Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Necromancy

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#46    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

Allegedly ,Aleistar Crowley ,could reanimate bodies ,in a very eleaborate ritual,which is shunned by all witches I know .
Disgusting .

Voodoo zombies are a whole other thing .

I like the zombies in the anita Blake books .She's a necromancer by trade,so she ressurects the dead.
There are these hysterical scenarios where the family wants to know ,like who murdered them,or who did they want to leave all their money to.

Miss me?

#47    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,155 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:01 AM

I've read through the posts, and someone mentioned about the idea that the "after-life" might be better than our current life.
Well, I hope that's true, 'cause this life sucks... I would not want to come back.

#48    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

Shouldn't this thread be in the psychics board? Necromancy and necromancers are hardly cryptids...

Posted Image

#49    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Well I believe when the body dies the soul leaves. If it was possible to bring the dead back the person would be soulless right? I know some non-belivers don't believe in this.

#50    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

• Mercurian

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

I like what the Egyptians thought about Life After Death:

The ancient Egyptians understood the separation of soul from body, an explanation of what happens when the Ka does not join the Ba is presented in the Coffin Texts of King Unas.

There is a division that occurs at the point of death, our consciousness becomes divided into two separate states. The first state in this division of consciousness is called the "Ba", this is the immortal state of consciousness that reincarnates and continues its sacred pilgrimage towards total illumination.

It is the spark of divinity that resides within us all, the aspect of our multidimensional being that inspires us to overcome our animal nature, to move beyond the cravings of the small self-centered ego so as to experience an interconnectedness with the entire universal reality and beyond.

The second aspect of this great separation at death is the "Ka". The Ka is the part of the human consciousness that remains here on Earth. It is perceived as the "ghost" or psychic residue of the previous conscious being. It is the spirit. It is the part of us that has a connection with the place that the physical body lived, with the objects it possessed, with the people that it knew.

The Ka is the aspect of consciousness that is left when the Ba, or animating force, departs the physical body. It is the shadow, or remaining psychic imprint, of soul consciousness, or the "spirit" which haunts a place, that occupies illusory heavens and hells, that may relive its own human life over and over for eternity.

- paraphrased from "Alchemy of the Afterlife: The Ka, the Ba, and the Kabbalah" by Jay Weidner

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#51    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,829 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

The OP asked for a scientific answer. We can rule out souls...

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#52    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

At our current technological level, it is impossible to revive the dead or store their memories as information for later revival attempts.

However, both of these things are within the realm of theoretical possibility. With a greater understanding of how the electricity and chemicals on and around our bodies work, and in what ways the physical structure of a brain affects the personality and memories, we could possibly sculpt a brain with the information built into it. And that's only one possible option.

Edit: Also with advancements in nanotechnology, it's probably possible to have the nanobots reconstruct and replace deteriorated or deteriorating biological parts. With that we could possibly revive dead tissue, and when enough dead tissue becomes living tissue, the whole organism should spring to life. Of course, it probably won't behave as it did before, unless it died very recently or was somehow preserved.

Edited by Xetan, 10 August 2012 - 07:29 PM.

Posted Image

#53    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

That's true Xetan, but if you go back a hundred or so years we can do things, medically speaking, that probably looks a lot like "magic" to people from that time. Get an infection? Pretty much have to cut it off, if you can or you're a goner. The flu was one of the biggest killer diseases of the last century and second only to the Plague of medieval times. Now, unless you have serious health issues, the flu is an inconvenience more than anything else.

I'm just saying that in another hundred or so years, who knows what we'll have, if someone dies and you can get them back to a hospital in time before they go "bad", they might be able to jump-start them again.

#54    zombeikiller

zombeikiller

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

• 2012 not the end. just the beging of the war aginst demons. "So lock and load! Take as many as you can with you!"

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostDKO, on 10 August 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

souls are not proven false by science.  so can't rule it out.

i saw something online about some guy transplanting 1 munkys brain into another live monkeys body. the trans plant was a success but the monkey diead because they didn't know anything about nerves and the monkey could breath in oxgyen it need to live. and suffacated.

you could transfear your memorys to and live on in another body. but such tech to record your memorys has not been made yet. basically you record them or copy your brain. each brain is diffrent from one another.
people who die that are close to makeing a breakveiw for humanity where able to comeback from a recent beath to finish what they started could change every ones life.

#55    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

• Mercurian

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostDKO, on 10 August 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

The soul cannot yet be measured, so science cannot rule it out . . . (little trick I picked up from the god believers here :nw: )

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#56    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,829 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

View Postzombeikiller, on 12 August 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

souls are not proven false by science.  so can't rule it out.

i saw something online about some guy transplanting 1 munkys brain into another live monkeys body. the trans plant was a success but the monkey diead because they didn't know anything about nerves and the monkey could breath in oxgyen it need to live. and suffacated.

you could transfear your memorys to and live on in another body. but such tech to record your memorys has not been made yet. basically you record them or copy your brain. each brain is diffrent from one another.
people who die that are close to makeing a breakveiw for humanity where able to comeback from a recent beath to finish what they started could change every ones life.

Exactly, A soul hasn't been proven false or true, no decent evidence either. I'm not saying it's not possible but it can't be answered scientifically, which is what the OP was asking.

No brain transplant on any vertebrate has ever been done. Head transplants have, on a few animals, they were even able to see, hear, taste and bite.

http://en.wikipedia....Head_transplant

http://en.wikipedia....rain_transplant

Edited by DKO, 13 August 2012 - 11:24 AM.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

#57    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,829 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

View PostEtu Malku, on 12 August 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

The soul cannot yet be measured, so science cannot rule it out . . . (little trick I picked up from the god believers here :nw: )

Haha I like that. I guess we'll just have to wait for a soulmeter to be invented.

Confucius Says:

#58    The Dreamer - Hybrid89

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

• Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

View Post0011235813, on 27 February 2011 - 04:33 PM, said:

Did you ever wander wether you could bring back the dead? I aim to find information related to the "mystical" art of bringing
back dead people, or wether you can do it in a more scientific way (say keep a record of their memories and create a new body)
or wether it is COMPLETELY impossible. (I say completely, if you are interested to know why then why not google "parallel dimensions theory")
I am trying to be realistic, NO I do not want to bring back the dead, this is simply hypothetical and out of curiosity.
If you believe/disbelieve then please comment, please give reasons for your opinions.
Thanks.
Interesting post.

Well, Necromancy as a subject in myth/folklore has always interested me. For sometime id forgotton about it but when I seen it being mentioned on 'True Blood' I think it was in season 4 I remembered. However, I didnt do a whole lot of researching into it.

Personally and in my own opinion, I think to bring back the dead is disrespectful, you know the old saying 'Do not speak ill of the dead', or something along those lines.

Regardless of our current technological advances which IMo aint great I dont see the point. I mean once the decomp process starts, well.

Can you imagine resurrecting someone with half a brain and they fart whats left of there insides out? :P

I think other than the fact of resurrecting someone to see if it'd work i believe its pointless.

Im not a man of faith but I do believe that we all have our path in life, regardless of what it may be.

On a final note, interesting post, thumbs up :tu:

Posted Image

#59    tatornator

tatornator

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• do those stairs also go up?

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

its probably possible with the science the government has today

#60    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

Rotting bodies does not appeal to me, so no.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users