Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Texas FORMALLY requests secession

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#241    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 14 November 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

Strangely we see that Obama did not get 47%, which according to you are on government benefits (which is not really true, a study has shown that more than 90% of Americans get a government benefit of some sort and that 1% of those don't want to contribute to them supported by 40% who are also taking from the pork barrel) he got almost 8% more than Romney, or somewhere around 53%. Which happens to be a clear majority.

Now, you can accept that the majority wants something different than you or you can retire into the sulking corner.

Strangely you assume that every single American actually voted.
Secondly, i said 47% DONT PAY TAXES....  THere is a difference between taxes and welfare.
YOUR problem as always in these posts is that rather than listening and understanding what a person is saying, you jump straight to the defensive posture and talk out your rear.
The majority of people DID vote for Obama, duh!
The Majority of people OBVIOUSLY want something different than i do.  double duh!
The problem is, WHAT do they want?
I have not seen a single person come out and say they voted for Obama because of his aggressive anti spending platform, or his deficit reduction plans. (These would be what I want)
I have seen people flat out say they voted for Obama on hopes of getting Gay Marriage bills passed, His flexibility on Illegal Immigration, His Obamacare package.  The majority voted for Obama on the premise that he GIVE them something.
So much for JFK's "Ask not what your country can do for you speech".

And guess what?  This is America.  I do actually have the RIGHT to speak about how i feel in terms of the way my country is being run.
If you are truly in Greece, you of all people should fully understand what happens when a group of people is cared for to the point that hte govt can no longer support its people.
I could sulk quietly in the corner, but then i wouldnt have the right to say I told you so when America turns into Greece.

#242    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,285 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 19 November 2012 - 02:54 PM, said:

Strangely you assume that every single American actually voted.
Secondly, i said 47% DONT PAY TAXES....  THere is a difference between taxes and welfare.
YOUR problem as always in these posts is that rather than listening and understanding what a person is saying, you jump straight to the defensive posture and talk out your rear.
The majority of people DID vote for Obama, duh!
The Majority of people OBVIOUSLY want something different than i do.  double duh!
The problem is, WHAT do they want?
I have not seen a single person come out and say they voted for Obama because of his aggressive anti spending platform, or his deficit reduction plans. (These would be what I want)
I have seen people flat out say they voted for Obama on hopes of getting Gay Marriage bills passed, His flexibility on Illegal Immigration, His Obamacare package.  The majority voted for Obama on the premise that he GIVE them something.
So much for JFK's "Ask not what your country can do for you speech".

And guess what?  This is America.  I do actually have the RIGHT to speak about how i feel in terms of the way my country is being run.
If you are truly in Greece, you of all people should fully understand what happens when a group of people is cared for to the point that hte govt can no longer support its people.
I could sulk quietly in the corner, but then i wouldnt have the right to say I told you so when America turns into Greece.

Because I am in Greece I understand fully what happens to a country where the rich refuse to pay taxes.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#243    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,688 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 19 November 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

Because I am in Greece I understand fully what happens to a country where the rich refuse to pay taxes.
The Rich in America pay the majority of taxes.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#244    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

I think we tried once before and failed. I hope that history does repeat itself.

#245    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,285 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

View Postjoc, on 19 November 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

The Rich in America pay the majority of taxes.

They earn about 65% of all income and pay 40% of the taxes, we know, we know.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#246    joc

joc

• 12,688 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 19 November 2012 - 04:05 PM, said:

They earn about 65% of all income and pay 40% of the taxes, we know, we know.
...as if there should be some kind of a ratio between what one earns and what one pays in taxes...we know too...

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#247    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,285 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

View Postjoc, on 19 November 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

...as if there should be some kind of a ratio between what one earns and what one pays in taxes...we know too...

There always has been one, from biblical times on. But keep on believing in the asocial and greed brainwash they gave you.

about me

#248    joc

joc

• 12,688 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 19 November 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

There always has been one, from biblical times on. But keep on believing in the asocial and greed brainwash they gave you.
Okay I will...thanks!

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#249    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 19 November 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

California is bankrupt (financially and morally)

lol, damn right.

#250    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,762 posts

• "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" (Freud )

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

View Postaztek, on 14 November 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

you didn't show anything exsept your antiamerican stance and lies.

He is not Anti- American, or a liar!  He is disagreeing and supporting his argument with his reasons why. Your counter is an attack on his character, as opposed to addressing the parts of his argument that you disagree with.

What is it that you disagree with and why?

Edited by Sherapy, 20 November 2012 - 01:34 AM.

#251    joc

joc

• 12,688 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostSherapy, on 20 November 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

He is not Anti- American, or a liar!  He is disagreeing and supporting his argument with his reasons why. Your counter is an attack on his character, as opposed to addressing the parts of his argument that you disagree with.

What is it that you disagree with and why?
I second that.  Just because someone has a liberal perspective and a belief system that is...uh...different (  :)  )...doesn't make one anti-American...and...Questionmark does present arguments that are based in truth...possibly from a parallel universe...but nonetheless he is not a liar...and name calling like that is just so...well...apart from being against the forum rules...it's just kind of vulgar...now...if I call Obama an out and out liar...which I believe he is...that is kind of different...but when you are calling a classmate, or teammate, or fellow forum member names like that...tsk, tsk... :no:

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#252    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,260 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

I've been thinking about the results if the United States broke down into seperate countries and a lot of interesting scenarios popped into my mind.

California and the other coastal states could make a ton of money by charging a tariff on all goods shipped by the landlocked states.
There actually might be wars fought in the southwest over control of water supplies.
Government would actually grow in each state as they added border guards to stop bootlegging/smuggling, a military, and replaced some services that are done strictly by the federal government now (Ambassadors, etc.).
Some states might not opt for a democracy or republic.  We might have a theocracy or two and maybe even a corporate owned state.
Some states might decide to further break up and parts might want to join other states.

And of course this is ignoring the logistics of it all. Defaulting on the national debt.  Cancelling social security, welfare, etc.

#253    joc

joc

• 12,688 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostGromdor, on 20 November 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

I've been thinking about the results if the United States broke down into seperate countries and a lot of interesting scenarios popped into my mind.

California and the other coastal states could make a ton of money by charging a tariff on all goods shipped by the landlocked states.
There actually might be wars fought in the southwest over control of water supplies.
Government would actually grow in each state as they added border guards to stop bootlegging/smuggling, a military, and replaced some services that are done strictly by the federal government now (Ambassadors, etc.).
Some states might not opt for a democracy or republic.  We might have a theocracy or two and maybe even a corporate owned state.
Some states might decide to further break up and parts might want to join other states.

And of course this is ignoring the logistics of it all. Defaulting on the national debt.  Cancelling social security, welfare, etc.
I think your premise is flawed big time.  The United States of Texas already has open water ways.  We wouldn't be paying California for jack...California would have to pay us a tariff to ship their goods through the Gulf of Texas.   And we would then just ship them to the States in our Union via trucks.  Yah!  I like it!

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#254    Gromdor

Gromdor

Psychic Spy

• 1,260 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

LOL, I did say California and OTHER coastal states.

#255    joc

joc

• 12,688 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

I just assumed you meant California, Oregon and Washington...Florida, the Gulf States, North and South Carolina, they would all join the US of T.  lol

Posted Image

ReverbNation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users