Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Senate Leaders 'Reach Deal' To Avert Default

Still Waters

Senate leaders have reached a last-minute agreement to avert a threatened US default and reopen the government, according to a Republican senator.

Senator Kelly Ayotte said congressional leaders would push for passage as soon as possible.

"I understand they've come to an agreement but I'm going to let the leader announce that," Sen Ayotte said as she walked into a meeting of Senate Republicans called to review details of the emerging deal.

http://news.sky.com/...o-avert-default

I'm glad this is resolved so Obama can focus on 'immigration reform'...

*End sarcasm*

:td:

• Like 2

Senate leaders have reached a last-minute agreement to avert a threatened US default and reopen the government, according to a Republican senator.

Senator Kelly Ayotte said congressional leaders would push for passage as soon as possible.

"I understand they've come to an agreement but I'm going to let the leader announce that," Sen Ayotte said as she walked into a meeting of Senate Republicans called to review details of the emerging deal.

http://news.sky.com/...o-avert-default

Senate Solution: Kick the can down the road for 90 days ???

Also, the Quick Fix includes new income verification for ObamaCare.

Sequester Law Levels remain where they are.

Cruz Response: This Quick Fix does nothing for single parents who are being forced into part-time work because of ObamaCare.

Senator Ted Cruz gave an impressive press conference! :tu:

The battle is NOT over. We will be right back at this same spot in 90 days. :yes:

Well except that the teapublican party totally caved, has been shown to be disfunctional, ignorant and seditious.

Well except that the teapublican party totally caved, has been shown to be disfunctional, ignorant and seditious.

No, the can has been kicked down the road for 90 days. That's it.

The Senator Ted Cruz press conference impressed everyone. Even the journalists at NBC said " Wow!"

A Political Star has arrived at the U.S. Senate. :tu:

The Senate has once again reached an 11th-hour deal to avert fiscal disaster. And once again, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) was at the center of it.

Thanks to negotiations between McConnell and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), lawmakers will soon vote on a bill that would reopen the government and raise the debt ceiling. For McConnell, it was an unlikely reprise of past efforts to pull the country back from the brink of disaster.

“This has been a long, challenging few weeks for Congress and for the country,” McConnell said Wednesday on the Senate floor as he announced the deal with Reid.

Read more

Will this pass the house?

Unless Boehner plays some kind of game,yes.The Dems will most likely pass this bill unanimous and only 17 Reps will be needed.

• Like 1

Unless Boehner plays some kind of game,yes.The Dems will most likely pass this bill unanimous and only 17 Reps will be needed.

Well I understand this only pushes the problem back a while but at least we have some breathing room. I'm sure congress will continue to sit on their thumbs until the next crisis looms though

and you think this strategy will work again? That's truly delusional. I can't wait for the mid-terms when the teaparty gets relegated to the dustbins of history.

• Like 1

Will this pass the house?

Probably, it will.

The good news is that Senator Ted Cruz has captured the attention of the nation. :tu:

The Senator Ted Cruz press conference impressed everyone. Even the journalists at NBC said " Wow!"

A Political Star has arrived at the U.S. Senate. :tu:

Ah Ken. I actually like it when you say things like this. Why? Because you have been wrong every single step of the way during the shutdown. I have come to realize that if Ken says it, it's not true.

• Like 4

and you think this strategy will work again? That's truly delusional. I can't wait for the mid-terms when the teaparty gets relegated to the dustbins of history.

We can only hope

Probably, it will.

The good news is that Senator Ted Cruz has captured the attention of the nation. :tu:

Trust me Sen Cruz is no good news

Oh yes! The November 2014 Election will be here very soon.

I wonder how the American people will feel when they get penalized / taxed for not signing up for ObamaCare? The website is DEAD.

It sounds just a little unfair. Wouldn't you agree?

Oh yes! The November 2014 Election will be here very soon.

I wonder how the American people will feel when they get penalized / taxed for not signing up for ObamaCare? The website is DEAD.

It sounds just a little unfair. Wouldn't you agree?

You have until Dec 15 to sign up
  • Like 2

You have until Dec 15 to sign up

Oh yes! If the ObamaCare website remains DEAD due to a defective design for the rest of the year, should the penalty / tax be drop kicked

into the future?

Hopefully this will get an open vote in the House. Sounds like there's enough moderate Republicans who are sick of this mess and want it ended. Of course in a few months I wouldn't be surprised if the Tea Party tried to take the country hostage again. Seems to be the only thing they know how to do. Why go through proper political process when you can just threaten millions of Americans. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Hopefully this will get an open vote in the House. Sounds like there's enough moderate Republicans who are sick of this mess and want it ended. Of course in a few months I wouldn't be surprised if the Tea Party tried to take the country hostage again. Seems to be the only thing they know how to do. Why go through proper political process when you can just threaten millions of Americans. :rolleyes:

Happens if you learned politics watching The Sopranos :innocent:

All Americans will be screaming at Washington when time runs out to sign up for ObamaCare on a DEAD website.

Penalize / Tax us for not signing up ?!!! The website is DEAD......RIP.

Sebelius should be fired for that incompetence.

If the team is in last place, you don't fire the bat boy. You fire the manager.

All Americans will be screaming at Washington when time runs out to sign up for ObamaCare on a DEAD website.

Penalize / Tax us for not signing up ?!!! The website is DEAD......RIP.

Sebelius should be fired for that incompetence.

If the team is in last place, you don't fire the bat boy. You fire the manager.

Politics doesn't work that like. If you don't like a law you campaign against it, you get the votes in an election, and you reform or repeal it. You don't ignore public opinion and the checks and balances of the American government by taking the country hostage and threaten to possibly do massive damage to the world economy unless 100% of your demands are met.

Americans might have not liked Obamacare but they hated the idea of a shutdown. The GOP flipped them off and did it anyway. And even though you're living in your own form of reality the rest of us can see how much that has hurt the party.

• Like 4

I think republicans actually believe their own propaganda spouted by Fox news and have lost touch with reality. As for those thinking Ted Cruz is a rising star the Houston Chronicle had an editorial today expressing regret for having endorsed him in his campaign for the senate. As a liberal I never thought I would miss Kay Bailey Hutchinson but compared to Ted she seems a bastion of sanity

• Like 1

And passed. Looks like more Republicans than expected voted yes which is a good sign. Maybe some sanity will return to the GOP.

• Like 1

We could be so luck that this sad, disfigured "tea party" could die a terrible, terrible death so we would have to listen anymore to their pathetic and uneducated ramblings.

Maybe some sanity will return to the GOP.

Don't count on it. Not with all the crazies still out there.

Waiting with their transvaginal utrasounds....

Where did all of the actual republicans go?

Edited by Imaginarynumber1