Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Am I god?

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#91    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,654 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

View PostKoreyomg, on 07 January 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

Time is transparent. It is not a physical thing we should measure. Yes it does exist by the process of aging. But Time is manipulated by forces like gravity and in a dense place like a black hole does not exist period.

That is a bit nieve. There have been consistant NDE's or Near Death Experiences, the scientific term, that have been documented. Most of which occured after the patients brain stopped functioning. I personally had my own near death experience 2 years ago which is about the same time that I started waking up or becoming conscious.

Here is a detailed link that describes one of the more profound and famous NDE's from Mellen-Thomas Benedict, I highly suggest you read it to get more perspective on the subject
http://www.near-deat...arnation04.html
I have had this conversation before with others.  The bottom line is...you are still alive.  Nothing that you experienced can be proven to exist.  Your awareness is still part of a life form.  Once your life form is 'dead' in the ground dead, it may well be that what you experienced in your NDE is exactly what you will experience then as well.  All I am saying is that I don't know, can't know, won't know until my body is a corpse.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#92    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,615 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

This topic reminds me of The Myth of Sisyphus..

In one such chapter Camus analyzes Dostoevsky's work The Possessed.

One such character, Kirilov, commits suicide as he deems life can only be worth living if God exists. Simultaneously, he does not believe that God exists, and thus kills himself out of revolt. Camus reasons Kirilov did not kill himself out of despair, but out of the hope to "become God."

"If there is no God, Kirilov is God."

This reflects on how unsure people continue to live based on hope - and that he wished to die with freedom to show the freedom all people have.

It's a strange train of thought, but it's a thought provoking one.

"A belief is like a guillotine, just as heavy, just as light." - Franz Kafka

#93    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 2,648 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

I'm just happy to be human here on this planet right now. Once I'm done exploring this, then maybe I'll have time to contemplate whether I'm god or not. Frankly, I don't think i want the responsibility, but I'm pretty sure there's plenty of people willing to tackle that.

#94    KainFall

KainFall

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

• Nothing is as it may seem.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

You know, theres an old saying... Believe that your god.. An you will begin to suffer. Cursed, I believe in free will and free spirit. As is the law of god.. An they tell a background story behind that too.. I also believe in intuitive human behaivor.. God cannot be killed me ones Sin.. Is it because of truths... Or is it because of the YING an Yang of things..

Truths are withheld in the mind.

Edited by KainFall, 07 January 2013 - 01:30 PM.

Open Your Mind To New Experiences

#95    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostEonwe, on 07 January 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

This topic reminds me of The Myth of Sisyphus..

In one such chapter Camus analyzes Dostoevsky's work The Possessed.

One such character, Kirilov, commits suicide as he deems life can only be worth living if God exists. Simultaneously, he does not believe that God exists, and thus kills himself out of revolt. Camus reasons Kirilov did not kill himself out of despair, but out of the hope to "become God."

"If there is no God, Kirilov is God."

This reflects on how unsure people continue to live based on hope - and that he wished to die with freedom to show the freedom all people have.

It's a strange train of thought, but it's a thought provoking one.
Though Camus has missed an important point. Kirilov was looking for an excuse for suicide. He was outwardly saying that he is god because he can take life, his own, but it was a pathetic excuse. Perhaps also a lack of full understanding by renaming this book as The Possessed. Demons is better, even in English I think, as it implies the reality of actual demons. This is close to my heart.....

#96    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,615 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 07 January 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Though Camus has missed an important point. Kirilov was looking for an excuse for suicide. He was outwardly saying that he is god because he can take life, his own, but it was a pathetic excuse. Perhaps also a lack of full understanding by renaming this book as The Possessed. Demons is better, even in English I think, as it implies the reality of actual demons. This is close to my heart.....

Hmmm. That is true.. Camus focused more on the absurd where as Dostoevsky was a little more existentialist..

In a way, Camus perspective on God, in my opinion, can be reflected through the POV of Dr. Bernard Rieux from The Plague.

"A belief is like a guillotine, just as heavy, just as light." - Franz Kafka

#97    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

5:55

• 3,153 posts

• No two caterpillars share the same cocoon.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

View PostKoreyomg, on 05 January 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

I agree. Without intent of disrespect I do feel as though most are taught to remain ignorant to philosophy and trust their religious teachings. Which in my open leaves them to drop their "sins" on a trustworthy savior and god rather than dealing with the karma themselves.

I agree we 'have been' taught to remain ignorant of philosophy and trust in religious teachings but I also feel this is changing now, in some places more rapidly than others..... Including this website, but 'dropping sins' on a savior - I understand you are referring to the Christian thought thought that Jesus died for our sins and now we are saved... This does not make a person unaccountable for their Karma, because within the teaching they are to repent and in their heart undergo a spiritual change, this is the Karmic work that also goes forward... there may be freedom in Christ, but that is not the same as being exused or having leniency on spiritual responsibility.... Quite the opposite

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#98    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

Don't try to force your flawed human logic on us!

• 2,460 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostKoreyomg, on 07 January 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

Time is transparent. It is not a physical thing we should measure. Yes it does exist by the process of aging. But Time is manipulated by forces like gravity and in a dense place like a black hole does not exist period.

That is a bit nieve. There have been consistant NDE's or Near Death Experiences, the scientific term, that have been documented. Most of which occured after the patients brain stopped functioning. I personally had my own near death experience 2 years ago which is about the same time that I started waking up or becoming conscious.

Here is a detailed link that describes one of the more profound and famous NDE's from Mellen-Thomas Benedict, I highly suggest you read it to get more perspective on the subject
http://www.near-deat...arnation04.html
So then do you believe theres an afterlife  for everyone, because Iv been near death in the hospital a couple of times and I didnt see ANY of those types of things that are in the link you posted, I may have been speaking from past experiances that Iv had, I didnt mean to sound like im just writing it off as there is no afterlife, and Im sorry about that

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#99    Koreyomg

Koreyomg

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it. I can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the cost of your life

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 08 January 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

So then do you believe theres an afterlife  for everyone, because Iv been near death in the hospital a couple of times and I didnt see ANY of those types of things that are in the link you posted, I may have been speaking from past experiances that Iv had, I didnt mean to sound like im just writing it off as there is no afterlife, and Im sorry about that

I do yes, and out of the studies they found that about 20% had one. I believe that when you die you fall into the afterlife your sub-conscious believes in. Because in the afterlife we can be fully aware and the possibilities are limitless, but if you are taught to believe in heaven when you die you will go there. That is why you never hear of a muslin having a NDE with a christian view of heaven. It is all relative to the individual. And if you are not aware enough to it you won't even realize. They say a skeptic will not even be aware that they are on an astral plane because they are not open to it.

#100    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,460 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostKoreyomg, on 09 January 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

I do yes, and out of the studies they found that about 20% had one. I believe that when you die you fall into the afterlife your sub-conscious believes in. Because in the afterlife we can be fully aware and the possibilities are limitless, but if you are taught to believe in heaven when you die you will go there. That is why you never hear of a muslin having a NDE with a christian view of heaven. It is all relative to the individual. And if you are not aware enough to it you won't even realize. They say a skeptic will not even be aware that they are on an astral plane because they are not open to it.
I can understand that but I wonder why nothing happened for me, I mean Im not a skeptic, I believe there are things that cant be seen with the naked eye and that there are higher dimensions.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#101    Koreyomg

Koreyomg

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it. I can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the cost of your life

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 09 January 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

I can understand that but I wonder why nothing happened for me, I mean Im not a skeptic, I believe there are things that cant be seen with the naked eye and that there are higher dimensions.

Well as I understand it some believe that the soul goes through a period of sleep when you die to prepare itself for the afterlife. Perhaps that may be why most see nothing. That I would still like to figure out myself. :hmm:

#102    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,460 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

View PostKoreyomg, on 10 January 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

Well as I understand it some believe that the soul goes through a period of sleep when you die to prepare itself for the afterlife. Perhaps that may be why most see nothing. That I would still like to figure out myself. :hmm:
They say you can gain those experiances by taking this drug called DMT, also what are your views on that. they say that in the brain resides this thing that gives off those feelings but in such low doses that most people dont realize thats what it is.

#103    Shadow_Masta

Shadow_Masta

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostBeany, on 07 January 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

I'm just happy to be human here on this planet right now. Once I'm done exploring this, then maybe I'll have time to contemplate whether I'm god or not. Frankly, I don't think i want the responsibility, but I'm pretty sure there's plenty of people willing to tackle that.

#104    Shadow_Masta

Shadow_Masta

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

All in all there is no more responsibility to being god than being human. Simply because man is god already. In the bible we are told that man was created in, not only in the image, but the likeness of god. This suggests that we are all gods. I believe that we all have the ability to perform the very same miracles that the jesus in the bible did. Before he performed each of his miracles he always asked "do you believe?" Belief is a powerful thing. When one learns to control one's mind, and unlock his/her full potential, and learns to believe in the impossible, amazing things can happen.

#105    Koreyomg

Koreyomg

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 10 January 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

They say you can gain those experiances by taking this drug called DMT, also what are your views on that. they say that in the brain resides this thing that gives off those feelings but in such low doses that most people dont realize thats what it is.

I am going in the summer to do a spirit walk using peyote. Which induces a similar spiritual experience. I saw the documentary on netflix called DMT: The Spirit Molecule. If you haven't seen it I suggest you do. But yes DMT is a natural element found in all living things. They say its how animals can communicate with plants. IT is released in our bodies in small doses when we sleep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users