as it was white anyone with more knowledge give there input haha

Be good children, or the clavers will get you.

Yeah, I initially thought it was referring to the heavy in an upcoming Spike Lee movie.

:)

Oh...and another ancient thread necromanced from the dead. Is it just me or is it happening more often lately?

Edited by Hida Akechi

Get a lot of new members in the summer, school kids are hitting the net in force. Also, if someone post a new thread about an old thing people are quick to point out the 8 other threads they should have read before posting.

• 4 weeks later...

It was resurrected by the OP. Although, it does seem a bit weird after 2 years, I'll admit.

Interesting report, basswalker. Did you happen to ask the neighbours if they had seen anything weird?