Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cabbits

razorbladeki5s

There is a long-standing myth that cats and rabbits can produce offspring which are half-cat, half-rabbit and which are therefore called cabbits. The classic version of the myth goes thus:

Anyone who owns rabbits will know that they are incredibly cute, but not exactly exciting or affectionate and their housetraining can leave much to be desired. A company in America has developed a hybrid animal which, they claim, combines the best qualities of both the rabbit and the cat: cute, affectionate, active and very, very clean. Male rabbits are famed for their willingness to attempt sex with any female animal of approximately the same size, regardless of whether it is a rabbit or not. By coincidence, cats and rabbits share the same number of chromosomes and a similar gestation period. In addition, female cats will happily raise the young of other species alongside their own kittens. All of these factors have combined to help animal breeders develop a brand new pet. Called a "racat" (although some breeders are pushing for the more attractive term of "cabbit") the animal can be ordered from almost any large pet store but may take some time to arrive in stock due to the almost legendary laid-back natures of both the cat and the rabbit.

:P

post-28372-1135924982_thumb.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Nyx_

• razorbladeki5s

• lkayn

• Mako_Torriblaidd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nyx... i think its really adorable...

wouldn't you want one too... :lol:

There's already a cabbit thread :D

awh...

didn't know that.. sorry for this post! :hmm:

EVEN bettter to hunt Break out the smg semi's bolts pumps over and unders single shot leaver and rotateing, WERE going cabbit hunting!:gun:

No im not a psycotic killer, i just like boom boom sticks.

Cabbit hunting or cabbit annihilating? You'll blow the suckers to kingdom come.....dang... :ph34r:

That is the point destroy those messed up varmin!!!!!!! Sorry i like to blow stuff up, like flies with my bb gun...... so squishy blob!

:lol: Happy hunting then....I would reconsider and have one stuffed and mounted just so you had proof.......so many people these days have a problem with imaginary creatures, you know..... :P

Last night my son wanted a toy and kept calling the toy rabbit a cat. Meh, perhaps he knew something. :tu:

Tis okay, they (mods) may merge it. I want a cabbit to myself, however, cats and rabbits cannot breed. I still want one though.

yeahh it would be cool to have one. maybe i should start keeping a kitten and a little bunny.. tame em.. let em hang out every so often till their used to each other and become friends... THEN... here comes the experiment... :D

My friends rabbit is male, and her cat is female, and the rabbit always attempts to mate with the cat. Its quite funny to watch really...And then he tries with the female dog, but the dogs to big, so it moves back to the cat...

Somehow I don't think it would work. For a cat to ovulate the male's 'member' needs to be barbed. Don't ask me how I know this information... :blink:

My friends rabbit is male, and her cat is female, and the rabbit always attempts to mate with the cat. Its quite funny to watch really...And then he tries with the female dog, but the dogs to big, so it moves back to the cat...

gee.. the rabbit's a whore. :o

did the cat/dog tried to attack the rabbit?

or they..... :blink:

The cat hisses at the rabbit and walks away. The dogs to lazy and just sits there. Luckily, the dog and the cat are spayed. Don't know about the rabbit.

Thats sick :no:

I have a neutered cat who still likes to umm....you know, and he's got his own towel for that purpose...he was going after the other male cat I have, but that just didn't work out too well.... :ph34r:

CABBITS - WHAT ARE THEY?

Copyright 1999 - 2005, Sarah Hartwell

I've had a lot of enquiries from people asking where they can buy a cabbit. They have read two of my articles and misunderstood the information about cabbits. Those who have mailed me thought I was saying that there really are creatures which are part cat and part rabbit. Some even thought I was breeding cabbits or that I knew cabbit-breeders who would sell them a cabbit. Here's what I actually wrote:-

Cabbit

:no: