Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Next Apocalypse

Lilly

Well folks, looks like 12/21/2012 is going to be a bust (ie, we're still here!). So, when's the next Doomsday predicted? I just found this nifty site. Gives us a nice overview of past 'end of the world' dates and offers some future predictions.

Apparently, the next Armageddon is slated for 2017 when the Angel Gabriel will show up tooting his trumpet to hearld the end! So, if you're disappointed by today's lack of destruction you only have 4 more years to wait for another shot at it.

Edited by Lilly
oops!
  • Like 7

No, it's much earlier:

Missed that one, lol.

And how about this one:

“2014 AZ5 is the object which currently has the highest chance of impacting Earth in March of 2013,” said Quami Lochmo of the European Space Agency’s Solar System Missions Division in the Dutch city of Noordwijk.

“We are currently also in the process of making governments around the world aware of the situation,” Lochmo said. “

The near-Earth asteroid 2014 Az5 has an impact probability of 1 in 125 for March 17, 2013, said Donald Lochmo.

This impact probability isn’t set in stone, however. It can be changed slightly.

http://weeklyworldne...ding-for-earth/

Well folks, looks like 12/21/2012 is going to be a bust (ie, we're still here!). So, when's the next Doomsday predicted? I just found this nifty site. Gives us a nice overview of past 'end of the world' dates and offers some future predictions.

Apparently, the next Armageddon is slated for 2017 when the Angel Gabriel will show up tooting his trumpet to hearld the end! So, if you're disappointed by today's lack of destruction you only have 4 more years to wait for another shot at it.

eh something to look forward to.

Could it be theres a alien reason for all these near misses. are they shots across the bow ? (had to add a conspiracy theory for content)

you only have 4 more years to wait for another shot at it.

shots?

Edited by freetoroam

what about that asteroid which will pass between the earth and the moon, and depending on whether it goes through a specific area in space they are calling a 'keyhole' it will come back for impact in 2036.

It wasn't a doomsday prediction though. That's the whole point. lol

what about that asteroid which will pass between the earth and the moon, and depending on whether it goes through a specific area in space they are calling a 'keyhole' it will come back for impact in 2036.

That gives us 24 years to prepare, yippee. I say that all the peoples of the world get together and create a huge solar sail for the earth - the solar winds can then shift the world out of the asteroids path - or we can just call Bruce Willis.

• Like 1

That gives us 24 years to prepare, yippee. I say that all the peoples of the world get together and create a huge solar sail for the earth - the solar winds can then shift the world out of the asteroids path - or we can just call Bruce Willis.

i like the solar sail idea, except it may get caught on one of the hundreds of satellites we have circling us....As long as its tear proof and does not knock out my internet, great.....I am sending you some material now.....will any colour do?

• Like 1

Actually... the Mayan 2012 thing may not have been a bust... The New Agers just forgot to factor in White's Variable...

* White's Variable: That value that you add, subtract, multiply, divide or otherwise factor into the answer you got, to get the answer you should have gotten...

• Like 1

I'm still accepting donations.

• Like 1

It better not happen before Swindon Town win the Champions League!

• Like 1

I think they recently did try a solar sail.I see 2 darts sticking out of this asteroid in the 2nd part after the feed cut out 100,000 km. Was this due to hit this time or are they preparing for a known future even

[media=]

[/media] Edited by AsteroidX

Actually... the Mayan 2012 thing may not have been a bust... The New Agers just forgot to factor in White's Variable...

* White's Variable: That value that you add, subtract, multiply, divide or otherwise factor into the answer you got, to get the answer you should have gotten...

I keep coming up with the same answer...... "haha", what does that mean?

• Like 1

I'm still accepting donations.

I am donating to you a calender, please do not damage it, its been in the family for years, it could be worth some money one day.....

Its a mayan calender.

Edited by freetoroam

I am donating to you a calender, please do not damage it, its been in the family for years, it could be worth some money one day.....

Its a mayan calender.

And I hope it's not an Aztec calendar every believer in 2012 kept posting all over the internet.

Eh why so far away? Can't you find something sooner?

What am I going to do for the next 4 years?

• Like 1

Tbh I think they will just channel the latest "alien" of the week.

Edited by Medium Brown

And I hope it's not an Aztec calendar every believer in 2012 kept posting all over the internet.

it will not let me post a pic. :cry:

For Sale Cheap! 83 cans of beans, 14 cans of tuna, 22 cans of Spam, 3 flashlites, 6 gallons of water(warm), 8 candles, 2000 wooden matches, first aid kit, 10 batteries(AAA),1 used radio, 117 rolls of TP, 62 rolls of paper towels. Must be purchased as a lot. Call oncewasaprepper for pricing.

• Like 3

it will not let me post a pic. :cry:

I will help you with that:

THIS is a Mayan calendar:

tzolkin.gif

This is the Aztec calendar:

azteccal3.jpg

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1