Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US/China agree to rid NK of Nuclear Weapons

Ashotep

The US and China have agreed on a plan to take away Jong-un nuclear weapons. The Chinese are worried about him themselves and is loosing influence on NK. You would think they would cut their water off {money}. Hopefully they will succeed at this but I doubt it.

Nuclear-free North Korea goal of U.S.-China pledge

• Like 5

The US and China have agreed on a plan to take away Jong-un nuclear weapons. The Chinese are worried about him themselves and is loosing influence on NK. You would think they would cut their water off {money}. Hopefully they will succeed at this but I doubt it.

Nuclear-free North Korea goal of U.S.-China pledge

Realistically the only way of removing the threat is to remove the Regime,how it is to be done is another question.The Humanitarian cost would be high and this is the main factor that makes a Military Solution a very difficult call to make.

• Like 3

This is like trying to take the knife from a Homeless person... Only over their dead body...

If we want NK to give up their nukes, we're going to have to TAKE them.
  • Like 5

This is like trying to take the knife from a Homeless person... Only over their dead body...

If we want NK to give up their nukes, we're going to have to TAKE them.

And it's guaranteed to be a horrifically bloody task. The only question is, will appeasing them cost more in the future? That answer is almost certainly yes :(

• Like 2

I'm glad China seems to be backing this as well. NK is a scary enough adversary, I cannot imagine how bad it would be if China was supporting this madness.

• Like 4

Dont trust china,if there was a war and we sent aircraft carries to wipe north Korea off the map i think china might jump in or something

Dont trust china,if there was a war and we sent aircraft carries to wipe north Korea off the map i think china might jump in or something

Maybe but China cannot risk being at Odds with the United nations. They've just signed a new treaty with Australia and are trying to better their relations with other countries. If they attacked america then all that would be lost and they would face the combined effort of a dozen countries. They are smarter than that. They may have the largest army, but they don't have the hardware. NK is trying to gain attention mostly, but China doesn't need to.

It would be an utterly foolish move which would gain them nothing but contempt from other countries once the bloodshed had ended.

• Like 1

The Chinese (and a number of other Communist countries) are no longer interested in spreading Communism to the rest of the world. That missionary ferver has died off.

I would agree one should not trust the Chinese, but I would add one should not trust the Americans or the Russians or the British or even the Brazilians. One needs to always keep what is in a given country's interests.

Removing nuclear weapons from smaller states is essential. In fact, removing nuclear weapons from the world is essential, and Obama's much-disregarded initatives are to be praised and discussed

• Like 1

I have the feeling that N. Korea is more bluff and propaganda than real power, and that a serious assault by China from the North, with air support from the Americans and enough action in the south to keep the troops the North has there in place would be a good plan and the fighting would be over in a few weeks.

Of course then the North would be in Chinese hands; to my view not a bad thing.

Well China is in new leadership so not sure if thats true about war. But stop saying "blowing NK off the map"

• Like 1

I think he said wipe NK off the map. I think it should be too, it should just be Korea but not with the North in charge.

I'm not sure what the Chinese would do either. I know NK don't buy their junk and the rest of the world does.

• Like 1

Agreed,you need to be Wary of the Chinese, but a solution to the NK problem would ultimately have to involve them.The advantage lies with the US, and they should stop the constant cycle of appeasement and call young Kimmys bluff.

• Like 1

Well China is in new leadership so not sure if thats true about war. But stop saying "blowing NK off the map"

Why?

Maybe the world should just carry on giving NK vast amounts of aid every time he holds a gun to the worlds head.Time for Appeasement is over, if ultimately the Military option is adopted then so be it.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

To me aid is not the issue; the issue is they are developing nuclear weapons and the missiles to deliver them. The same applies to Iran. These governments have got to either be persuaded to stop what they are doing or face genuine military consequences.

To me aid is not the issue; the issue is they are developing nuclear weapons and the missiles to deliver them. The same applies to Iran. These governments have got to either be persuaded to stop what they are doing or face genuine military consequences.

Wow, don't hold back Frank, tell us how you really feel!

global nuclear disarmament is the only reasonable option.

• Like 2

If that only included nuclear power plants as well. Which have caused innumerably greater damage to this planet then atomic weapons.

Well, yes. Do you expect reasonableness?

I really feel that Iran or N. Korea having nuclear weapons and the ability to deliver them is a death sentence for millions.

Wonder if China will want to do the same to the US one day?

No one should have them...end off!!!

As long as one country has them, we all have to hold our breathes for peace, please be good China, please be good American, please be good Russia, please be good India, please be good Pakistan, please be good France...

and please be good Mr scientist who would sell his soul to the devil.

Edited by freetoroam

NK is in a bad enough situation. There west coast is poisoned with Fukishima radiation there main food supplier China is in the middle of an Avian bird flu epidemic. New Leader having a massive wargame is normal in there society. If we werent so Imperialistic it would be a non starter. But in America we have to twist everything into its worst case scenario while denying any responsibility for our own actions.

I mean get real. They have tech that can hit Seoul..a mere few miles away. OMG there gonna destroy the World as we know it. How paranoid is that.

You have a very young NEW leader that is dealing with the old regime generals. IMO he has shown great restraint and made no mistakes with his weaponry to warrant a complaint like disarmenant. We do that too countries like countries like Germany and Japan post WW1 and WW2. Not for not firing a shot.

Frankly, North Korea is looking down the barrel of the world's largest army and that of the world's most advanced armed forces.

That's China and America.

If they wanted, they could lob the sort of artillery into the place that'd turn it into a flat plain and not put a single boot on the ground. Knowing China they'd then salt the ground and put more landmines then God could count into the area as well and just tell "Only Korea" to deal with any refugees themselves.

Lmao

I am one of the few that do not take his threats that seriously. Heck even that video of a unnamed American city being bombed was a scene rip off from the Armageddon movie....Kim Jong Un is all talk and no bark so I would say we should not use force to get what we want from him.

Hmm. Whos sabre rattling ? These politicos have no idea how to deescalate a bad situation. Anyone can start a war it takes a real good politician to keep us from getting into one.

• Like 1