Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The crocodiles wandering in back yards

crocodiles

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,607 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

The crocodile population of tropical Australia has exploded in recent decades. How are people learning to live with the creatures in their back gardens?

From behind a steel fence, a fully-grown adult crocodile - Harold, a heavyweight at 4.6m (15ft) long - peers at me suspiciously.

Despite the security, it is unnerving to be so close to such a fearsome predator, especially one that won't take his eyes off me.

But in Australia's Northern Territory, armour-plated saltwater crocodiles like Harold are thriving in creeks, rivers and swamps.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-22713899

Posted Image

#2    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

See...the solution would be to mount a good chihuahua defense. Once the crocs have had their fill, they'll swim off. ^_^

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

I would hate it if one of them was in my yard watching me.  I think I would have a good idea what was on his mind and I wouldn't like it.

#4    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostHilander, on 03 June 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

I would hate it if one of them was in my yard watching me.  I think I would have a good idea what was on his mind and I wouldn't like it.

lol, probly something along the lines of, "wonder if she tastes like chicken?"

Also tagged with crocodiles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users