Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Transgender fighter wants to fight in the UFC


  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: Transgender fighter wants to fight in the UFC (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Should she be able to fight women?

  1. Yes (4 votes [15.38%])

    Percentage of vote: 15.38%

  2. No (18 votes [69.23%])

    Percentage of vote: 69.23%

  3. Not sure (4 votes [15.38%])

    Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    notoverrated

notoverrated

    O.O

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Joined:18 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas

  • courage > scooby

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

http://www.tmz.com/2...ufc-fallon-fox/

Her record is 2-0 with a 1-0 amateur record, she has scored 2 KO/TKO's in her professional career and a submission via armbar in her amateur fight.

idk about this, seems a little unfair for the other female fighters.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#2    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,632 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

'She' comes off as a wuss. She'd probably come off a lot better if she'd fight the men and command a lot more respect. Of course she has an advantage. Pathetic.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#3    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

    Hermit

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

  • I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

better article here right now her license is being investigated http://www.mmajunkie...se-under-review

...personally im half and half on this im voting not sure but leaning towards no. she does have an advantage over other women without a doubt, but theres women in the fight game who im sure could beat alot of top quality fighters in the mens division if they wanted too.... very difficult situation for the commision to be in.


#4    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DarkSide of TheMoon

  • "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

No way in hell should this be allowed,i am all for equality but this is BS!I wont put to much thought into it though,not a chance Dana will ever allow this.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#5    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

    Hermit

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

  • I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 06 March 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

No way in hell should this be allowed,i am all for equality but this is BS!I wont put to much thought into it though,not a chance Dana will ever allow this.

at the end of the day dana can only do so much now im not disagreeing with you but if she is licensed by the commision and as a female should she rack up more wins and continue to call out the ufc you can bet your ass hes going to be pressured and lobbied until he makes the fight wether its prelim or not. not saying i agree with it i dont know what to make of it. this is fairly new in the fight game there have been a few transgendered muay thai champs but none that i know of in boxing and as far as i know this is the first case in mma so this is something that should be addressed and properly mandated by the commisions


#6    notoverrated

notoverrated

    O.O

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Joined:18 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas

  • courage > scooby

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 06 March 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

better article here right now her license is being investigated http://www.mmajunkie...se-under-review

...personally im half and half on this im voting not sure but leaning towards no. she does have an advantage over other women without a doubt, but theres women in the fight game who im sure could beat alot of top quality fighters in the mens division if they wanted too.... very difficult situation for the commision to be in.
it is a hard decision to make, either way your going to p*** off a bunch of people.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#7    notoverrated

notoverrated

    O.O

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Joined:18 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas

  • courage > scooby

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 06 March 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

at the end of the day dana can only do so much now im not disagreeing with you but if she is licensed by the commision and as a female should she rack up more wins and continue to call out the ufc you can bet your ass hes going to be pressured and lobbied until he makes the fight wether its prelim or not. not saying i agree with it i dont know what to make of it. this is fairly new in the fight game there have been a few transgendered muay thai champs but none that i know of in boxing and as far as i know this is the first case in mma so this is something that should be addressed and properly mandated by the commisions
true,  think they made a movie about one of them also if im not mistaken.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#8    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DarkSide of TheMoon

  • "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 06 March 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

better article here right now her license is being investigated http://www.mmajunkie...se-under-review

...personally im half and half on this im voting not sure but leaning towards no. she does have an advantage over other women without a doubt, but theres women in the fight game who im sure could beat alot of top quality fighters in the mens division if they wanted too.... very difficult situation for the commision to be in.

Truth being told after the lower level fighters,no its not even close!Rhonda Rousey is top notch and world class,but she is the same weight class as urijah faber.Once urijah came to the ufc he is about upper mid-level and being honest if these 2 fought it would be so one sided it would be heartbreaking to watch.I have trained with every level of men and women in combat sports.This should never be allowed period!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#9    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

    Hermit

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

  • I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 06 March 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

it is a hard decision to make, either way your going to p*** off a bunch of people.
oh without a doubt there will be alot of anger from people regardless of the decision but its something that NEEDS to be adressed by the commision and mandated so the line is drawn.

View Postnotoverrated, on 06 March 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

true,  think they made a movie about one of them also if im not mistaken.

Parinya Charoenphol, the beautiful boxer is the name of the movie


#10    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

    Hermit

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

  • I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 06 March 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Truth being told after the lower level fighters,no its not even close!Rhonda Rousey is top notch and world class,but she is the same weight class as urijah faber.Once urijah came to the ufc he is about upper mid-level and being honest if these 2 fought it would be so one sided it would be heartbreaking to watch.I have trained with every level of men and women in combat sports.This should never be allowed period!

i dont think it should be allowed either in combat sports however im only saying that theres women out there that can hang with the best of em not just in mma but in boxing and muay thai perhaps me saying top quality fighters was too much but if an ann wolfe or lucille rijker in their primes fought some of the top fighters in their time oo man thatd been interesting. womens mma hasnt come around enough to where any single female is a pure mixed martial artist yet. thats not to disrespect them but womens mma is still in its infancy.

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 06 March 2013 - 08:18 PM.


#11    notoverrated

notoverrated

    O.O

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Joined:18 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas

  • courage > scooby

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 06 March 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Truth being told after the lower level fighters,no its not even close!Rhonda Rousey is top notch and world class,but she is the same weight class as urijah faber.Once urijah came to the ufc he is about upper mid-level and being honest if these 2 fought it would be so one sided it would be heartbreaking to watch.I have trained with every level of men and women in combat sports.This should never be allowed period!

View PostCrimsonKing, on 06 March 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

Truth being told after the lower level fighters,no its not even close!Rhonda Rousey is top notch and world class,but she is the same weight class as urijah faber.Once urijah came to the ufc he is about upper mid-level and being honest if these 2 fought it would be so one sided it would be heartbreaking to watch.I have trained with every level of men and women in combat sports.This should never be allowed period!
didnt she just beat urijah? oh wait nevermind that was liz lol jk. and i wouldn't call urijah mid level, he basically only loses to champions.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#12    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DarkSide of TheMoon

  • "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 06 March 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

at the end of the day dana can only do so much now im not disagreeing with you but if she is licensed by the commision and as a female should she rack up more wins and continue to call out the ufc you can bet your ass hes going to be pressured and lobbied until he makes the fight wether its prelim or not. not saying i agree with it i dont know what to make of it. this is fairly new in the fight game there have been a few transgendered muay thai champs but none that i know of in boxing and as far as i know this is the first case in mma so this is something that should be addressed and properly mandated by the commisions

Actually Dana has all the pull in this sport.He has bought up every competing brand that has come his way.When Gena Carano was champ people were pushing for a womens division and Dana stood his ground.Sure Gena can fight and is beautiful but Dana knew the difference.Once Rhonda came along sure you have a world class athlete who beat even men in judo at the olympics,this is still a far cry from a transgender man fighting a woman.Dana will NEVER allow this to happen.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#13    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:DarkSide of TheMoon

  • "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 06 March 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

didnt she just beat urijah? oh wait nevermind that was liz lol jk. and i wouldn't call urijah mid level, he basically only loses to champions.

That is funny liz did look like female urijah hahaha.I said he is upper mid level contender status basically

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#14    notoverrated

notoverrated

    O.O

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • Joined:18 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kansas

  • courage > scooby

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 06 March 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

i dont think it should be allowed either in combat sports however im only saying that theres women out there that can hang with the best of em not just in mma but in boxing and muay thai perhaps me saying top quality fighters was too much but if an ann wolfe or lucille riker in their primes fought some of the top fighters in their time oo man thatd been interesting. womens mma hasnt come around enough to where any single female is a pure mixed martial artist yet. thats not to disrespect them but womens mma is still in its infancy.
there are very skilled women out there, but men have a advantage that would be very difficult to over come, perfect example would be guys from different weight classes fighting. BJ penn is a great fighter he just cant hang with the bigger guys in Welter weight, and thats how i would see a female fighter trying to compete in a mens weightclass.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#15    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

    Hermit

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
  • Joined:02 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

  • I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 06 March 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Actually Dana has all the pull in this sport.He has bought up every competing brand that has come his way.When Gena Carano was champ people were pushing for a womens division and Dana stood his ground.Sure Gena can fight and is beautiful but Dana knew the difference.Once Rhonda came along sure you have a world class athlete who beat even men in judo at the olympics,this is still a far cry from a transgender man fighting a woman.Dana will NEVER allow this to happen.

well he does run the biggest organization but quite a few organizations he snatched up were on their dying breath but thats an entirely different discussion :) btw its gina ;) lol. dana eventually came around because of ratings quality of fights and how much people actually wanted it, plus dana flip flops more than any man ive ever seen, gina lost her ticket to being the face of womens mma after she was crushed and exposed, rhonda has something gina never will and thats olympic credentials that and the press LOVES rhonda.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users